Anime Watchalong Club

mechaBD

I am starting a club to see if anyone is interested in doing AF anime watchalongs.

Basically a watchalong is a chat room for all of us to watch a series episode or a movie together and discuss as we watch. This is not an easy thing to plan because of timing. People have different work schedules, are in different time zones, school etc. But if we can pull of a set time for everyone it can be very fun. :)

I personally don't have anyone to really watch anime with so the couple of times I have done this in the past I have had a blast. Anyone interested?

Members interested:

FSL29

Edited by Guest

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I prefer watching in quiet and dark place when watching an anime.

But I would like to atleast try it and see how it goes, I think it would be better if its a voice chat, no? shoutbox seems though because well not a lot of people want to bother typing when they're watching. Or is that what were you planning from the beginning? if it is, then I am in.

Personally, I prefer watching in quiet and dark place when watching an anime.

But I would like to atleast try it and see how it goes, I think it would be better if its a voice chat, no? shoutbox seems though because well not a lot of people want to bother typing when they're watching. Or is that what were you planning from the beginning? if it is, then I am in.

Voice chat is the easiest because it's easier to follow along while watching a sub. But that can all be up for a debate. I am more or less trying to see if anyone is interested first and we can vote on when, what and how we wanna watch after. :)

Voice chat is the easiest because it's easier to follow along while watching a sub. But that can all be up for a debate. I am more or less trying to see if anyone is interested first and we can vote on when, what and how we wanna watch after. :)

I see, well I'm fine with it.

• Like 1

You know, I had this idea a while back, but no one seemed interested at the time. It would actually be kinda cool if there was some plugin for the site for it though. I know Anime Inspirations seems to have something like that and they are on Xenforo; @Optic, do you know of any plugin like that for Xenforo?

Anyway, I would probably be interested in joining. Not so sure how I feel about voice chat though.

• Like 1

You know, I had this idea a while back, but no one seemed interested at the time. It would actually be kinda cool if there was some plugin for the site for it though. I know Anime Inspirations seems to have something like that and they are on Xenforo; @Optic, do you know of any plugin like that for Xenforo?

Anyway, I would probably be interested in joining. Not so sure how I feel about voice chat though.

That would be awesome if it was part of the site. I have never seen that before but it could be a super cool feature.

Edited by Guest

I was thinking we could use discord, but oh well using it directly from the site sounds good.

Actually I was thinking of using something like Discord or Rabb.it.

I am all for just using text chat if people don't wan't wanna use voice chat. It doesn't matter to me. :)

Actually I was thinking of using something like Discord or Rabb.it.

I am all for just using text chat if people don't wan't wanna use voice chat. It doesn't matter to me. :)

I dont know about Rabb.it but Discord is really good imo, I used it for gaming and so far it has been working fine. Well, but I dont think we are going to use the voice chat anyway xD.

Edited by Guest

This seems like it could be fun :P count me in xD , though I don't see why we cant use both voice and text chat , that way you can use whatever is easier or more comfortable for you.

Also ... you have to make sure everyone has the same series / movie otherwise things could get confusing @_@

This seems like it could be fun :P count me in xD , though I don't see why we cant use both voice and text chat , that way you can use whatever is easier or more comfortable for you.

Well it would be better if everyone does the same thing, no? I prefer it that way.

Also ... you have to make sure everyone has the same series / movie otherwise things could get confusing @_@

Well, ofcourse we will, I mean thats the point of this xD, we should make a vote, maybe an ongoing series? or maybe Boku no pico?

Well it would be better if everyone does the same thing, no? I prefer it that way.

True but then I have to say I don't think text would be a good way to communicate , it would distract you from the anime when you type and when you read others messages no?

Though I also realize that some people prefer to not talk and that everyone talking while you try to watch an anime does get annoying.

Well, ofcourse we will, I mean thats the point of this xD, we should make a vote, maybe an ongoing series?

I mean as in same version (eng sub / eng dub [plz no dub :'(])

True but then I have to say I don't think text would be a good way to communicate , it would distract you from the anime when you type and when you read others messages no?

Though I also realize that some people prefer to not talk and that everyone talking while you try to watch an anime does get annoying.

Well this is why we will need answer from all the parties involved and their opinion on it aswell.

I mean as in same version (eng sub / eng dub [plz no dub :'(])

I doubt we will watch dub, but if the time comes... I guess it will just happen xD.

On the offnote, congratulations for your 1000th post yuuki, I will give you some of my amazing osu replays later as a gift :P.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I'm going to be honest, I kinda agree with FSL on this one. I've tried gaming with people and didn't have a mic, and using text when everyone else was speaking kinda ruined the experience.

Also, I'm not really against either idea, but I will be honest, I don't talk a lot out loud. :P And overall, I think text chat would probably have less issues (bad mics that cause static, people who don't talk loud enough, etc.) So if we are just picking one method, text chat would probably be best (at least for starting out).

Ok it seems like we have enough people interested. We can go with text only I don't mind. That is what most people want so we should roll with that.

What is everyone availability? Lets try to work out a time frame and then we can figure out what to watch and what to use to stream and chat. I'm available anytime after 8pm EST during the week and I can be flexible on the weekends. I can be free to watch of couple of episodes of something or a movie.

I dont know about Rabb.it but Discord is really good imo, I used it for gaming and so far it has been working fine. Well, but I dont think we are going to use the voice chat anyway xD.

Can you stream video on Discord in a chat FSL? I don't remember I only used it once. @_@

What is everyone availability? Lets try to work out a time frame and then we can figure out what to watch and what to use to stream and chat. I'm available anytime after 8pm EST during the week and I can be flexible on the weekends. I can be free to watch of couple of episodes of something or a movie.

That's pretty much my availability, but I can't do Mondays.

Yep, I am. :)

Ok well that makes it easy so far. :)

I'm trying to make a note with the times. The hardest part is getting everyone together at once. I know we have members from other countries as well.

I'm trying to make a note with the times. The hardest part is getting everyone together at once. I know we have members from other countries as well.

With me anytime after 6 PM (SAST) is fine and I also can't do Mondays.

Here's a link to check my current time (to see how it is in relation to anyone else's)

Current local time in Durban, South Africa

Edited by Guest

Can you stream video on Discord in a chat FSL? I don't remember I only used it once. @_@

Hmm, I will have to check that the feature avaibility one more time, because I forgot aswell.

I'm in GMT +9/UTC +9, EST is basically UTC -5.

I'm free at night in my time, like after 9pm, will be free from the afternoon on fridays.

8pm during weekdays, means around 10am here, I have a morning class xD.

• Geano locked this topic