Thoughts on Vaping

Greeneyes

I'll just stick to the once-in-a-while pipe or cigar. I've never been interested in vaping, personally. Overall, they smell better than cigarettes do. 🤢 I'll give 'em that, at least.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My school has a huge vaping problem, especially in the bathrooms. To the point that volunteers and school management stands outside... And whenever I have to use the handicapped stall, I dread it because it smells overwhelmingly sweet, and mixed with the usual smell of a highschool bathroom it makes it e x t r e m e l y unpleasant to use the restroom.

On 2/2/2024 at 5:50 PM, viruxx said:

Overall, they smell better than cigarettes do. 🤢 I'll give 'em that, at least.

Sometimes they'll hit weed pens, and there was even a time where the boy's bathroom was closed because some boys hotboxed it. I'll just say that the entire hallway smelled like weed for the rest of the day...

Personally, I don't vape because I take medication. Although, I do have friends who do, so I don't really mind it. The only time I do is when its in the bathroom because of the horrendous combined smell.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, froggy said:

Sometimes they'll hit weed pens, and there was even a time where the boy's bathroom was closed because some boys hotboxed it. I'll just say that the entire hallway smelled like weed for the rest of the day...

Drugs were never a problem when I was at school because the supply chains didn't reach down to school student levels and drugs were usually something only done by rock stars. Smoking was an issue, but no one smoked on school premises, those that took the risk usually ended up having their parents summoned to school and sometimes also the police who wanted to know where cigarettes came from and if a shop had sold them to a student the shopkeeper would be in trouble.

Personally, I've never smoked, I can't stand the smell of them so I'm really glad it's now illegal in the UK to smoke on public transport and in any public buildings or shops.

12 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Drugs were never a problem when I was at school because the supply chains didn't reach down to school student levels and drugs were usually something only done by rock stars. Smoking was an issue, but no one smoked on school premises, those that took the risk usually ended up having their parents summoned to school and sometimes also the police who wanted to know where cigarettes came from and if a shop had sold them to a student the shopkeeper would be in trouble.

Nowadays its kinda crazy with the internet and all. My sister's ex-boyfriend used to sell vape pens from his locker (without the cartridges) in eighth grade because he just bought them online. And when I was in sixth grade or around that time was when JUUL's were introduced. Then all of a sudden kids I grew up with started using the bathrooms too much, and getting suspended for hitting their JUUL behind the school. Now it feels like every single person I know has done at least a little bit of drugs, vapes, smokes, and/or steals alcohol, and I'm a bit tired of being shamed and excluded for not wanting to do it with them. I wish that the school policewoman could actually enforce the rules about it so I can use the restroom in peace, but its too big of a problem for one person to solve.

33 minutes ago, froggy said:

Now it feels like every single person I know has done at least a little bit of drugs, vapes, smokes, and/or steals alcohol, and I'm a bit tired of being shamed and excluded for not wanting to do it with them.

Stick to your principles and don't just follow what everyone else does because doing so won't make you any true friends and it will get you into trouble and possibly even harm your health. Many years ago a young friend of mine got mixed up with a group from his school that were into glue sniffing and solvent abuse, it nearly killed him and his so-called "mates" thought it funny.

Having the courage to stand apart from others in your class because you don't want to just follow the crowd and doing things you know are wrong is hard, I know this from personal experience, but stick with it and you'll gain valuable resilience for when you go out into the world of work.

• Optimistic 1

19 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Stick to your principles and don't just follow what everyone else does because doing so won't make you any true friends and it will get you into trouble and possibly even harm your health.

I'll remember this, that I think in the longterm its not worth it. Thank you for the encouragement. Really, I hope that I can become closer to the people around me that are kind. So I'll try my best to stick through high school and have some fun while I'm at it. Safe fun I mean. 😼

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I do vape. I understand that some people are very skeptical about vaping and think this is stupid. But for me, vaping is a less harmer alternative to smoking. I have been smoking cigarettes for the past seven years, and because of the disposable cigarette I have purchased from an online store, I was able to quit ordinary cigarettes. I am thrilled with this.

I remember thinking I responded to this topic but obviously not. 

I have a pretty strong opinion when it comes to all things vaping, smoking, alcohol consumption and drugs.

Maybe it's partly to do with religious views but even so I feel like without the inclusion of faith I would hold the same values and belief as I've just always been this way but anyway yes, I think vaping is pretty silly. I honestly feel like I'm most cases it's done the opposite of what it was made to do.

I never saw that many teens smoking cigarettes while I was in school but as soon as vapes became mainstream absolutely everyone from the ages of 12 to 18 was puffing on the silly little highlighter in my local town.

And on the note of peer pressure. Addiction can start at any point and I've never known anyone to say they're glad they gave into peer pressure and started. Stick to your gut and moral values.

I have never given much thought of it since I am not a smoker and none of my friends or family vape either. 
The smell I don't like anymore than cigarettes' it upsets my nose somehow. However if they help people who are addicted to cigarettes' to stop smoking then that is a good thing as long as they don't become dependant on vaping at this point. 

• Like 1