Greetings from An Insane Artist

OnlyASimpleDream

Hello, everyone. I have been a massive fan of Japanese animation and the techniques used for as long as I can remember... Something about the dynamic movements, details on the faces and clothing, and the general cinematic feel to many of my favorite shows drew me in as an artist. Unfortunately, I had distanced myself from most similar communities due to many horror stories, which I'm sure you can imagine and have experienced. Nonetheless, as an aspiring professional artist, I wanted to find a community that I can slowly fit into, not only for my own benefit to see if there is interest in my productions in my up-and-coming studio, but also to see what I can learn from all of you in terms of social outreach, art, and general appreciation for the long and ever-evolving history of anime and manga

I am probably clinically insane, as I am creating an entire animation on my own. Not just any animation. Essentially a for-TV full-length pilot pitch episode meant to appeal to older fans of anime like Ghost in the Shell, Tokyo Ghoul, Parasite the Maxim, and other various intense series. I am doing the art, animation, sound effects, music, camera work, and almost everything else on my own. I hope to share more with you soon. Not only that, I hope to be MORE than just a shill for my art, haha. I look forward to seeing what the forum has to offer, and to provide some of my own insights when appropriate.

Cheers.

Edited by Guest

Hello, everyone. I have been a massive fan of Japanese animation and the techniques used for as long as I can remember... Something about the dynamic movements, details on the faces and clothing, and the general cinematic feel to many of my favorite shows drew me in as an artist. Unfortunately, I had distanced myself from most similar communities due to many horror stories, which I'm sure you can imagine and have experienced. Nonetheless, as an aspiring professional artist, I wanted to find a community that I can slowly fit into, not only for my own benefit to see if there is interest in my productions in my up-and-coming studio, but also to see what I can learn from all of you in terms of social outreach, art, and general appreciation for the long and ever-evolving history of anime and manga

I am probably clinically insane, as I am creating an entire animation on my own. Not just any animation. Essentially a for-TV full-length pilot pitch episode meant to appeal to older fans of anime like Ghost in the Shell, Tokyo Ghould, Parasite the Maxim, and other various intense series. I am doing the art, animation, sound effects, music, camera work, and almost everything else on my own. I hope to share more with you soon. Not only that, I hope to be MORE than just a shill for my art, haha. I look forward to seeing what the forum has to offer, and to provide some of my own insights when appropriate.

Cheers.

Hai,

Welcome to the forum,

good luck with the project, cant wait to see a teaser at some point ^_^

welcome to the forums ^_^

may I call you Dream-san? :P

I am probably clinically insane, as I am creating an entire animation on my own. Not just any animation. Essentially a for-TV full-length pilot pitch episode meant to appeal to older fans of anime like Ghost in the Shell, Tokyo Ghould, Parasite the Maxim, and other various intense series. I am doing the art, animation, sound effects, music, camera work, and almost everything else on my own. I hope to share more with you soon. Not only that, I hope to be MORE than just a shill for my art, haha. I look forward to seeing what the forum has to offer, and to provide some of my own insights when appropriate.

Cheers.

wow...that's like... wow!!!!

Hey! Sounds like a lot of work, But I look Forward to seeing what you have to share :)

If you need any help or tips with website stuff or video editing I'm good with that.

Thank you! As stubborn and controlling as I am of my art, there will soon be aspects I will need assistance with. For example, in order to make certain I get sure footing and don't starve, I will likely be doing a Kickstarter for the pilot episode before the end of the year. But I want to make certain I don't handle it like some other crowd-funded disasters... I want to have something concrete to show and make sure the audience knows exactly what they are getting. I want the quality to be good. And I want to keep things simple and concise. No stupid unrealistic stretch goals. I want to put the money and time into the animation itself... well, that and my ramen, salmon, and pizza budget.

Oops, I'm rambling. Back to working on the art I go! Thanks again.

• Like 1

Thank you! As stubborn and controlling as I am of my art, there will soon be aspects I will need assistance with. For example, in order to make certain I get sure footing and don't starve, I will likely be doing a Kickstarter for the pilot episode before the end of the year. But I want to make certain I don't handle it like some other crowd-funded disasters... I want to have something concrete to show and make sure the audience knows exactly what they are getting. I want the quality to be good. And I want to keep things simple and concise. No stupid unrealistic stretch goals. I want to put the money and time into the animation itself... well, that and my ramen, salmon, and pizza budget.

Oops, I'm rambling. Back to working on the art I go! Thanks again.

What type of art are you going for?

Stylized? Seraph of the end-Attack on titan

3D?

Or A-1 Pictures Style?

What type of art are you going for?

Stylized? Seraph of the end-Attack on titan

3D?

Or A-1 Pictures Style?

Hang on, having trouble uploading the eyecatch art. Will post link within the hour. Lovely internet outages and data capping all across the country!

Edited by Guest

I get strong Parasyte Vibes

Haha, well, that was a slight influence of mine. Trust me, though, the story is much different. While Parasyte spoke of basically an alien invasion that shifted the predatory chain's balance where the humans essentially became the prey, in mine, the parasites are genetically engineered with a crossbreed of various nanotechnology advancements. HUMAN-ENGINEERED. :P