Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It

Ryuji

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It

Image result for Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita"

It is widely believed that science can provide rational explanations for the countless phenomena of our universe. However, there are many aspects of our existence that science has not yet found a solution to and cannot decipher with numbers. The most notorious of these is the concept of love. While it may seem impossible to apply scientific theory to such an intricate and complex emotion, a daring pair of quick-witted Saitama University scientists aim to take on the challenge.

One day the bold and beautiful Ayame Himuro outwardly declares that she is in love with Shinya Yukimura, her fellow logical and level-headed scientist. Acknowledging his own lack of experience with romance, Yukimura questions what factors constitute love in the first place and whether he is in love with Himuro or not. Both clueless in the dealings of love, the pair begin to conduct detailed experiments on one another to test the human characteristics that indicate love and discern whether they demonstrate these traits towards each other.

As Himuro and Yukimura begin their intimate analysis, can the two scientists successfully apply scientific theory, with the help of their friends, to quantify the feelings they express for one another?

Anime of the season right here. Every episode so far has been filled with cuteness and comedy and I JUST FREAKING LOVE IT!!

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Enjoying this one myself. So funny that their feelings are so obvious but but both insist on having a rational basis for their relationship. It’s not possible to be more tragically un-romantic than Yukimura-kun, but he still manages to say just the right thing to make Himuro swoon. And loli senpai’s constantly playing mind games with her lab mates is a riot.

Edited by Ohiotaku

27 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Enjoying this one myself. So funny that their feelings are so obvious but but both insist on having a rational basis for their relationship. It’s not possible to be more tragically un-romantic than Yukimura-kun, but he still manages to say just the right thing to make Himuro swoon. And loli senpai’s constantly playing mind games with her lab mates is a riot.

My favorite part is in ep 2 when Yukimura-kun questions how Himuro's hair moves xD I love her hair moving!

• Agree 1

For me:

Funniest moment so far

the experiment where Kanade is supposed to feed Yukimura (“Say ahh...”), but Himuro keeps chomping it

Most romantic moment so far

Yukimura going off on that guy who was trying to flirt with Himuro

Next week is supposed to introduce the effects of alcohol into the equation ... can’t wait 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

For me:

Funniest moment so far

Hide contents

the experiment where Kanade is supposed to feed Yukimura (“Say ahh...”), but Himuro keeps chomping it

Most romantic moment so far

Hide contents

Yukimura going off on that guy who was trying to flirt with Himuro

Next week is supposed to introduce the effects of alcohol into the equation ... can’t wait 😂

I'm liking this one too.  Only seen 2 episodes so far though.  I'll probably do my usual end-of-season binge.

For the trivial pursuit fans out there...

I just realized.  That computer in the background behind Yukimura's head?  The desktop looks a lot like Canonical's Unity desktop that came with Ubuntu's linux (among others) up until ca. 16.04.  Ubuntu installs > 16 have switched to gnome by default, but Unity was my desktop for several years before they made the change so it was pretty obvious what the animators were basing their desktop on once I noticed.

Compare...

730833111_Screenshotfrom2020-02-0319-45-58.png.2b3570f556188660cadfe58696f3101e.png

to..

spacer.png

(latter from wikipedia )

The background wallpaper is a different color, but if you look at the icons in the dock down the left side of the screen they bear a strong resemblance to your typical gnome user's dock.  Especially the"swirly" (dash launcher) icon in the upper left corner of the screen is a giveaway.  Even now Ubuntu is still using that 3-lobed circle thingy prominently in their logo.  The other icons look very much like (now) LibreOffice's icons for their suite of spreadsheet, text editor, drawing, and presentation programs that also typically get installed by default on Ubuntu linux.

Sorry, I just had to mention this once I noticed.  Carry on... :) 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Episode 7 - A drinking game where you have to recite prime numbers ... I’d have trouble with that while sober :P Also funny seeing what kind of drunk the various characters are. 2nd half was Himuro offering retellings of different fairytales with herself & Yukimura as the romantic leads.  @efaardvark Think you’ll appreciate her conclusion to Princess Kaguya .

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

Episode 7 - A drinking game where you have to recite prime numbers ... I’d have trouble with that while sober :P Also funny seeing what kind of drunk the various characters are. 2nd half was Himuro offering retellings of different fairytales with herself & Yukimura as the romantic leads.  @efaardvark Think you’ll appreciate her conclusion to Princess Kaguya .

I, er, may have played that game.  Well, not the reciting bit.  The rules were/are that you take turns calling out the next higher prime number from the last call.  If your number is not prime or you miss a prime in the sequence - and someone calls you on it - then you 🥃.  If you call someone's number not-prime and it turns out it actually is prime then you 🥃.  Aids like paper or phones or computers are not allowed except for figuring to settle disputes.  Winner is the last one standing, or the person with the last correct prime when the booze runs out.  I don't remember who won, but I think we made it to 5 digits.  :D     

I still haven't watched past ep 2.  Sounds like I have some stuff to look forward to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 4:16 PM, Black Lotus said:

I love the main couple but I really want to see more of Ibarada and Kosuke!

They’ve gotten a good bit of screen time the past couple weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I will honestly say I didn't expect much from this one but it quick;y turned into my favorite anime this season. I love the characters. I love the comedy. It looks great as well. I ship both couples and I love Kanade-chan too. I hope she also finds her true love!

• Like 1

Just finished the last episode. While it didn’t offer full closure, it was still a satisfactory conclusion. A very cute & funny series. One of my favorites from the season & one of my overall favorite romcoms (8/10)

I've seen the first few episodes but I put it off so I could binge the rest.  It is on my hot-list so I'll probably get back to it soon.  What I saw looked like a lot of fun.

• Like 1

I'm so glad I saw this thread. This anime looks really interesting. I would have never checked it out before.

Just one question, is it more humor trying to figure out love, or is it going to bring me down to gut wrenching tears what is love? I could really go for the humorous one right now haha

The animation looks pretty from pics too.

@Nyxnine

definitely the humor 🤣

spacer.png

There’s a bit more drama in the last couple episodes, which actually feels kinda contrived, But the ending is never in any doubt.

Edited by Ohiotaku

• 7 months later...

Looks like it’s getting a 2nd season

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-10-17/science-fell-in-love-so-i-tried-to-prove-it-anime-gets-2nd-season/.165317

While I’m not sure it really needs one, it’s one of my favorite romcoms & one of the better anime of 2020, so I’m definitely checking it out 😁

spacer.png

(though sensei’s manservice in the one promo pic is a bit much  😅 )

spacer.png

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Looks like it’s getting a 2nd season

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-10-17/science-fell-in-love-so-i-tried-to-prove-it-anime-gets-2nd-season/.165317

While I’m not sure it really needs one, it’s one of my favorite romcoms & one of the better anime of 2020, so I’m definitely checking it out 😁

I saw that too.  Yay!   :) 👍