Collection

NightDancer

As the title says it's about a collection, to be more specific yours! What do you collect and why? What made you into it etc. ^^

I collect a quite a few things but they all have something in common, which is Japan.

- Maneki Neko's aka Lucky Cat

- Geisha dolls or china's

- Anime or game related plushies.

For the rest if it's Japanese I always want it, my room is filled up with Japanese stuff. My house decoration will be in the Japanese style. Not much at the beginning but my boyfriend and I are planning to have a Japanese styled house later on =)

Lindsay, you seriously need to consider a rice cooker. A Japanese home isn't complete without one!

What I have been collecting (a dozen of the things don't count as collecting on my book, Like I don't count myself as a Zippo collector when I have 10 of these lighters), are die cast model/toy cars. The brands I buy from are Tomica and Hot Wheels.

I didn't do a proper count but I probably have 200 over Hot Wheels in my collection. Whereas I might have 50 over Tomica pieces since I started collected them in the late '00s; all my counts are under-guesstimates.

I have a few things in my collection:

• Appleseed 1:6 figures
  • Hatsune Miku figure
  • Penguin plushies
  • Baby Panda plushie
  • Digimon Frontier DVDs, D-Tector cards, art book (which naturally built up over the years as TDFN grew!)
  • Europe souvenirs from my recent trip

My collection is inspired by things that left a memorable impression. My Appleseed 1:6 figures for example, I liked the characters very much so I bought the whole set! My KLM Boeing 777-300 model and Swarovski Red Tulip crystal I bought after my trip because I really enjoyed KLM's in-flight service and my time in the Netherlands.

Europe souvenirs I tried to get unique things that are not found in every tourist shop, such as genuine Lithuanian amber.

I should take photos. :)

• 2 years later...

I tend to collect black things. Everything in my room is black. Even the color of the walls. And what I find it very interesting is that I stick glow stuffs on the walls and on the ceilings which makes it very pretty to look at at night. :P

I tend to collect black things. Everything in my room is black. Even the color of the walls. And what I find it very interesting is that I stick glow stuffs on the walls and on the ceilings which makes it very pretty to look at at night. :P

Oh that is sweet! Granted if I had a room with glowy stuff I'd end up waking up in the middle of the night, think I'm being abducted by aliens, and start shooting my own house up by accident... but I'd still love having a room like that to be honest. Mine's just boring xD

Anyways, I collect guns, sort of. They're expensive so I only have six at the moment, but at some point I would love to get a few old guns like from WW2.

Oh that is sweet! Granted if I had a room with glowy stuff I'd end up waking up in the middle of the night, think I'm being abducted by aliens, and start shooting my own house up by accident... but I'd still love having a room like that to be honest. Mine's just boring xD

Remind me to never let you visit my room, Nii-sama. It would be the end of it. =___=

Anyways, I collect guns, sort of. They're expensive o I only have six at the moment, but at some point I would love to get a few old guns like from WW2.

My uncle also have a great liking to guns as well.

Remind me to never let you visit my room, Nii-sama. It would be the end of it. =___=

My uncle also have a great liking to guns as well.

Aw c'mon, it'd be fiiiiine, I only have a few hundred rounds of ammo on me so it'd be repairable!

Your uncle has good taste~ Maybe... depends on the guns xD

Aw c'mon, it'd be fiiiiine, I only have a few hundred rounds of ammo on me so it'd be repairable!

Your uncle has good taste~ Maybe... depends on the guns xD

Yeah, and my room would be left in shreds. It'll be just fine right? =___=

*sigh* I never get to have any fun unless it doesn't involve shooting someones room up.

You can blow up your room, Nii-sama.

Note:

The thread is derailed.

Back on topic:

I also collected Stones before. Freaky isn't it.

Hm... lets see, I'm not much of a collector, as I've never really saw the point. If it doesn't have to be physical objects though, I like to collect anime and touhou fanart. Right now, my favorite character to collect fanart of is Sanae Kochiya (the person who is my avatar right now).

I collect dragon statuettes. I have everything from a dragon hourglass to dragon wind-chimes to a dragon that one of my ancestors brought back from Japan.

I love dragons.

I don't remember how I got started collecting them.