What is your favorite Toonami anime?

seemore_bhutts

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/18/2018 at 10:45 AM, seemore_bhutts said:

I recently started rewatching Deadman Wonderland and it reminded me so much of when I used to stay up late in middle school and watch Toonami.

What is/was your favorite show aired on Toonami?

Somebody recommended this to me the other day, so I finally got around to watching it last night. Six episodes in and I like it. Wouldn't mind the fight scenes being a little longer, but it's not bad. Will definitely finish watching the rest of the season.

8 hours ago, Hatsune_Werewolf said:

I loved watching tenchi and yu yu hakusho, as cowboy bebop code lyoko, but my favourite anime watching on toonami in the afternoons was well...heh...hamtaro...is that ok?

Nothing wrong with that. I might be a little childish in my eyes, but we all have different favorites and titles we like.

13 hours ago, brycec said:

I would say it is a toss up between Rurouni Kenshin and DB/Z. I saw Yu Yu Hakusho on it, but did not get into until it was pretty much over (I got the final episodes on DVD before the aired on tv).

I completely forgot that Rurouni Kenshin was on toonami though I don't watch dubbed very often. Even back then I rare;y did unless I was bored.

11 hours ago, Hatsune_Werewolf said:

I loved watching tenchi and yu yu hakusho, as cowboy bebop code lyoko, but my favourite anime watching on toonami in the afternoons was well...heh...hamtaro...is that ok?

I'd say its fine. You should watch whatever you like without fear of judgement. Its anime, and you like it so I'd say be proud of it. :)

2 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

I completely forgot that Rurouni Kenshin was on toonami though I don't watch dubbed very often. Even back then I rare;y did unless I was bored.

Sadly, or, fortunately, if you know what happened after Shishio, the series never concluded and just went on reruns. I so wish the Kenshin Enishi fight had been animated, yet all we got was a horrible OVA that glossed over the Jinchu arc.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, brycec said:

Sadly, or, fortunately, if you know what happened after Shishio, the series never concluded and just went on reruns. I so wish the Kenshin Enishi fight had been animated, yet all we got was a horrible OVA that glossed over the Jinchu arc.

True true it was a bit annoying. Though this is inductive of so many anime compared to manga which is the saddest part.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, ArchieKun said:

True true it was a bit annoying. Though this is inductive of so many anime compared to manga which is the saddest part.

Pretty much. Around that time, anime went into filler hell, with the exception of Yu Yu Hakusho, and the anime adaptation of Kenshin got killed off because of fillers.

I liked the Christian arc, but everything from there just went downhill, which might have been the reason I do not remember any of the post-Kyoto arc episodes airing on television.

The only thing sadder than not getting the Jinchu arc properly animated though was probably how Nobuhiro's legal troubles ruined him, since nobody is touching the Hokkaido arc now.

Then again, the Jinchu arc finished things off well enough that I felt satisfied with what I got.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, brycec said:

Pretty much. Around that time, anime went into filler hell, with the exception of Yu Yu Hakusho, and the anime adaptation of Kenshin got killed off because of fillers.

I liked the Christian arc, but everything from there just went downhill, which might have been the reason I do not remember any of the post-Kyoto arc episodes airing on television.

The only thing sadder than not getting the Jinchu arc properly animated though was probably how Nobuhiro's legal troubles ruined him, since nobody is touching the Hokkaido arc now.

Then again, the Jinchu arc finished things off well enough that I felt satisfied with what I got.

Yes such was the fate of a lot of 90s, and 2000s anime that aired on Toonami at the time. Though I did do some research after first seeing this topic. Toonami had aired quite a bit of anime that a lot of only hardcore anime fans would pay attention to. Not that begainers, or casual fans could find them of course it just seemed odd since a lot of networks like Adult Swim followed the pattern of if its popular we'll air it. Though Toonami was the odd ball here. I honestly think thats kinda awesome of them.