What does everyone think of Dragon Ball Super?

XxSenpapiXx

I did not like the beginning too much (did we really need a rehash of Battle of Gods and Resurrection F?), but I have been liking it ever since the Goku Black arc. It reminds me of what I liked about Z so much.

Please be aware that threads that focus on an entire series, not a particular episode. belong in the Title Discussion forum, not the Episode Discussion one. It's not a big deal, but I will be moving threads placed in the wrong sections for clarity's sake.

Now, I hate to jump into a thread and not talk about the topic at hand so my general opinion of Dragon Ball Super is, it's kind of boring and samey. Dragon Ball as a series started in the 80's and was made into the juggernaut it is in the 90's. The writing of anime of today has changed a lot since then, and I'd very much like it if DB Super would catch up a little bit, because feels outdated in the current climate of anime as a whole. If it felt like the show did when I got and watch clips back or even watch old episodes, I'd be a lot more okay with it, but it doesn't, and that kind of bothers me.

I still haven't watched any of this yet. I keep forgetting about it until it gets mentioned by those I know who watch it. Maybe I'll eventually check it out despite the series being nearly 100 episodes in.

I did like Dragon Ball Z and I liked GT in the beginning, but I still prefer Dragon Ball to both of those series. My problem with GT was that it started off feeling like Dragon Ball and then ended up going the Z route which turned me off from GT along with other issues I can't recall right off. I'm pretty sure that Super will probably end up doing the same thing.

For those who are watching it, what are the pros of Super? I do know of some aspects of it, like there being a God mode now and black Goku or something like that.

Now, I hate to jump into a thread and not talk about the topic at hand so my general opinion of Dragon Ball Super is, it's kind of boring and samey. Dragon Ball as a series started in the 80's and was made into the juggernaut it is in the 90's. The writing of anime of today has changed a lot since then, and I'd very much like it if DB Super would catch up a little bit, because feels outdated in the current climate of anime as a whole. If it felt like the show did when I got and watch clips back or even watch old episodes, I'd be a lot more okay with it, but it doesn't, and that kind of bothers me.
This is an interesting view regarding this series. I guess in the case of DB's formula, Japan is going with the, "If it's not broke, don't fix it" mentality. It's still a popular series and still plastered all over the place in games, toys, reruns of DB, Z, and GT still airing on television to this day, etc.

I'm not sure about how anime is now so much. I don't watch much of anything and haven't in a long time, unless it's something older anyway, so I wouldn't have noticed the changes you have. Do others feel this way regarding shows like Super?

Edited by Guest

Never been a fan of the Dragon Ball series lol. Although having said that I have watched them they're just not my cup of tea. sorry

• Like 1

I grew up on DBZ and skipped Dragonball GT. I tried getting into Dragonball Super, but I just can't. Super Saiyan God is just a color change that looks like it came from Tumblr. Zamasu was disappointing and breaking the movies into episodes felt really lazy. When Future Trunks is able to just move on from the conclusion of his arc I couldn't believe it. I realize Dragonball can be slow, but the buildup to the tournament seemed ridiculous. Not a fan of Zeno either as he seems rather childish and overpowered for his position.

• Like 1

For me still the same thing when I was younger, I still like to see them fighting and using the same cheesy stuff. I'm 40 episodes behind if I'm not mistaken but I'll watch all of them sometime in the future, I just need patience.

• 1 month later...
  • Geano locked this topic