Assassin's Creed

EnviousEnvy

What are your opinions on the gaming franchise? Will you be getting the newest installment of the series? Do you think the game should of ended? If so which game do you think should of been the last? Where do you think the story is going to lead us now? Share your thoughts!

I haven't played an Assass game since Black Flag. I've been burned out of the franchise for the past few years.

That being said, Odyssey looks pretty neato. I love the aesthetic of Greece and the characters look interesting from what I've seen. I also saw how the combat and gameplay has been revamped which entices me to an extent.

I can't say I'll be buying the upcoming game, but I'm at the very least interested in it.

2 hours ago, EnviousEnvy said:

What are your opinions on the gaming franchise? Will you be getting the newest installment of the series? Do you think the game should of ended? If so which game do you think should of been the last? Where do you think the story is going to lead us now? Share your thoughts!

@Decimo pretty much said it,

I haven't played an Assass game since Black Flag. I've been burned out of the franchise for the past few years.

is pretty much what i would also say,

nonetheless, the first AC (altair) was very fun for me, which i played on the xbox360, and then ezio's story/arc was 10/10 for me, edward kenway was a fun character to play as, (i had fun with the sailing around/sea battle's) but after which the other game's before IV that i didn't list was boring for me, and the further games after IV, i did not bother playing due to it being, "eh"-tier

i feel the game should have ended when

a certain protagonist died, that i wont state name, but you all know who im talking about

but overall, i heard the new game's released on AC are fun, haven't tried it yet, but from what i saw, it has the RPG-vibe in it, which mean's it probably lost its AC-vibe, and added the RPG-vibe ?

idk really since i haven't played the latest's~

53 minutes ago, XII360 said:

@Decimo pretty much said it,

is pretty much what i would also say,

nonetheless, the first AC (altair) was very fun for me, which i played on the xbox360, and then ezio's story/arc was 10/10 for me, edward kenway was a fun character to play as, (i had fun with the sailing around/sea battle's) but after which the other game's before IV that i didn't list was boring for me, and the further games after IV, i did not bother playing due to it being, "eh"-tier

i feel the game should have ended when

Hide contents

a certain protagonist died, that i wont state name, but you all know who im talking about

but overall, i heard the new game's released on AC are fun, haven't tried it yet, but from what i saw, it has the RPG-vibe in it, which mean's it probably lost its AC-vibe, and added the RPG-vibe ?

idk really since i haven't played the latest's~

Not sure about the newest AC coming out but I played most of Origins and it would of been a lot better if it weren't for the fact that certain guards are 30 levels higher than you no matter how much you level up and so when they are in the same district as you, you have to either

A.) Hide from them

B.) Predict when they will be in the same district/town and avoid that area until they are gone.

It annoyed me to no end which kind of killed Origins for me.

I've played every AC until Unity, but missed out on every installment after. think they devs should give the franchise a rest - a lot what they did in the newer games (from what I've seen. I don't know a lot about the story) could be done in a new franchise without assassins and templars, and all that. Just have a games with historical settings, I think the latest games could even be considered light RPGs which kinda doesn't have a lot with the previous games in common.

But I definitely enjoyed the games I played, even if they derailed a bit from the original concept of the series.

I played up to black flag and lost interest in the franchise. But from what I heard they are going to start spacing it out to 2 years now instead of releasing every year, which could be good for the franchise.

I have only ever played the first game in the series, but I have seen the following 3 in the form of a lets play. I like the series, but I wouldn't say its my favorite or anything. As far as where it is going I have head a few things, and I think like a lot of the long running game franchises its become modernized. In other words very different then when it first started. As for if thats a bad thing, or not that is up to the person playing. For me I honestly don't care enough for the series to have a genuine opinion on where the series will go in terms of story. Though it should be interesting.

Tbh I was kind of done with the story when they killed off Y'know... :( I think the games series should have ended back when it was still good, loved all the games up until Origins, and now Odyssey, they look stupid. If they would just continue on and stay realistic I would be fine with that but I think they pump out to many games, the quality of which is never improved much from its predecessor and yea, the games are very good but they are not improving and therefore I see no reason to get any of the newer ones. I will probably get Syndicate and that's it (Maybe unity). 

Edited by SAO LILDOOP