New ideas for AF!

Xyro

Question

If anyone has any ideas of how we can make AF better then you have come to the right place!

Feel free to place any ideas/alterations that you would like to see made to the website.

;)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

One idea I've been working on is the Featured Threads page:

https://animeforums.net/threads/featured

It is a compilation of (most) of the featured blocks/threads you see on the front page.

Would be curious on what everyone's thoughts are on it. I am also open to suggestions on other anime discussion threads we could feature on there. :)

One idea I've been working on is the Featured Threads page:

https://animeforums.net/threads/featured

It is a compilation of (most) of the featured blocks/threads you see on the front page.

Would be curious on what everyone's thoughts are on it. I am also open to suggestions on other anime discussion threads we could feature on there. :)

I think that is a pretty good idea. Having a section for featured blocks/ threads is good for new comers to the website as well :-)

I'm not sure what other threads could be featured on there though :-/

*Bunny adjust glasses on face to seem sophisticated.... oh, yeah, she does't wear glasses*

ok, now this might be stupid, but I find it a bit annoying how the online member list has moved downwards underneath the latest profile posts.... I prefered it when it was on top of the home page so I could see it instantly and not have to scroll down (lazyness level over 9000)

• Like 1

I'm not sure what other threads could be featured on there though :-/

Anime topics that are generic enough to allow everybody to give their thoughts would be good candidates as is reflected now. I would like to add some more character polls for popular titles which I will try towards the end of this week. ;)

How would these threads be populated? how active they are etc or would you have to manually add them.. ?

Currently it's manual. It can be automatic based on views, likes, etc. but at the moment I only want anime related ones for now.

ok, now this might be stupid, but I find it a bit annoying how the online member list has moved downwards underneath the latest profile posts.... I prefered it when it was on top of the home page so I could see it instantly and not have to scroll down (lazyness level over 9000)

Ah yeah I felt it was better to highlight the thread blocks first... Is there anyone else here that feels the same way? Could review this again. >_<

I have some suggestions, Bring back the competitions for Badges and awards! i haven't seen one in ages and they were fun, maybe link in a Anime music streaming site for tunes to listen to while browsing. Also it may just be me but i preferred the way the old themes layed out the website, now everything is under confusing sub sections, especially on mobile, we used to have one menu button! now it's two, the log out is getting increasingly hard to find xD

• Agree 1

Currently it's manual. It can be automatic based on views, likes, etc. but at the moment I only want anime related ones for now.

oh ok xP i was just wondering ^_^

Ah yeah I felt it was better to highlight the thread blocks first... Is there anyone else here that feels the same way? Could review this again. >_<

well i click "members" and then "current visitors" which i found to be quicker and easier for me... so it makes no difference to me xP

Edited by Guest

I have some suggestions, Bring back the competitions for Badges and awards! i haven't seen one in ages and they were fun
May Writing Contest

I've been trying to think of different types of contests to hold. I'm open to suggestions.

Drawing contests? IDK, something like that :-P

I can't draw so we would have to have I would say at least 3-6 people interested in it for it to work.

I can't draw so we would have to have I would say at least 3-6 people interested in it for it to work.

Im just going to throw out ideas:

Fan fictions

music

jokes

character creation

Im just going to throw out ideas:

Fan fictions

Kind of falls under writing.

music

jokes

Not sure how these would work.

character creation

I can work with this I think.

• Like 1

I have some suggestions, Bring back the competitions for Badges and awards! i haven't seen one in ages and they were fun

I agree so much... I've been kinda obsessed with badges and I wanna reclaim my place as the ruler of this forum (before @Ryuji mercilessly took my throne)

I'd like it if there was a new competition every month, and not only writting, but I understand this may be hard....

Also, I was thinking maybe points could be earned in other ways as well but I still don't have a clear suggestion in mind

Edited by Guest

I agree so much... I've been kinda obsessed with badges and I wanna reclaim my place as the ruler of this forum (before @Ryuji mercilessly took my throne)

I'd like it if there was a new competition every month, and not only writting, but I understand this may be hard....

I've been doing the writing contests every other month.

Also, I was thinking maybe points could be earned in other ways as well but I still don't have a clear suggestion in mind

I'm working on some ideas currently.

I have an idea: We could have a RP thread. Could make things more active and interesting since RP are like stories written by multiple people.

Also I support the "Burn down House Button" idea. I want to burn down Xi Jinping's house.

i think you have an obsession with me xP

less of a obsession and more of a bitter hatred

plz no D: I still live in his nest!!!

the button shall also save fluffy

• Agree 1

I have an idea: We could have a RP thread. Could make things more active and interesting since RP are like stories written by multiple people.

We've had a Roleplay section before. It died due to lack of people posting in it. I tried keeping it alive xP

Actually a dedicated fan fiction section would be cool, what i mean by that is rather than a fanfic being a random post, it's formatted more like the anime title lists on here, you could upload a cover etc, and then all the different chapters could be linked in like episodes, also role-play would be cool but we just didn't have enough people... :(

@Ryuji @Optic

Also is there any way a custom theme creator could be made? or if i could get access to making themes somehow?

@Optic

Edited by Guest

We've had a Roleplay section before. It died due to lack of people posting in it. I tried keeping it alive xP

Darn... Well just because you failed once doesn't mean you shouldn't try again. maybe this time will be different.

I agree with the @Sloth_chocolate 's Fanfic thread idea.

Darn... Well just because you failed once doesn't mean you shouldn't try again. maybe this time will be different.

Yeah....except the time I was referring to was when we were trying again xP It failed again.

Yeah....except the time I was referring to was when we were trying again xP It failed again.

Try Again

If there is a 1 in 4096 chance of it succeeding, we just need to do it 4096 times.

It's a genius plan really, the success chance with this plan is 99.999% xD

• Agree 1