Creating a dating forum for anime fans?

John jobs

• 6 years later...
On 2/9/2017 at 6:49 AM, John jobs said:

That all depends on the people on the site is it ACTUALLY anime fans or pervs trying to find a easy target

In even tinder possible choosing people with same intrests a like anime .

1 hour ago, animechat said:

In even tinder possible choosing people with same intrests a like anime .

Personally I'd be very wary of choosing a partner on the basis of a shared interest. I've known several people who've done that only to find out too late, when they're married, that the whole 'shared interest' thing was just an act and their partner wasn't in the slightest bit interested and basically said "we're not doing that rubbish any more".

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/1/2023 at 11:55 PM, Clayton said:

Dating and anime fans... does not compute. 

important role in personality, it is also important to recognize that other factors do have an been.

Mostly that's is very indivual any person

• 2 months later...

Having similar interests with someone your dating is important so I'd like to have someone who's into it or at least is ok with it being around and doesn't mind hanging out and watching shows from time to time even if it's not something they normally would do on their own would be nice.

I don't even use normal dating apps, so I have to be honest, I probably wouldn't use an anime one either lol ~ but for people that do like to use dating apps it might be nice to have something where you already know you have something in common and it would be easy to find someone that you have that in common with I guess. 

• Like 1

I'm of a mind with @Animedragon. I think it's nice if two potential partners happen to share common interests, but speaking from my personal experience, having things in common does not necessarily equal being compatible. My ex and I had a ton of shared interests, and things were great between us for the first few months of that relationship. But, the more we learned about each other personally, the more different we discovered we were from each other, and the more miserable we both became in it. Our core values didn't align at all, and none of those common interests made one bit of difference in the end. So, I'll reiterate Mr. Dragon's point about being cautious about seeking out such relationships based solely on interests.

As for creating an anime-centric dating site... I suspect the results of that would be about the same as it would be on the usual go-to apps (Hinge, Tinder, Bumble, etc.). You might (keyword: might) get lucky if you live in or near a major city, but for most folks like myself that live out in the sticks and have to drive well over an hour away to get to said cities, the pickings tend to be quite slim.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...