SerpentGod

Anyone here into rollerblading

Considering this forum leans towards art and media, and not so much sports, I still want to ask; do any of you here rollerblade/inline skate? The hobby seems to be dying these days. I remember growing up in the 90's, there were plenty of people in the city doing it. Kids, teens, and adults all. Now, I believe I'm probably the only person in my small town that still does it, and even still its been a while.

Is it dead, or do I still have fellow inline skaters here on the forum? Cheers in advance for anyone who does.

If its relevant to know, I skate on Powerslide Phuzion Argons. I replaced the stock frames with 4x80mm frames.

I mean i used to roller blades, i had a simple one (image is kind of what mine looked like)

But it was then lost when we moved out

And i used to go outside with it, since it was cool, no one around us really did rollerblades though so i was alone on that part >.>

Currently, i have yet to ever see any stores sell rollerblades, seems its phased out in country i live at

not that id have time to go outside and play like i used too anyway

Screenshot_20191228-033233_Shopee.jpg

Sorry, closest I ever came was skateboarding.  (Back when it was a skate attached to a board.)  The area where I live is pretty hilly too, which makes things like skateboards that you can easily take off or dismount and carry uphill a better option.  That was long ago too.  These days I don't dare go near things like that!  :D

black-knight-skateboard.jpg.4d566307366bf9487ce1648a26bb0756.jpg

2 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Sorry, closest I ever came was skateboarding.  (Back when it was a skate attached to a board.)  The area where I live is pretty hilly too, which makes things like skateboards that you can easily take off or dismount and carry uphill a better option.  That was long ago too.  These days I don't dare go near things like that!  :D

black-knight-skateboard.jpg.4d566307366bf9487ce1648a26bb0756.jpg

I remember my skateboard! My brother was the rollerblader. We used to do it a lot, sometimes we would bike, too. Grab some change and try to out-trick one another in a race to the convenience store a few blocks away. We'd usually buy an ice cream or something easy to hold, then ride back as slowly as we could. ☺️ Thanks for the memory! 

Edited by Wedgy
  • Like 1

I used to think it was the coolest thing when I was younger! The last time I rollerbladed was probably 20 years ago, however. I do still have fond memories of it, though~

From what I can tell, all the activity seems to be in Europe; there's hardly any events pertaining to rollerblading here in the U.S and there is nothing here where I live. Not even in the big city. I kinda wish it would make a comeback.