Your biggest fears/phobias?

Sakura

Is there anything you are really afraid of such as spiders, dogs, even chickens? (I actually saw a show once where someone had a huge phobia of chickens). Would you consider the fear so bad that it would be a phobia, such as just the sight of it scares you? I personally have a huge phobia of needles to the point that even getting a blood test makes me want to faint lol I've never been able to actually get over it either.

What about fear of dying? Such as, in what way are you most scared to die? For me I think it would be drowning is my biggest fear when it comes to ways to die, even though I can think of much worse, it seems the most likely that could happen. 

I guess the closest thing I have to a "phobia" would be public speaking. I hate being in the spotlight like that. My whole body gets tense, heart pounds in my chest like a war-drum, etc. etc. I avoid it like the plague that it is, as often as humanly possible. Since I left college, I haven't had to worry so much about it anymore, thankfully. If I'm prepared enough on what I'm speaking about, I can pull it off, but damn if I ain't a nervous wreck beforehand and during.

Like you, I also have a deep hatred of needles (which is why I have no tattoos or piercings), but if I absolutely must get a shot or have blood work done, I can manage now better than I could when I was a kid. Back then, I would have screamed bloody murder at the sight of a syringe. 😖

2 hours ago, viruxx said:

I guess the closest thing I have to a "phobia" would be public speaking. I hate being in the spotlight like that. My whole body gets tense, heart pounds in my chest like a war-drum, etc. etc. I avoid it like the plague that it is, as often as humanly possible. Since I left college, I haven't had to worry so much about it anymore, thankfully. If I'm prepared enough on what I'm speaking about, I can pull it off, but damn if I ain't a nervous wreck beforehand and during.

Like you, I also have a deep hatred of needles (which is why I have no tattoos or piercings), but if I absolutely must get a shot or have blood work done, I can manage now better than I could when I was a kid. Back then, I would have screamed bloody murder at the sight of a syringe. 😖

I forgot about public speaking, that's also something I have a fear of lol Even if it's just something in classes where you have to introduce yourself. 
I don't scream anymore, I just pretty much pass out XD 

A fear I have is a fear of heights. It depends on how high off of the ground I am, but no matter how high I am from ground level I'm always afraid of falling even though it'd only be like 1 or 2 feet off of the ground. lol I really don't even know when or where I developed that fear, but it's extremely inconvenient. ><

I'm also afraid of drowning when it comes to being afraid of a particular way of dying. That's more because I've never learned how to swim though. I think I remember always panicking if my ears were below the water line which is kind of needed to just float on water from what I remember and all I know about panicking in water is it tends to make people sink faster. At least that's what I've been told. It makes sense to me though. lol

I have a little Claustrophobia, it's not so intense I can't go into smaller spaces when I need to, but I get a sense of I need to get out of this area / situation immediately and feel relieved when I have. In regards to death, I'm not afraid of any one way to die so much as is it going to be painful.

Every time I get on a plane I have thoughts about the plane crashing and for me I think that would be my least preferred way to go in an accident. That and some Final Destination ways. Forever wary of large trucks carrying logs..😆

15 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

A fear I have is a fear of heights. It depends on how high off of the ground I am, but no matter how high I am from ground level I'm always afraid of falling even though it'd only be like 1 or 2 feet off of the ground. lol I really don't even know when or where I developed that fear, but it's extremely inconvenient. ><

I'm also afraid of drowning when it comes to being afraid of a particular way of dying. That's more because I've never learned how to swim though. I think I remember always panicking if my ears were below the water line which is kind of needed to just float on water from what I remember and all I know about panicking in water is it tends to make people sink faster. At least that's what I've been told. It makes sense to me though. lol

I used to not be scared of heights, I wouldn't say I'm necessarily like, terrified of them or something now, but I don't really LIKE it either lol ~ maybe it comes with aging XD 

2 hours ago, Sasuke said:

I have a little Claustrophobia, it's not so intense I can't go into smaller spaces when I need to, but I get a sense of I need to get out of this area / situation immediately and feel relieved when I have. In regards to death, I'm not afraid of any one way to die so much as is it going to be painful.

Every time I get on a plane I have thoughts about the plane crashing and for me I think that would be my least preferred way to go in an accident. That and some Final Destination ways. Forever wary of large trucks carrying logs..😆

Final Destination has permanently scarred me from like rollercoasters, log trucks, planes, trains,... XD every time I'm on a highway though if I see a semi with logs I'm like nope need to get outta here lollll

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1