Is One piece overated??

Don't get me wrong I'm a big one piece fan but i have issues with anime and one piece fans

First thing why one piece pacing is so bad in anime manga is far better in pacing and I just don't understand why the hell in anime they show us each and every characters reaction to a certain incident like literally each and every character!! 

And why the story have to be so prolonged I mean correct me if I'm wrong I enjoy one piece's quirkiness but i dont think it has a greater storyline i mean oda is a good story teller but not a good writer in my opinion don't get me wrong I really liked the whole cake saga but in each and every arc and saga things tend to be repetitive like the strawhats go to an island get split up coz of some reason and till each and every strawhat is delt with a boss luffy doesn't show up to the main boss and this is basic outline of every arc I mean why and if it's taking a lot of episodes to tell a small story( a arc story) then it's not a good storytelling

And why does toei have issues with pacing like they show the intro then pervious episode's shit then some other character's shit who is basically not even a significant character and then some flashback then the outro and the preview of next episode that's it

And I feel toei hates sanji

And one piece fans are toxic 

See one piece is good but there are more good anime too

And stop the debate about which is better one piece or naruto

Well that would be an interesting debate

But for the next time

• Like 1

I think it is a good anime too but yes on the overrated part. I do thing it is very prolonged though and the anime is very extended, it feels as if there are far too many episodes if you are coming in to just watching it you would be overwhelmed with the amount of episodes you have to watch. I have never really talk to a lot of other One Piece fans though so I cannot speak on if they are toxic in the fandom however I do find most fandoms of anything can be toxic. 

I'm not really much of a One Piece fan. I tried to get into it and watching something like 30ish episodes and couldn't find the appeal. I see that a lot of people like it but for me it seems like an overrated anime just on my personal experience of not being able to get into it at all and I couldn't find the appeal. 

5 hours ago, Zeref said:

I have never really talk to a lot of other One Piece fans though so I cannot speak on if they are toxic in the fandom however I do find most fandoms of anything can be toxic. 

I have a typical rule of staying out of most fandoms these days because ya, fans are toxic in most of them. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sakura said:

I'm not really much of a One Piece fan. I tried to get into it and watching something like 30ish episodes and couldn't find the appeal. I see that a lot of people like it but for me it seems like an overrated anime just on my personal experience of not being able to get into it at all and I couldn't find the appeal. 

I have a typical rule of staying out of most fandoms these days because ya, fans are toxic in most of them. 

I tried to watch it years ago, I think I made it about 12 or 13-ish episodes in, but I just lost interest. There are more episodes in that show than I'll ever be able to see at the snail's pace I watch anime these days. I'm doing good just to get a couple episodes of Inuyasha in when I get home in the evenings before having trouble keeping my eyes open.

And yes, fandom (and just hype in general) has ruined a few things for me (AoT and Chainsaw Man being two of them, perhaps also the majority of the Marvel movies too). I typically lose interest in things that are overly hyped and when people obsessively and constantly fan out over it. Not necessarily saying that being obsessed or passionate about something is a bad thing in and of itself, as long as the person(s) understands that not everybody is into whatever they are, and they know when and who it's appropriate to nerd out over it to and when and who it isn't.

Edited by viruxx
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

ALL of the “Big 3” are overrated IMO. One Piece is actually the one with the greatest appeal for me as I watched up to around ep 150 before burning out & it is the only one I even remotely consider revisiting some day.

The anime I’ve stayed with the longest is probably MHA (just watched ep 141) & frankly seasons 4&5 were disappointing & what got me interested again in season 6 was that it at least seemed to put the “End” in sight. It’s an rare series that can keep my interest for 100 episodes & most need far less. A satisfying conclusion can lead to an enduring legacy, conversely dragging things out to cash in on a pre-established fandom inevitably leads to embarrassment. And not just for anime  (Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr. Who, The Simpsons, etc.) 

spacer.png

Edited by Ohayotaku

Posted (edited)

It's a good show, but they have dragged it out waaaaaay longer than they should have. I mean they could have found the treasure and then had more adventures. 

Heck they could have stolen more and better treasure that Gold Roger by now. 

Edited by Clayton

17 hours ago, viruxx said:

And yes, fandom (and just hype in general) has ruined a few things for me (AoT and Chainsaw Man being two of them, perhaps also the majority of the Marvel movies too). I typically lose interest in things that are overly hyped and when people obsessively and constantly fan out over it. Not necessarily saying that being obsessed or passionate about something is a bad thing in and of itself, as long as the person(s) understands that not everybody is into whatever they are, and they know when and who it's appropriate to nerd out over it to and when and who it isn't.

I think all fandoms in general have the crazy people in them that are toxic for no reason. It gets annoying to like things and go online to try to find other people that like this thing, then you get bombarded by toxic fans because you don't know as much as they do because you just became a fan of the said thing. God forbid you be a new fan of something and say the -wrong- thing because you don't know. This made me stick to staying off most social media and conversing about anime or anything really included. The only anime fan place I now visit is here. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I believe this anime is legendary, but it could have been completed a long time ago. The authors are so greedy that they are willing to release episodes every week for another 20 years.

7 hours ago, Elonelir said:

I believe this anime is legendary, but it could have been completed a long time ago. The authors are so greedy that they are willing to release episodes every week for another 20 years.

This seems to be the case as with a lot of these long running animes due to the amount of money they make off the franchise they drag it out longer than it needed in order to capitalize on it. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 2:58 PM, Metabee177 said:

I have no idea but im having a good time with the series. Im on episode 3 right now. 

wait until episode 108

Edited by Clayton