AF Mafia

Orius

or it was planted there to supposedly "redirect."

i was thinking it might be a misdirection too, but on the other hand being so obvious could be completely on purpose, so we wouldnt think it has a real meaning.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was thinking it might be a misdirection too, but on the other hand being so obvious could be completely on purpose, so we wouldnt think it has a real meaning.

Yeeees, keep spiraling the truth into oblivion so that you'll never find out its real meaning... Which is it? A misdirection or a genuine clue? lolololol

Yeeees, keep spiraling the truth into oblivion so that you'll never find out its real meaning... Which is it? A misdirection or a genuine clue? lolololol

sometimes i feel like youre a sadist :'(

• Like 1

I prefer to consider it genuine, just to be safe. Perhaps that would be giving in to the bait, but if I'm wrong, then so be it. After all, zin, the other clue points to you.

if anything i think it points away from me? since kirry said

I'VE BEEN FIGURED OUT.

i wouldve just asked them if i could join, killing them would be a silly idea. now that theyre dead, i have no harem to join :S

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

That's just the motive, then, isn't it? You could form your own harem, now.

aw but thats not nearly as fun though! and who would join my harem after ive killed an innocent bystander

Perhaps those who don't know you've done it? Dead men tell no tales.

a good point. but you gotta give me more credit than that, theres no way id use that as a comment after i just brought it up in the thread.

Don't worry, I still suspect zoop over you. Whether you're our villain or not, I'm sure you'll have no qualms about that. And if you really are the one, well then I guess you can just stab me with the scissors next?

dont say that!

then the traitor might kill you and lll be the main suspect

Well then. :o

So either Kirry scrawled zoop's member code onto the wall in a desperate effort to expose her without making it so obvious that it would prompt zoop to clean it off... or.... the traitor just stuck her code on there to frame zoop. Personally, I believe that zoop probably did that. It sounds like something only she would think to do. Unless zin/Wedgy is on par with her. Which I'm going to have to guess at no, because I frankly don't want this to be any more painfully complicated. Just two suspects... please :?

if I were the traitor, why would I discuss my strategy with a person who may or may not be a traitor?

Because it wouldn't make a difference.

If you were the traitor, the person you're talking to can't be the traitor. So if you told them your plan, they can't steal it. Nobody will take your word for it and you'll be safe the second time around if you do something different to what you said you would do. There's no chance of you stitching yourself up after all, unless you have a death wish. There are many people who's vote for you will not change regardless of you revealing your plan because of these two pairs of scenarios that are equally likely:

1a. You are the traitor. You discuss your strategy, and change it to avoid suspicion.

1b. You are the traitor. You discuss your strategy, and stick with it and pretend you must have been framed as a result.

2a. You are innocent. You discuss your potential strategy, and the traitor does something different.

2b. You are innocent. You discuss your potential strategy, and the traitor follows your strategy to frame you.

Because nobody will trust you when you say "It's not me" which of course you would do whether you were or not, then it doesn't make a difference whether you share your 'plan' or not. You are just as likely to be framed as you are to pretend to be framed.

Scenarios 1a and 2a are the same visible outcome to us. It looks the same to us, so we can't tell them apart. And because we can't tell whether you're the traitor or not, then voting for you is guesswork. That's why I'm reluctant to vote for you. It won't make me feel clever and I won't have any fun from winning a game of chance. I'd prefer to have solid evidence against someone, vote for them because of the informed (as opposed to blind) guess, and win as a result. That's proper detective work, and is what makes mafia games fun for me.

I hope this makes sense, I've rewritten this 3 times in different formats xD

No matter how I justify myself, your fixed gazes would just remain at me.

Mine won't. I've decided that if I vote for you, that won't be the reason why. The other things I've previously mentioned leave more significant holes in your defence than that.

I'm torn between you and zoop. It all depends on what I feel like on voting day.

Traitor, you have a very strong defence. Now I intend to compare the behaviours that I think zoop and Sekkarou exhibit and would perform in order to deduce which one of you made the mistake of doing something that only you would do, and not the other. If I can crack the subtle language or behaviour fuck-up, which I sincerely hope is there, then I will vote for the person that made it. You are both equally my prime suspects. If the traitor is neither of you, my reputation, however small, is completely ruined. But I will take the gamble.

Wedgy... zin... if either of you is the traitor, damn you. Damn you and your incredible defence that probably isn't actually all that incredible because I'll use my pitiful excuse that I'm 15, naive and not Sherlock Holmes.

I'd better get thinking, huh?

---

Side note/afterthought... is Cy~ in this game? Omg have I neglected you completely? Oh no... are you the traitor? Am I stupid? Are you and zoop in an alliance? Stop laughing at me!! :o

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

is Cy~ in this game?

Nah, she just felt the urge to chime in just that once on - if I remember correctly? - my posting frequency. So no worries, you're safe from her feminine wiles.

• Like 1

I hope this makes sense, I've rewritten this 3 times in different formats xD

it does make sense dont worry!! in fact its a great example

• Like 1

*suspects @zin still, from the grave*

so all of the sweet talking was a lie? i really cant trust anybody....

im still really curious as to why you suspect me tho :o

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

This is the last big post I intend to make before vote day. It took a very long time to write, so I really hope that it is helpful and/or entertaining. Here goes.

And yes, I refer to 'Nectar' as someone different to 'myself'. I approach 'him' from an outside perspective, and give my honest opinion on the appearance of my own innocence.

@Nectar - Negligible suspect.

I don't really suspect Nectar. I don't think that he, a 15 year old who is completely unfamiliar with mafia games, would go to such extreme lengths to analyse potential traitors if he was in fact a traitor. He's 15, and has a few hobbies, which suggests that (unlike zoop, for example, who is a housewife) he would not have the spare motivation or time to dedicate to *insert plural of analysis* of potential traitors. He would only ever get engrossed enough if he was actually trying to solve a mystery. His writing style is genuine, based immediately off of zoop's, since he trusts and likes her writing style, and it seemed like a reasonable approach to this kind of game. I can tell this because Nectar didn't make any long, detailed deductions until zoop's deductions began to appear. Nectar isn't original, doesn't have the resources to spend on a lie when he would be more likely to just lie low instead if he was the traitor, and he has a limited knowledge due to his age and therefore would probably leave holes in his writing if he was a traitor. Finally, for his defence, he is known to me to be quite socially out of touch with most of the forum's members, suggesting that the message the traitor left about the harem couldn't possibly have been written by Nectar, as he lacks the comedic talent and plasticity to pull it off. He simply wouldn't think of it. However, he does appear to have been sucking up to some members, and he also is very articulate for his age and so could possibly avoid having issues covering up holes. I have a small suspicion of him, but it is very much negligible.

@zin - Very negligible suspect.

I don't really suspect zin. I don't know very much about her, though I know she is quite young. She comes off as a busy person, who spends a lot of time not on the forums but elsewhere. I think that if she was the traitor, it would have been clear to see by now that she was the traitor. For example, her writing style does not reflect the message left by the traitor at all, and I don't think zin left it. At all. I don't think she would think to write such a thing, or in the characteristic style that is known to, or utilised by, my prime suspects. She is an artist, and therefore inherently creative. I think that she is more comfortable with visuals than with writing, and so lacks the incentive or practice to create such an artful disguise. Since I don't know much about zin, and because she hasn't been here long enough to know much about the members here or for me to do any good research, I will assume comfortably that she is not the traitor.

@Wedgy - Reasonable suspect.

I don't know much about Wedgy either. I know that she is articulate. I believe she hasn't been posting here very much because she is a busy woman. I think she is comfortable lying low because it is convenient for her and an acceptable route to take. Her articulacy scares me. I think she could possibly have written the message, and maybe even planted zoop's member code on the wall in Kirry's blood. The only thing I can really say about her is that she could be the traitor, I can't really prove it, and I'm far better at picking apart the next few members in this list than I am at picking apart her. I can't prove you are either a traitor or innocent. That's a bummer. Be free.

@Sekkarou - Suspect.

I always confuse your gender. If you are male, I am genuinely very sorry because I get it wrong all the time and I don't have any hard evidence that I can call up to reassure myself. I'll edit every post to 'he' if I have to.

I don't know Sekkarou, but I have seen plenty of her. I think she likes video games a lot. She is not extremely active. She is witty and makes jokes constantly. She seems very socially inept to me, akin to Kirry in her mannerisms and in what she would think to write. I think the message left by Kirry's body is exactly what she would write. I think that she would think of that in a heatbeat, and it would come very naturally when posed with the question "Do you wish to leave a note?". I think her love of video games would draw her attention away from the forum enough that she would miss flaws in her own work. I think she is a popular suspect because of this. I don't think the common reasons for voting for her are very important though. What does it for me is more the fact of the message left by Kirry's body. As you've read, I use that as evidence a lot, since I think it's the best clue we have. I think either she wrote it, or zoop did. Possibly Wedgy too. Not Nectar and not zin. It could still be either of those two of course, but it's unlikely. Extremely unlikely. I have to have a suspect that is in second place, and Sekkarou has to be it, since realistically it's either zoop or him anyway.

@zoop - Prime suspect.

I'm going to be criticised for buttering her up once more. In my eyes, I'm not at all. I'll be surprised if anybody disagrees with me when I say that zoop is very smart. It's not buttering up, it is a painful fact. zoop has called me out for 'buttering her up'. She has historically directed attention to those who attack her without commenting on their opinion or post. I hope she has something to say about this post at least, it might just make her slice of the pie a few calories lighter, if not grams. You should never talk about the age of a lady, but let's just say she's been here longer than I think I can keep my sanity for on Earth. She is not old by any means, but she is experienced and mature and ew why did I just think of that O_O zoop has the knowledge to be able to pull off exactly what has transpired so far. I am more confident of that fact than any statement I've made in this post. That alone puts her as my prime suspect. There's more to it than that though, which is what puts her ahead of her 'rival suspect', Sekkarou. I forgot to mention before, but zoop, despite being active and there being a lot of suspicion tossed around about her, had not made a post until just now. As a traitor, did she decide to stay away to avoid drawing attention to herself with desperate spewing of defences? Something for voters to consider. It doesn't help her case by any means.

*suspects @zin still, from the grave*

This is interesting. Assuming this is perfectly genuine, this shows me that the blood scrawled on the wall was done by the murderer, not Kirry. This makes zoop even more likely to be the traitor in my eyes, as I think Sekkarou and zoop would both write their own names on the wall.

@Orius is a useful source of evidence. I'll reference one of his quotes:

Mwahahahahaha... Ho boy, you've made a terrible mistake. ESPECIALLY YOU, @zoop! I've warned you! LOLOLOLOL

This is hard to interpret, but I have decided that Orius would only say this with precisely this level of emphasis on zoop if zoop was the traitor. I think it would have beeen very slightly less extreme if she wasn't. I think Orius has used underlying and monumentally subtle sarcasm to wink at zoop. It is too deep and too hard to explain my exact interpretation of his words, but I'll say that his choice of words has knocked zoop a tiny bit further into the 'Prime Suspect' field.

I'm not going to vote right now. My decision is to vote zoop, but I won't until proper 'voting season' rolls around. As you have seen, I'm still listening out for clues to tip the bar. I take them with a pinch of salt, but I hear them and interpret them.

Here is a pie chart of the liklihood of living members being the traitor, in my opinion.

yp5YC_SER1mndDQpxzl0tQ.png.0ced76958fd250a125be1981a00a3cfa.png

I really, really love this game, can you tell? xD

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

This makes zoop even more likely to be the traitor in my eyes, as I think Sekkarou and zoop would both write their own names on the wall.

A brucie-bonus addition to that. It's incredibly important and I just noticed it.

zoop has experience with forum software, and will be familiar with member coding. She is more likely to have thought to use the code than Sekkarou, for this reason. This deduction, whether it's true or not, made my heart race a little :D

• Like 1

This is hard to interpret, but I have decided that Orius would only say this with precisely this level of emphasis on zoop if zoop was the traitor. I think it would have beeen very slightly less extreme if she wasn't. I think Orius has used underlying and monumentally subtle sarcasm to wink at zoop.

Pretty much this.

Vote Zoop

• Funny 2

@zin - Very negligible suspect.

I don't really suspect zin. I don't know very much about her, though I know she is quite young. She comes off as a busy person, who spends a lot of time not on the forums but elsewhere. I think that if she was the traitor, it would have been clear to see by now that she was the traitor.

pffft im glad i come off as young and busy to you, but im three years older than you and very much homebound. thank you for not finding me suspicious though :D

despite being active and there being a lot of suspicion tossed around about her, had not made a post until just now. As a traitor, did she decide to stay away to avoid drawing attention to herself with desperate spewing of defences? Something for voters to consider. It doesn't help her case by any means.

ive noticed this too, she hasnt said anything about 1804 or tried to defend her case in the slightest for this development which is strange to me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Big post arrives that seems all-inclusive.

It suggests zoop is the traitor.

zoop immediately rushes in to ridicule it to make people think less of it.

I mean... 'wink' was a funny word to use and it made me go a little red in embarrassment to read your post but... running in with the only intention of ridiculing my post is, for lack of a better word... suspicious.

• Like 2

so all of the sweet talking was a lie? i really cant trust anybody....

im still really curious as to why you suspect me tho :o

Nah bby, come join me and my special ladies

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

Alright, folks. Real exciting and interesting discussion, I have to admit. :P You've made some great points, and since you've put in so much effort at it, I'll give you a little breadcrumb: @Nectar, you're on the right track.

But just a small reminder: "voting season" is, well, tonight, meaning that the votes are closed in about 9 hours. I haven't seen any votes yet, so if I've missed your vote, please tag me and remind me again. :P Thanks.

I'm thinking of extending the voting period to a week, however, since three days might be a little tight for people to vote. What do you think?