What is your average day like?

Optic

[FLOAT_RIGHT]59e216dd62c90_KantokuAshiato-toastinmouth.thumb.jpg.486fbf6992aa04402c9feed0babab78f.jpg[/FLOAT_RIGHT] So what is your average day like? Do you have a morning rush to school or work? Or maybe you're a shift worker and travel outside peak hours?

At the moment I am doing a mix of job seeking and studying for new job opportunities so my routine is not very exciting. Previously for the last four years though, I was working at a school doing IT support.

My typical weekday was like this:

7.00 AM

Wake up, eat a breakfast bar and make a small Nespresso coffee.

7.30 AM

Leave the house and drive to work. It's a smooth drive, about 20 km (12.4 mi.) one way.

8.00 AM to 11.30 AM

Work starts! My main work area is in the library, on a Service Desk.

I help out teaching staff, support staff, students and parents by:

• Doing support for walk-ins at the counter
  • Answering phone calls
  • Responding to emails on the ticket system
  • Responding to call outs - issues with computer labs, classroom audio visual issues, etc.
  • Event setup of equipment where needed (assemblies, laptop trolleys, etc.)

11.30 AM to 12.10 PM

Lunch time! Support staff can't have lunch at the same time as students as that would obviously leave the area unattended. I prefer to have an earlier lunch.

12.10 PM to 4.00 PM

Back to work. If it's quiet, I will try to do some project work. Things like user documentation, finding new ways to improve existing processes etc. Or maybe a bit of news browsing. ;)

4.00 PM

Home time! Time for the drive home. OR if I'm feeling lazy for tonight, grab some takeaway on the way home.

4.30 PM to 6.00 PM

Arrive back at home and relax doing whatever I feel like. Forums, anime, gaming, etc.

6.00 PM to 7.00 PM

Dinner time with my brother. Sometimes I will also have the TV on in the background if I saw any interesting news articles earlier in the day.

7.00 PM to 8.00 PM

Varies, but I will try to slip 2-3 anime episodes in.

8.00 PM to 11.00 PM

More relaxing on whatever is on my mind until bedtime!

---

How about you? What is your average day like?

Edited by Guest

12:56pm: Wake up, get ready to go to work.

2:15pm: Work, work work. I work hard every day, even if I'm getting increasingly tired.

Uh...: I'm done for the day...whenever that is varying from day to day, though rarely is it later than 11:00pm. Of course, if I'm done early, I start looking for my supervisors to see if there's anything else to do. I figure it out from there.

Usually, I go to this party store, if only because it's the only place in town open at night. We call it "Arnold's," though only because it was once called that. I buy some drinks like milk and V8 there.

When I get home, I usually go online, posting in forums, and play video games. It seems talking to and cuddling with my Amitie plush has become a new part of the routine as of Monday earlier this week.

On weekends...it varies greatly what I do then.

Not all that exciting really as average days go, whilst my fiancé is out at work all day during the week Monday to Friday I spend my time doing loads of housechores on a daily basis, from washing up and hoovering to cleaning out the kitchen and bathroom...Outside of housechores, I spend my time watching a lot of daytime TV and TV dramas on DVD and Blu-ray, along with all of the usual watching of anime both online and on Blu-ray too...I also spend a lot of time on both Facebook and Twitter, and now right here on this amazing anime forum! ;):D:)

Edited by Guest

Wake up hopefully around 7-8. Use as much time before 9 on the computer, checking forums, looking at news, checking my Youtube/Twitter feed. Come 9, I start on school. Get most subjects down around 12. Take some time off and do more computer until Lunch, which is at 12:30. Take a bit more time on the computer until around 1:30. Get back to school, finish up computer related studies, usually done at around 3-4. Spend the rest of the time till 6 either internetting or reading something(recently been Redwall books). Come 6 I have dinner and listen to Thru The Bible by J. Vernon McGee, which lasts about half and hours. For the rest of the day and night, until 10:30 I just do whatever, computer/reading/gaming. Hit the hay at around 10:30 and hope to wake up at 7-8 and the cycle keeps going.

Durig weekdays I wake up at 9 and make myself some breakfast later. Then, I spend my morning either watching anime or gaming (I slip a shower in every other day cause I'm usually too tired to do so at night), At about 3 I get dressed and leave for class (I usually walk there, which takes about an hour) where I spend another 4 hours drawing. After I'm done, I walk back home and occupy myself with pretty much anything I can so I always nd up sleeping late.

On Saturdays, I get up much earlier cause I have a morning class, but m Sundays are completely free ^^

Every weekday, I wake up at 7 am and start school at 8:00. It ends at 3:00 pm, and is followed up by doing homework once In home.

Once all my homework is done, I just do what I feel like, such as watching a few episodes of anime, reading, playing on the Xbox or whatever else.

Well, it depends on the day. I have different schedule each day, except for school that is.

~Weekdays~

5.00AM/6.00AM

Wake up(takes a lot of effort) and get ready for school. Eat breakfast(Sometimes).

7.00AM

Go to school. (school is near).

7.10AM - 12.20PM

~Class time~

12.30PM

Come home. Have rest while reading manga~

Some days I even go have luch. It depends on my mood. :P

1.00PM - 9.30PM

I have tutions within these times. Whenever I get free, I read manga, study, do homework, do house chores, etc...

I normally sleep at 11.00PM or 12.00AM. That mostly depend on how tired or sleepy I am.

Edited by Guest

Alright, I'll describe my typical Monday... which is actually Thursday for me.

7PM

Wake up, grab some coffee and relax a bit until I'm fully awake. Then, eat, shower, put some snacks together to get me through the night, and get ready for work.

9:30 PM

Leave for work; it's only 13.7 miles away so it usually is a 12 to 15 minute drive depending on how much of a rush I'm in. For clarification, I work on Graveyard shift at an alternative detention facility for people convicted of alcohol. For the most part, we mainly get people who were convicted for felony DUIs.

9:45PM

I usually get to work at around this time. Graveyard shift does not technically start until 9:54PM, but it is nice to get their early because it is pretty often that some sort of drama or incident went down which we will want to or need to know about.

9:54PM to 12:00AM

Head to my assigned security unit, perform a security sweep... and try to stay awake. That is the hardest part of the job much of the time. Books, playing solitaire on the computer, WATCHING ANIME ON MY KINDLE FIRE, and anything else along those lines have all been declared fair game by my boss (have I mentioned I really love my boss?), so long as you are still able to notice if anything happens in the area and you do your security sweeps every half hour or so.

Unfortunately, there are many other things that can end up happening at the facility, (one-on-one suicide watches, breaking up fights, running people to the hospital), and we also have a quota of room shakedowns/searches we need to meet each week, so we don't always have quiet periods like this... but it is reaaally nice when we do.

12:00AM to 2:00AM

Mail duty. Every single package sent to the facility, we inspect. It usually takes about two hours, but it's taken as much as four and as little as half an hour at times. It's also the one part of the job that I really dislike. Searching through people's underwear that gets sent in... it is not fun.

2:00AM to 2:15PM

I go out to do a vehicle and perimeter check, which consists of inspecting our main truck we use for most things, and throwing said truck in 4WD and driving like a madman on the muddy, bumpy, snowy trail that circles the main security fence to check for any holes in the fence or other issues. Another part of the job I love.

2:00AM to 4:00AM

This is usually when I end up working as main control officer, which at this point in the shift entails very little. Just keeping an eye on the security cameras, handling any phone calls (which are very rare during this time), and tidying up the control room (because nobody else ever does!). I usually have a snack then too and refuel my caffeine levels.

4:00AM to 5:45AM

Someone else relieves me and takes over main control, and I rotate to a new unit, and do the same thing as from 10pm to 12am. Pretty much nothing ever goes on during this time, asides from occasionally transporting out offenders who complete the program which is very quick and easy.

5:54AM

Graveyard shift is officially relieved by first shift, and I head home.

6:15AM to 12AM

Relax, take care of anything that needs to be done around the house, make overly long posts on Anime Forums, etc.

1:00PM

This is usually when I get to bed, and then the cycle repeats itself~

As for my schedule on weekends... there is no schedule. At all. What I do and when I do it is extremely sporadic, some weekends I go to sleep right after getting back from work, other times I've stayed up almost 20 hours doing who-knows-what and then crash and sleep for 12 hours or so.

My days change depending on whether I have work or not but here is an average day.

5:00am

Wake up and take my dog for a quick run

Eat breakfast and pack my lunch

6:00am

Gym

Shower

7:30am

At work where I machine metal to make guns for a gun make called sig sauer and browse AF in my down time. lol

4:00pm

I get home from work and take my dog out.

Do a random chore or two.

5:00pm

Make dinner or go out to eat.

Then after that it varies from anime, manga, video games, work on cars etc. I never go to bed at the same time either. I'm really good at getting up in the morning but I can't go to bed on time to save my life. xP

• 4 weeks later...
Books, playing solitaire on the computer, WATCHING ANIME ON MY KINDLE FIRE, and anything else along those lines have all been declared fair game by my boss (have I mentioned I really love my boss?),

[FLOAT_RIGHT]:uni:[/FLOAT_RIGHT]I think I can speak for everyone in this thread, that @SanguineTear has the best boss ever. I mean seriously... that's awesome.

How many bosses out there let you watch anime during work?

*jealous*

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1