Lelouch

Gaming chat

I feel if they continue with this trend E3 will eventually will be a thing of the past for this reason if Xbox and PlayStation decide to host their own events annually e3 will just have to stick with Nintendo switch ad far as marketing their products and games let's just wait and see what happens 

This what I'm paying when It comes out 

• Like 1

in my opinion E3 would have been more interesting if Sony showed up I have nothing against Nintendo switch but come on ppl are interested in xbox and PS 4 games really hopefully Sony hosts their own event soon 

This might be the most interesting conversation to come out of E3.  For me anyway.  A conversation about game and gaming between Todd Howard (Fallout, Elder Scrolls developer/producer at Bethesda Game Studios) and Elon Musk.

Looking at GPU prices & comparing AMD's new "NAVI" (RX5700 series) and Radeon VII to the Nvidia offerings.  Gotta say, I'm not too impressed with either company's lineup.  At 7nm I was expecting a lot more from Navi, but it clearly didn't deliver.  At $700 a Radeon VII is right up there in ludicrous territory with the 2080 too, price wise.  I mean, get real.  That's simply ridiculous.  I would NEVER spend that much for a GPU!  Even the RTX 2060/RX5700 level of ~$370 is at the extreme limit of what I'd pay for a GFX card.  It is like we've reached the limits of performance per dollar and the only question is how much money you can afford to spend.  :(

Seems like a $150-200 for an old RX 580 or a GTX 1665 is a MUCH better value proposition, at least if you haven't bought into the 4k UHD and/or 120FPS gaming nonsense.  Heck, compared to a RX580 or a GTX 1665 even my so-old-it-is-discontinued 8GB RX480 isn't looking too bad.  It still works plenty fine for my existing games for one thing.  Sure I could get better performance if I upgraded, but upgrade to what, and at what cost?  I'm getting a passmark score of ~8100 where I am.  At a benchmark of 8900 I doubt I'd even notice a difference between my RX480 and a "modern" RX580.  I'd simply be throwing away ~$180.  ~$350 for a RTX 2060 (assuming you can find it at that price) would lose me 2GB of RAM and still not even come close to doubling the performance.  $700(!) for a Radeon VII or a 2080 would finally (barely) get me to twice the benchmark score of my 4-yo, 14nm process card.. at almost 4x the price and twice the heat/power dissipation!  Just doesn't seem worth it, even with the architecture changes. 

I'm not even going to waste time thinking about the 2080ti.  That's just the "for people with far more money than sense" option.  :)

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 12:01 PM, Lelouch said:

in my opinion E3 would have been more interesting if Sony showed up I have nothing against Nintendo switch but come on ppl are interested in xbox and PS 4 games really hopefully Sony hosts their own event soon 

Well Nintendo has a lot more then Microsoft coming out, since pretty much they have a lot of exclusives. Everything so far on xbox can be played on PC, or PS4. 

Edited by Serge heartless

True nothing against Nintendo switch they doing their thing  just saying would've been nice to see more form  sony 

I've been playing on Stardew Valley a lot recently. Taking a break from it going to try and get back into Fortnite. Haven't played it since my PS4 broke so trying it on PC for the first time. Hope my computer can handle it 

Well it looks like I'm never going to buy a xbox, after they want to get rid of free speech. Even though you can just mute people on a mic, or just block them. I don't need companies or anyone telling me what I can and can't say. As much as you think you can control people, you really can't. People will just move to PC, PS4, or Switch. Its just like the COD and Doom haters, which is why I'm going to buy these games. 

Regardless all the gamers just want a great console awesome games with great quality graphics we'll see what the next gen consoles bring to the table 

• Agree 1

On 6/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, Lelouch said:

Regardless all the gamers just want a great console awesome games with great quality graphics we'll see what the next gen consoles bring to the table 

More new consoles with more controlling what you can and can't say, and more and more censorship? Im glad Nintendo isn't going this route. 

Agreed tho Nintendo has usually targeted younger kids would be nice to see both xbox and PlayStation go that route but because they target teens and adults it's hard to say if they ever will.... 

The games I am most looking forward to playing are Gears 5 and Borderlands 3. I am also considering checking out Wolfenstein Young Blood.

Modern warfare multiplayer dropped today if what I've seen it looks good I haven't played any of the past marden warfare gsmes friends have told me they are good games other  that I'm  considering buy it what are your thoughts on the matter?! 

On 7/12/2019 at 9:05 PM, Lelouch said:

Agreed tho Nintendo has usually targeted younger kids would be nice to see both xbox and PlayStation go that route but because they target teens and adults it's hard to say if they ever will.... 

you mean when Sony had Jak and Daxter, Sly cooper, and ratchet and clank? Ya they tried, but most kids didn't care I guess. They rather play fortnite and Minecraft. 

Sony also tried with spyro and crash bandicoot.  Its just kids now a days are just not as good as video games as they used to be.  And xbox gave up after Blinx failed. When people think of xbox they think of Master Chief. 

Looks like Sony isn't going to E3 this year either..

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/01/on-eve-of-ps5-sony-confirms-it-will-skip-e3-for-second-year-in-a-row/

Oh!  Steampunk and VR??  HDR??  Shut up and take my money!

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/9/21058056/panasonic-vr-glasses-hdr-hands-on-ces-2020

"Panasonic is unlikely to ever sell these glasses as a consumer product."

Damn..

If you're into city-builder games then 2020 looks like your year...

https://youtu.be/mlZvQXJ8g_s

Two of my faves are getting an update.. The Settlers and KSP2.  I might be in trouble, time-wise.

What are your guys thoughts on the next gen consoles coming out? 

3 minutes ago, Lelouch said:

What are your guys thoughts on the next gen consoles coming out? 

Solid pass.  Until they make me get a new console to get a new game I want - I won't be moving on them.  Not a single ounce of technology in there that I can't already get elsewhere with better quality.

I think the PS5 seems quite decent, especially because of the backwards compatibility. I wonder how many more console generations there will be, however. I'd expect them to run the games from a server in the future and just stream them. Maybe I'm just oversimplifying things though and games in the future will be too big to be streamed in any way.