Chit Chat Thread

Nebulous

8 hours ago, Sakura said:

This week feels extremely boring idk why

My week started that way. Then I got an e-mail asking me to produce a programme for an event at my church, now I have just two weeks to create a 12 page programme, from supplied text and photos, and get it approved and sent to the printers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sakura said:

GIANT HEART PEOPLE WRECKED MY WEDDING

I'll marry you today and we don't have to worry about the Valentine bosses this time. 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

23 hours ago, viruxx said:

Hopefully it wasn't this wrecked. 🤣

No thank God lolll 

On 2/6/2024 at 11:34 PM, Wild Emotion said:

Did they actually have weapons or did they, like, turn everything they touched into more hearts?

Yeah it was boss monsters lol 

19 hours ago, Animedragon said:

My week started that way. Then I got an e-mail asking me to produce a programme for an event at my church, now I have just two weeks to create a 12 page programme, from supplied text and photos, and get it approved and sent to the printers.

Oh geez, that doesn't sound like a very long time to get all that done at all, will you be able to finish it?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, Sakura said:

Oh geez, that doesn't sound like a very long time to get all that done at all, will you be able to finish it?

Once I get the text and pictures I should be OK, the real problem with such projects is how many changes and edits the organiser wants after I've sent them the first draft.  It's changes and edits that take the time because they can mess up the layout.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

16 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Once I get the text and pictures I should be OK, the real problem with such projects is how many changes and edits the organiser wants after I've sent them the first draft.  It's changes and edits that take the time because they can mess up the layout.

This is exactly why I no longer do things like make graphics or do projects like that for other people lol All the changes would drive me crazy and it was turning a hobby into something I hated. 

@Sasuke wooOOO and it was actually decent with the car parade lol

Edited by Sakura
  • Friendly 1

10 hours ago, Sasuke said:

No monsters wrecked the wedding this time. Success. 

Wait, what do you mean this time? Are the weddings supposed to be wrecked in PW? o.0 Or can that just happen sometimes during those wedding ceremonies?

7 hours ago, Sakura said:

This is exactly why I no longer do things like make graphics or do projects like that for other people lol All the changes would drive me crazy and it was turning a hobby into something I hated. 

I no longer offer my, limited, DTP skills I wait to be asked and then decide if I'll accept the job.  I'm retired so I do it as a sort of hobby and it's something I enjoy doing, but the seemingly endless changes some people were making was driving me crazy, especially when there was a fixed date for when the job had to be sent to the printers.

14 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

Wait, what do you mean this time? Are the weddings supposed to be wrecked in PW? o.0 Or can that just happen sometimes during those wedding ceremonies?

No, there aren't typically boss monsters that appear in the city. However, with certain holiday quests such as this, they do every couple of hours but have no aggro and don't attack.

13 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I no longer offer my, limited, DTP skills I wait to be asked and then decide if I'll accept the job.  I'm retired so I do it as a sort of hobby and it's something I enjoy doing, but the seemingly endless changes some people were making was driving me crazy, especially when there was a fixed date for when the job had to be sent to the printers.

I get asked for jobs/commissions quite often on DeviantArt but I just can't find it in me to do them anymore. I enjoy it up to the point where people start making lots of changes and then get angry when it takes longer because they keep drawing out changes lol 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, Sasuke said:

No, there aren't typically boss monsters that appear in the city. However, with certain holiday quests such as this, they do every couple of hours but have no aggro and don't attack.

Ohh, ok. Sounds like it was fun to be husband and wife taking those things down, watching each other's backs. ^^ @Sakura knows this because I mentioned it to her, but in the games I played at some point where a male and female player could marry each other I never married anyone in those games for a few reasons. One was I never talked to or knew anybody on any of the games that were like that. ^^; That, and I just never really wanted to. It would've made things easier because of the benefits of doing that with another player, but I just did my own thing and liked to pass the time by farming and grinding. I know some gamers find that to be monotonous sometimes, but since I've got nothing to do but play games and I've got an unusual amount of patience for doing things in games like that I just like to take my time with the progress. ^^ Congrats again though on the wedding ceremony, you two~ ^^

10 hours ago, Sakura said:

I get asked for jobs/commissions quite often on DeviantArt but I just can't find it in me to do them anymore. I enjoy it up to the point where people start making lots of changes and then get angry when it takes longer because they keep drawing out changes lol 

People just don't understand how long it takes to make even small changes and quite often a change affects another part of the work which then needs amendment.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Animedragon said:

People just don't understand how long it takes to make even small changes and quite often a change affects another part of the work which then needs amendment.

Yes! Lol ~ then you have to scrap it all and start over, and there has been times I've done things and they've changed so much that they ended up wanting the exact same thing they started with -_-

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Sakura said:

Yes! Lol ~ then you have to scrap it all and start over, and there has been times I've done things and they've changed so much that they ended up wanting the exact same thing they started with -_-

We had that happen a couple of times at work. We charged them for the job plus the all the extra time we spent on it. 🙂

2 hours ago, Animedragon said:

We had that happen a couple of times at work. We charged them for the job plus the all the extra time we spent on it. 🙂

I should have done that, but since I just do commissions I didn't, but I've learned my lesson after working with some people lol But these days I only do projects I want to do for my friends or myself, by things I'm inspired by which makes it much more enjoyable and relaxing now.

• Agree 1

On 2/10/2024 at 2:47 AM, Wild Emotion said:

Ohh, ok. Sounds like it was fun to be husband and wife taking those things down, watching each other's backs. ^^ @Sakura knows this because I mentioned it to her, but in the games I played at some point where a male and female player could marry each other I never married anyone in those games for a few reasons. One was I never talked to or knew anybody on any of the games that were like that. ^^; That, and I just never really wanted to. It would've made things easier because of the benefits of doing that with another player, but I just did my own thing and liked to pass the time by farming and grinding. I know some gamers find that to be monotonous sometimes, but since I've got nothing to do but play games and I've got an unusual amount of patience for doing things in games like that I just like to take my time with the progress. ^^ Congrats again though on the wedding ceremony, you two~ ^^

I wouldn't necessarily say that. She just sits around and watches me solo the bosses for our quests. 🙄