-
Posts
2,151 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
98
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by Seshi
-
Writing Mute Characters & My Recent RP Adventure
Seshi commented on Seshi's blog entry in Amusing Musings
Thanks for the suggestions, I’ll see about doing that -
Before she gets to the top of the stairs Sofia sends out a group text to Kagi, Marsh & the twins: “you guys!! Cultural festival coming up “ then resides herself to entering the classroom. Busy checking her phone for messages before taking the top step, she bumps into somebody because her eyes were somewhere else...
-
Then again pooping out the sock may prove to be punishment enough
-
-
Did you know that imitation vanilla flavor comes from the anal gland of a beaver? Be careful to buy pure vanilla extract
-
I hope you get back to your interactive story as I was enjoying the development there, sane with feathers & steel really, the characters were interesting and I loved the world too, more so than the interactive story because it's just a fledgling really. Good luck on your novel That sounds Interesting, care to give an example of one?
-
Hey guys, what are some random aweful group names you've heard of, that make you think "what made them pick this name"? A few come to mind for me: "Limp Bizkit"- Sounds like you got something that you cure with a little blue pill.. "Hoobastank" - Need I say more? This ones too easy to make fun of. "Korn"
-
In case anyone was coming here hoping to find useful information, turn around, I am not an expert in this subject matter, just thoughtful insights here. If you're looking for someone else's perspective on this subject, well hello! You've come to the right place. I wanted to share my thoughts on mute characters in writing, because until recently I hadn't even considered the possibility of a mute character in a story, or even in life for that matter. Not that I'm consciously noninclusive, it's just that I can only recall one instance where there was a mute person I've been exposed to, and it was in a movie that I watched. She was a very beautifully done character with loads of personality and a huge impact on the story, and it was because she went through this huge change, overcoming her struggle with trusting, and being afraid to the point of not speaking, that the story was so beautiful. However, she only did this because of the help of the other characters in this movie. These characters were also given the heroic honor to notice this young character and help her life change for the better when they could have easily left her alone and chosen to ignore her entirely. She was mute, she wasn't a squeaky wheel asking for attention, yet they chose to take the time to get to know her and to help her, and this made their characters better too. The point: mute characters take more effort, but they can be worth it. Since starting the RP "The Harmony of our Hearts" with @Nova who requested that there be a mute character, I have been concerned that I may have bit off a bit more than I could chew. I was thinking, how on earth will I be able to role play this character, when she can't speak.. What will her contribution even be? I'll admit, its been pretty tough to pull this off, and I hope I'm doing okay, and not creating a character that no one wants to be around... But the thing is, if mute characters take effort, then the other characters in the story will just have to take the time to understand and help my character to truly flourish again. The premise behind her being mute is pretty rough, but basically it was from an accident that she witnessed or perhaps somehow feels to blame for. At the same time, her best friend Kagura is unhealthy, and is prone to getting injured, being around her makes her remember this accident. So i'm hoping that I can eventually rebuild this characters strength and overcome the anxiety and the fear underlying her condition. Communicating with these characters in the story has been challenging, mostly I will be doing facial expressions, body language, and as I recently mentioned in the story, texting other characters. I don't want to add telepathy, because I feel like this story isn't going to include these types of abilities. It's more of a love story, so perhaps Sofias desire for the love interest, or even his future involvement with her will help her to heal and we can see a massive change in the character as the story reaches a climax. Anyway, I hope you've gotten something out of this, or considered mute characters for one of your future stories. Let me know in the comments if you've got any creative ideas for Sofia to be interacting with her friends in this RP.. I'll give you the link below. Looking forward to it. -Seshi
-
We have an interesting amount of topics in this section already, but I've been wondering, what does everyone like writing about? Do you like creating characters? History? Worlds? What drives you to write? Do you have a favorite topic that sparks your imagination and you can just write for days? I'm curious.
-
And then there was volleyball Serving the ball and shouting “Jump Floata” like in Haikyuu
-
I hope your visit goes well. I’m sorry you’re still missing work I’m just sleepy keep reheating my coffee and getting distracted, so it ends up cold anyone else?
-
Welcome to Anime Forums, @NekoTopia I hope your YouTube channel is a success In the meantime, pop in and join some of our discussions, you’re more than welcome.
-
Glad you’re back Asuna
-
I first watched anime when I was a youngin, maybe 5yo? Back when we went to the video store to rent movies, and could record movies on a vhs. just ignore that if you don’t know what I mean. I think my first anime was Dragon Ball. Then when I got older I was obsessed with DBZ, around age 8-10, along with Sailor moon. I remember sketching Goku through tracing paper a lot, and cosplaying sailor moon with neighborhood friends. Pokémon & Digimon were also really important. I watched anime with my brother. Growing up, he was always the one finding new interesting media. I was outside most of the time, so if it wasn’t for him I probably wouldn’t have watched anime, even in high school he found lots of great shows that weren’t mainstream I really learned a lot from him.
-
What anime is better when you watch it with others?
Seshi replied to Seshi's topic in Anime Discussion
Ohh 1 star anime huh. I’ve never even looked for those you know any titles off hand? -
There are obviously some anime that you don’t want to share with others.. maybe the guilty pleasure Anime that you don’t want people to know you watch, or the ones you don’t think everyone else will be interested in.. maybe they are too normal, like SOL anime, or maybe too weird O-o I have to believe that the weird ones are actually a little more fun to watch with others. I’ve seen some posts around here and there talking about what anime you’d recommend to someone who isn’t into anime, or what a first timer should watch.. Well I’d recommend something cute, or something silly, or even just something weird. I think it doesn’t have to be the GOAT. It just has to be different and interesting. After all, they can form their own preferences once they see that they are interested in this very unique and interesting medium. So far... I’ve watched Helpful Fox Senko San with my mom (who usually scoffs and walks out of the room saying oh you’re watching anime). And good for her, she knows what anime is But last night we actually watched a couple of these cute and weird episodes of Helpful fox, and I gotta say I enjoyed them a lot more with company. The silliness enabled me to make jokes during the show and we were able to laugh together over the weird pervy moments, instead of just watching it feeling slightly weird for watching something so weird hahaha. What do you guys think? What anime do you enjoy more with others? If you haven’t actually tried sharing anime with anyone in your family or with your normie friends, I’d encourage you to give it a shot, they might just enjoy it, and make your time watching anime that much more enjoyable.
-
-
Hey there, I’m not sure what sub genres you’re interested in or anything, but I really enjoyed the recently aired “The Rising of the Shield Hero”, it’s about a group of people from different dimensions who get summoned to a magical world as heroes, and the series plays out like a video game. You can get it dubbed or subbed, I liked both. Also enjoying the currently airing “Demon slayer” it’s only in subs right now though.
-
@Asuna Yuki Saturday wouldn’t work for you? Here is the time zone map for the time zones we have picked and the overlapping times we could make work. If we don’t agree on these times, then we will just break up the groups into 2 showings And we need to pick a movie still This is a timeline proposed for Saturday, so that staying up late wouldn’t impact work. Is everyone okay with the range of times there? Anyone work Saturdays and need to pick a different day?
-
Friendly reminder today is movie day.
-
I totally agree, being awkward is a common occurrence for me... The thing is, my friends still think I’m cool, and are far more forgiving than I would have thought.
-
I hope you find a tribe soon
Anime Forums
A unique community of fans from around the world, who gather to share their fandom and love of anime, manga, gaming, fanart and at the cornerstone of it all, Japanese culture!
Take a moment to join us today and you'll have access to our member clubs and events too. Come join in the fun and become a part of our community.