Things people think about the place you live that aren't true

Yuuki_Radosian

We all know things about places outside of where we live and make judgement's on those places based off of what little we know of them.

Well lets fix some of those false views and help others better understand the places we come from.

I myself am from South Africa , to be more specific I am from Durban ; Kwazulu-Natal ; South Africa.

A lot of people assume that we have wild animals all over the place , to a certain degree that is true as even on the coastline and not too far from the city we still have monkeys and stray cats (as most places have) running around.

Our biggest struggle at the moment is our government being as corrupt as it is (much like the rest of the world) the only difference between our corrupt politicians and the rest of the worlds is that ours don't hide their corruption well .

If you have any questions about South Africa , Durban or myself please don't hesitate to ask as I will gladly answer :P

Singapore

• No, it's not that clean. We still see litter and cockroaches in places.
  • No, it's not fun. It's boring. I know that's subjective and all, but by comparison, Singapore is a miniature version of American entertainment. The theme parks are mediocre and the shops are unimpressive. We rarely get red-carpet movie premiers around here, where you get to see celebrities and stuff. Even Seoul, an Asian country, had an 'Age of Ultron' red carpet event. Want to watch Netflix? Tough luck. It's not available in Singapore. Everything's limited to a small-scale version of what is cool and fun.
  • Yes, it's pretty safe, but only because of the authoritarian regime the government holds over the people. Okay, a little overdramatic, I admit, but it's still pretty strict around these parts. There's little room for 'freedom' and 'human rights' here when kids are allowed to be punished with corporal discipline like caning and the such.
  • Like all countries, the people living here would love to advertise their homeland as some kind of paradise nirvana to foreign nations for the sake of building foreign relations and attracting tourism. All countries except America, which ironically has began to admit that America isn't the greatest country in the world anymore... and yet, Singapore still holds that notion of pride in mind like a bunch of nationalist elitists. Singapore has problems like any first-world country, if only the people would admit it.
  • No, we are not yellow-skinned. It's a disease called jaundice, nothing to joke about. No, we are not all squinty-eyed and have small penises. I saw some seriously bugged-eye Asians around here and they aren't any better than squinty-eyed ones, and some of us have (and are) huge dicks as well.
  • It's not "ching chong ming ting long," it's "ching cho meng teng long".

[quote=

Our biggest struggle at the moment is our government being as corrupt as it is (much like the rest of the world) the only difference between our corrupt politicians and the rest of the worlds is that ours don't hide their corruption well .

I believe many countries are suffering from that. I mean it can't be prevented.

A lot of people assume that we have wild animals all over the place ,

Come back to school and ull see how right those people are...

People tend to think my area of the US are ignorant because they always find somebody with the thickest accent possible for television. We may be rednecks but we're not stupid.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, we both love guns and border another country; the difference is here stuff freezes instead of melting on the sidewalk, and our population is tiny. I've heard from some that we love guns even more than Texas does too, whether or not that's true I have no idea~

Welp, we both love guns and border another country; the difference is here stuff freezes instead of melting on the sidewalk, and our population is tiny. I've heard from some that we love guns even more than Texas does too, whether or not that's true I have no idea~

Ah I see. (y)

• 4 months later...

-That Indonesia is an islamic state, when its not.

-And no, we are not primitive :3.

-This is minor but, most of us dont really speak Indonesian inside the country, we speaks regional languages instead.

Edited by Guest

• 8 months later...

If you're a fan of country music, you would know that Nashville, Tennessee is the heart city of all country music. It's a place where the majority, if not all country music is made. You can find any country music star you can think of living in some part of Tennessee. But many tourists have the wrong idea about Tennessee.

- NO, we do not all have country accents. In fact, 90% of the people I know don't even have country accents. Some of the country singers don't even have accents! Sometimes they fake it!

- NO, the majority of us do not say weird little things like "You're sweeter than a Georgia Peach!" No! That's something that maybe my grandmother would say but I can't even recall a time she's said anything like that.

- NO, we all do not wear cowboy boots and hats. I have only seen 3 people in my entire school life wear cowboy boots.

- Nooo, we do not all like country music. We like all types of music just like anybody else. The only reason I know a lot of country songs is because at my job, country music is all they play.

- Nooo, not everybody can play a guitar and sing! Although there are many street performers, and wanna-be celebrities, we don't all want to be singers.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to go with Cincinnati, Ohio, because it's where I was born and raised for 23 years.

People say Ohio is one of the worst states in the US...

...No. It's not. It's THE worst.

Believe everything and anything you hear.

It's most likely true.

I live in a small town in england known as bournemouth and it's known as a holiday place for its nice beach but i dont find the beach all that nice and people say the british have bad teeth which i dont think is true considering i get free dental care like most my friends