What are the worst anime you've watched?

MediaConsumesMe

I won't to know the bad, the truly detestable and down right awful anime you guys have seen in the span of you're anime fandom. Hold nothing back, I can take it and so can the Forums (I think). 

My choice would be Cipher and MD Geist. Both were really, really bad. Geist was beyond amazing in terms of its break neck speed, zero character development and the dub was beyond laughable it on times boarder on actually being a little sad. As for the story, it was as if Terminator, Mad Max and Conan the Barbarian had some kind of Love Child. As for Cipher, well its perhaps one of the most infamous bad anime out there, its somehow happens to be more plotless than MD Geist and even more comically bad. With it's bizarre brother on brother love, to its lose of eighties pop songs. When you reach a point in an anime, where the characters literally break out in an AMV to footloose you know you've found something truly special. Plus its dub, which was done in English even for the Japanese release, makes Geist look down right Shakespearian. So those are the worst two anime I have ever sat through.  

• Like 1

Both of those are classic bad anime. I have personally seen and can attest to the S*****ness of Cipher and MG Geist. However I have a few of my own I can add to the list.

First a little anime OVA called "The Humanoid"
A terrible dub, non-existed plot that still manages to be some how generic, lazy character dialogue and overall uninteresting 

spacer.png

Second a anime movie called "A Wind Named Amnesia"
A painfully meandering film that's thinks its way smarter for its own good. Characters that are all stupid beyond belief, a plotline that literal goes no way and after setting up a premise just mindlessly abandoned it in the final act and to add insult to injury is just boring. 

Lastly another anime movie called "Grey Digital Target" 
This one has no direction, events threats and new obstacles at random, poor use of characters, generic setting and lastly to add insult to injury ends on a bloody cliff-hanger when the story could have been easily finished without it.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Have to make a mention of Haruhi Suzimiya’s Endless Eight arc here. The characters get caught in a Groundhog Day style time loop where they have to repeat the same 2 week period 15,527 times. The anime devotes 8 entire full length episodes to the same scenes & dialogue with most of the variances being things like the camera angle or what a character is wearing or what is in the background. The exception being the closing moments of the eighth repetition which explains the reason for it & breaks the cycle. It also goes a long ways in explaining why I consider it to be the most overly pretentious anime I’ve ever watched.

As far as just awful animation/writing/dialogue I would have to say Ex-Arm & Tesla Note.

Edited by Ohayotaku

4 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

Have to make a mention of Haruhi Suzimiya’s Endless Eight arc here. The characters get caught in a Groundhog Day style time loop where they have to repeat the same 2 week period 15,527 times. The anime devotes 8 entire full length episodes to the same scenes & dialogue with most of the variances being things like the camera angle or what a character is wearing or what is in the background. The exception being the closing moments of the eighth repetition which explains the reason for it & breaks the cycle. It also goes a long ways in explaining why I consider it to be the most overly pretentious anime I’ve ever watched.

I actually got into it a bit after a few episodes and made a game out of trying to spot the differences.  But 8 episodes was too much.  By that point I was SO done with it.

That said, the rest of the Haruhi saga is still a favorite.

8 hours ago, Ohayotaku said:

As far as just awful animation/writing/dialogue I would have to say Ex-Arm & Tesla Note.

I've only heard and seen a few clips of Ex-Arm, it looks pretty awful as Anime goes. Not heard of Tesla Note, it sounds like a Death Note rip off. As for Endless Eight I don't see why they didn't just reduce it to three episodes, and just expand the first and last story arc, that likely would have been the better decision. 

Neither did they... It was an unfinished anime that was spliced together so they could put it on the shelf for sale... Also I understand that we have an innate desire to correct things that we see as in correct... However, in this particular case, the way I posted it was correct...Sailer is the correct spelling... another sign that this anime should be avoided like the plague.

Lmao XD

38 minutes ago, Otaking66lives said:

Neither did they... It was an unfinished anime that was spliced together so they could put it on the shelf for sale... Also I understand that we have an innate desire to correct things that we see as in correct... However, in this particular case, the way I posted it was correct...Sailer is the correct spelling... another sign that this anime should be avoided like the plague.

Lmao XD

Oh wow they actually misspelt the title. That's impressive actually, that no one caught it before it hit selves. Either that or they really didn't care.

9 minutes ago, Kreideprinz said:

I had heard Dark Cat was terrible and, well, it is! xD 

Vampire Holmes, Mad Bull 34 (jn a funny way) and more recently, High-Rise Invasion.

I never heard of most of those, but Vampire Holmes especially sounds bad. Like a third graders attempt to combine mystery and vampires. 

1 hour ago, Kreideprinz said:

You have to watch clips of Mad Bull 34 for the shitz at least. xD 

I remember seeing a trailer for that title on a Dominion: Tank Police vhs tape.

more specifically a scene with a pair of hand grenades (actual) hanging between the MCs legs 

🤣

Netflix...Tsk Tsk Tsk..Netflix has some great animes, but I have come across 1 that has just...blown my mind with how terrible the plot line is, and how terrible the overall anime is. It's called "Back Street Girls". Now, if you have watched this, you might think it's good...or not, but me, no, this anime was just terrible. I honestly didn't like it. Reasons? 

1. Bad Animation

2. Terrible Plot

3. No Consistency

But I will say I enjoyed the comedic effect it had on me. It was funny, but overall not too good. 

On 12/21/2021 at 8:07 PM, deaaath said:

Netflix...Tsk Tsk Tsk..Netflix has some great animes, but I have come across 1 that has just...blown my mind with how terrible the plot line is, and how terrible the overall anime is. It's called "Back Street Girls". Now, if you have watched this, you might think it's good...or not, but me, no, this anime was just terrible. I honestly didn't like it. Reasons? 

1. Bad Animation

2. Terrible Plot

3. No Consistency

But I will say I enjoyed the comedic effect it had on me. It was funny, but overall not too good. 

Only Netflix anime I saw was somthing called knights of 'something' (forgot the name), but it was this mecha anime all in CGI. I never got past the second episode. 

On 12/21/2021 at 3:07 PM, deaaath said:

1. Bad Animation

2. Terrible Plot

3. No Consistency

Way of the House Husband is along the same lines.

8 minutes ago, MediaConsumesMe said:

Only Netflix anime I saw was somthing called knights of 'something' (forgot the name), but it was this mecha anime all in CGI. I never got past the second episode. 

Probably Knights of the Zodiac. That one got a lot of hate because the original series (Saint Seiya) is apparently very nostalgic for a lot of people. I don’t believe I ‘ve ever seen any of it though (if I did, I don’t remember it). 
As far as Netflix exclusives, the most promising one for me was Dorohedoro, though it desperately needs a continuation. So of course, one hasn’t been announced 😂 

21 minutes ago, Ohayotaku said:

Probably Knights of the Zodiac. That one got a lot of hate because the original series (Saint Seiya) is apparently very nostalgic for a lot of people. I don’t believe I ‘ve ever seen any of it though (if I did, I don’t remember it). 

Knights of the Zodiac and mecha? :)

It was probably Knights of Sidonia.

1 hour ago, Ohayotaku said:

Turns out it was a show called knights of sidonia

1 hour ago, Ohayotaku said:

As far as Netflix exclusives, the most promising one for me was Dorohedoro, though it desperately needs a continuation. So of course, one hasn’t been announced 😂 

That's the thing about platforms like Netflix's, they often undermine themselves. Look at the cancellation of the Conan the Barbarian show, that was a promising looking show but Amazon cancelled it in favour of something else, can't remember what. Or when Disney fired a bunch of people at the end of Mandalorian Season 2 and canned a spin off, when that what the fans were celebrating. It like these networks don't use brains. 

2 hours ago, Myrick said:

Mars of Destruction would be my choice. The anime was so confusing I got lost from episode 1. I just wanted to challenge myself and watch the worst anime known. It was a mistake.

Mars of Destruction is notoriously bad. If you want another go on Youtube and watch Cypher you will be massively disappointed and amused all at the same time

• 3 weeks later...

I watched an anime called "in another world with my smartphone" and my god, was it awful. It starts out like many isekai where the ML dies (accidentally by god's hand) and gets reincarnated into a magical world with OP stats. God grants him one request and he asks to keep his smartphone. It's fun at first because he's teaching people all sorts of new things, but it quickly turns harem with no more focus on adventure and learning new skills and no more conflicts. Everything is handed to him on a silver spoon and eventually, god basically tells him that "monogamy isn't common here, so have your way with all of them!" and he gains like 5 wives. No plot, zero character development, and incredibly unnecessary cat fight scenes over some lame dude who can't make up his mind. I did finish it, but regretted literally every moment from the start. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1