Say something to the person above!

Optic

It prolly wants socks and tupperware lids and that's why socks and lids keep disappearing u_u

• Funny 1

Are ghosts to blame for all missing socks? Taking the socks to another realm makes a lot of sense for why you can never find the sock partner after 1 load of laundry. 

• Funny 1

Most likely, at least I will choose to blame the ghosts because it's better than saying my own negligence is at fault xD 

• Funny 1

Ghost don't deserve this. Treat ghost better. This must be why they are angry they are getting blame for the things they've not done. 

• Funny 1

They must be more angry they are only able to steal 1 sock at a time or only lids and not a whole container x.x 

• Funny 1

What's really annoying is when you loose 2 socks, both from different pairs!

I've got a lot of containers and a lot of lids, but very few of the lids match any of the containers.! ☹️

• Agree 1

It would be very interesting to learn why it is a world wide issue of having the container but not the matching lid anymore. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Zeref said:

It would be very interesting to learn why it is a world wide issue of having the container but not the matching lid anymore. 

Indeed.  The truth is there's this planet out there with a very advanced civilization on it.  They did something very stupid and embarrassing that among other things resulted in the near complete destruction of all the lids on the planet, as well as the ability to create more.  Their plan to fix the situation was to manufacture dishwashing machines with teleporters in them and sell them to unsuspecting Earthings to steal all of our lids.  

NASA of course has known about this since we landed on the Moon.  Yes, we did land on the moon but the government didn't want to create a panic about aliens stealing our lids so they manufactured that cover story about a severe flaw in the design of the Apollo rocket and the creation of the Hollywood movie set in Area 51 to fake the landings.

The film production facility is of course a lie as well but it made a good cover story for the construction of a dishwasher research facility.  They now have a number of alien dishwashers there and are studying them intently to try to duplicate the teleportation technology, so far without real success.  To date they've only been able to transfer lids between "dishwashers" here on earth.  Even that much can't be reliably duplicated.  Occasionally the lid transported will disappear entirely, winding up who knows where, but sometimes the lid gets replaced in transit with a different lid entirely!  Clearly we still have a lot to learn about this alien technology.

( Save this post as I expect it will be deleted soon. 🤣🤣🤣 )

Edited by efaardvark
  • Winner 1
  • Funny 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

4 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Indeed.  The truth is there's this planet out there with a very advanced civilization on it.  They did something very stupid and embarrassing that among other things resulted in the near complete destruction of all the lids on the planet, as well as the ability to create more.  Their plan to fix the situation was to manufacture dishwashing machines with teleporters in them and sell them to unsuspecting Earthings to steal all of our lids.  

NASA of course has known about this since we landed on the Moon.  Yes, we did land on the moon but the government didn't want to create a panic about aliens stealing our lids so they manufactured that cover story about a severe flaw in the design of the Apollo rocket and the creation of the Hollywood movie set in Area 51 to fake the landings.

The film production facility is of course a lie as well but it made a good cover story for the construction of a dishwasher research facility.  They now have a number of alien dishwashers there and are studying them intently to try to duplicate the teleportation technology, so far without real success.  To date they've only been able to transfer lids between "dishwashers" here on earth.  Even that much can't be reliably duplicated.  Occasionally the lid transported will disappear entirely, winding up who knows where, but sometimes the lid gets replaced in transit with a different lid entirely!  Clearly we still have a lot to learn about this alien technology.

This comment like... wins the whole internet for the day LOL

So is this what the Grey aliens are up to? Or is it the mantis aliens? Or maybe the lizard aliens xD 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Sakura said:

So is this what the Grey aliens are up to? Or is it the mantis aliens? Or maybe the lizard aliens

I did a little googling.. that rabbit hole is deep.  Apparently the Cassini probe that NASA sent to Saturn found plastics - perhaps tupperware - on Titan, one of the moons of Saturn.  Since humans have not yet ventured that far except with robotic probes this may be evidence of occupation by the aliens, maybe as a base for dishwasher fabrication or perhaps as a relay station for the lids being sent back.  We don't know for sure since the Cassini probe failed a few years ago (official cover story) and we haven't yet sent astronauts or another probe to follow up.

But to answer your question, my guess would be probably the Grey, since insects and reptiles don't do well in cold temperatures.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Funny 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

I did a little googling.. that rabbit hole is deep.  Apparently the Cassini probe that NASA sent to Saturn found plastics - perhaps tupperware - on Titan, one of the moons of Saturn.  Since humans have not yet ventured that far except with robotic probes this may be evidence of occupation by the aliens, maybe as a base for dishwasher fabrication or perhaps as a relay station for the lids being sent back.  We don't know for sure since the Cassini probe failed a few years ago (official cover story) and we haven't yet sent astronauts or another probe to follow up.

But to answer your question, my guess would be probably the Grey, since insects and reptiles don't do well in cold temperatures.

Okay now I am truly interested lol ~ 

"Then it’s settled. Martians — well, Saturn’s-moon-ians — don’t hunger for intergalactic domination. They just want to enjoy a fresh sandwich."
🤣 ^ So in theory, it's entirely probable that aliens are out there somewhere making Tupperware AND trying to steal ours. Is it possible the aliens took down the Cassini probe because they were afraid we were going to discover their Tupperware stashes and secret dishwasher facilities? 

Grey aliens also seem like they have fingers and mantis/lizard aliens not so much. They would be much more likely to use Tupperware I think 🤔

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

Okay now I am truly interested lol ~ 

"Then it’s settled. Martians — well, Saturn’s-moon-ians — don’t hunger for intergalactic domination. They just want to enjoy a fresh sandwich."
🤣 ^ So in theory, it's entirely probable that aliens are out there somewhere making Tupperware AND trying to steal ours. Is it possible the aliens took down the Cassini probe because they were afraid we were going to discover their Tupperware stashes and secret dishwasher facilities? 

Grey aliens also seem like they have fingers and mantis/lizard aliens not so much. They would be much more likely to use Tupperware I think 🤔

I think they may have been interested in both being able to enjoy a fresh sandwich and intergalactic domination and Tupperware parties were all part of their plan to conquer the Earth. A few years ago they launched a massive Tupperware Party invasion, but for some reason their whole plan collapsed, some military historians claim that the invasion failed due to logistical supply problems. But we'll never know because the government's report on the incident are still classified as Top Secret.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

23 hours ago, efaardvark said:

This explained a lot to me. Especially reading the article posted below it with information on the properties to create tupperware being found. I think this is truly what the aliens must be after and would explaining the missing lids. It doesn't explain yet the missing socks though.

13 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I think they may have been interested in both being able to enjoy a fresh sandwich and intergalactic domination and Tupperware parties were all part of their plan to conquer the Earth. A few years ago they launched a massive Tupperware Party invasion, but for some reason their whole plan collapsed, some military historians claim that the invasion failed due to logistical supply problems. But we'll never know because the government's report on the incident are still classified as Top Secret.

Enjoyment of a fresh sandwich is possible enough of a reason to invade a planet. Wars have been started for reasons that aren't any better. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Zeref said:

It doesn't explain yet the missing socks though.

Maybe different aliens?

Or maybe the same aliens!  Maybe their civilization was so advanced that all their socks were made of plastic so they lost them in the Great Lid Catastrophy as well.

I wonder if maybe they have a dryer research team at Area 51 as well?

Edited by efaardvark

1 hour ago, Zeref said:

Enjoyment of a fresh sandwich is possible enough of a reason to invade a planet. Wars have been started for reasons that aren't any better

Sadly this is all too true.

• Agree 1

Lol yeah people will start a war about anything sometimes they don't even need a reason. 

"The planet being invaded for it's Tupperware" wasn't really on my 2024 Bingo List but I think that maybe I should add it 🤭 

Maybe we should send @efaardvark to the Greys as a peace ambassador and he can bring them lids and socks since he seems to know the most on this subject xD 

3 hours ago, efaardvark said:

I wonder if maybe they have a dryer research team at Area 51 as well?

Send those people who were going to Naruto run at the place to find out 🫣

• Cute (Kawaii) 1
  • Funny 3

Would aliens not eat a peace ambassador? Maybe the primary meat on an alien sandwich is human 🥲

But surely as an ambassador he'd have diplomatic immunity.

Always assuming that the aliens respected such protocols.

Is anyone else here old enough to remember watching the TV Sci-fi series "V"  ?

I don't remember that show but I looked it up just now and it says it aired in 1984 so that was a little before my time ~

Kinda concerned about becoming an alien sandwich now. Maybe that is why some aliens abduct cows and other farm animals. 

• Wow 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Animedragon said:

But surely as an ambassador he'd have diplomatic immunity.

Always assuming that the aliens respected such protocols.

Is anyone else here old enough to remember watching the TV Sci-fi series "V"  ?

At the risk of dating myself, yes, I do remember “V”.

Going even further back there was that Twilight Zone episode, “To Serve Man”.  

20 hours ago, Sakura said:

Kinda concerned about becoming an alien sandwich now. Maybe that is why some aliens abduct cows and other farm animals. 

Spoiler, the episode title on that TZ episode is the name of a book the aliens gave us, which turns out to actually be a cookbook once it’s deciphered so.. yeah.

Edited by efaardvark
  • Wow 1

Now Twilight Zone I have heard of/seen 😁 But only a few episodes and I don't know this cookbook episode but I'm curious now ~ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sakura said:

Now Twilight Zone I have heard of/seen

This was the old 60s version from before color was invented*.  As a kid I watched TZ and Outer Limits all the time.  The first season of OL was kinda cheezy but after that the writing, directing, and acting all got better, though mostly it was still unknowns on the writing and acting side.  Even now it's fun to go back and see the works of some actors and writers (especially for Outer Limits) before they became big names.  Captain Kirk before he became Captain Kirk for instance, or Harlan Ellison or  Clifford Simak on the writing side.

(* And yes, everything before the 70s was monochrome.  Things like sunsets and rainbows were a lot less interesting back then.  :D )

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

This was the old 60s version from before color was invented*.  As a kid I watched TZ and Outer Limits all the time.  The first season of OL was kinda cheezy but after that the writing, directing, and acting all got better, though mostly it was still unknowns on the writing and acting side.  Even now it's fun to go back and see the works of some actors and writers (especially for Outer Limits) before they became big names.  Captain Kirk before he became Captain Kirk for instance, or Harlan Ellison or  Clifford Simak on the writing side.

(* And yes, everything before the 70s was monochrome.  Things like sunsets and rainbows were a lot less interesting back then.  :D )

Yes! The really old black and white one. My mom used to watch it and I would watch it with her. I think there is a new version of Twilight Zone but I haven't seen any of it (Like I think 2019 or something). I watched a lot of old Black and white shows with her like Perry Mason, the original Addams Family, Mannix, Dragnet, and more popular ones like I love Lucy & Andy Griffith. I could probably list a lot of 60's & 70's shows I watched just because of her lol I haven't seen Outer Limits though, based on the Wiki you linked, it sounds pretty good. 

I think when it comes to these types of shows I am more a fan of the X-Files which is weird to think at this point that's 31 years old 😶‍🌫️