Whats your job?

Tomochan

Today id like to figure out if anime watchers are indeed more intelligent than the average population, or if they follow the bell curve. My own personal theory is that if you watch anime your like a man in the sense of your earnings. Men typically have a really high IQ or a really low IQ, were as women have a more equal distribution of intelligence over their population. But im no scientist or whatever so I might be wrong

Basically what im trying to get at, is that if you watch anime you are likely to be making 0-20k a year or 80-100k a year. As we all know, anime watchers are very intelligent, but they also tend to be neet losers that don't go outside. But the ones that can surpass their neethood, probably end up being massively rich and successful

...either that or anime watchers are just like normal people

1 hour ago, Key Visual said:

Electrical Technician work on anything from electrical systems to motors. Debugging, setting up radio and cellular networks, panel wiring, computer support and setup. Wide range due to the field I work. Here is a sampling of jobs I've been on for some insider views :)

damn bro i was so right. Anime watchers are really smart! Tell me a ton more about ur cool job!

tell me the pros and cons and all of that other stuff =3

i work as a dishwasher part time because im pretty much a NEET

W 1090.png

Mine's in the "about me" section of my profile.  I've also posted my job/career info here in the forum a couple/few times the topic has come up.  Laziness being one of the 3 programmer virtues I'm not going to repeat that typing here except to say I'm a NASA-badged data systems engineer with a 40 year career in space flight operations behind me.

Since I can't work due to hearing voices, my extremely horrible memory, my ASD, and the possibility that I might also be a paranoid schizophrenic as I've learned recently, I can't work. So, I'm just one of the losers of the world I guess. I don't have any income, but getting disability is something that we plan on getting for me. So, I don't have a job because I can't work, not because I don't want to. I'm just unable to. I just thought this would be an important perspective to share. Not everyone has the luxury (yes, it's a luxury to make money) of working or being able to for that matter.

Edited by Wild Emotion

i dont want to sound heartless but thats literally my dream. Not the being mentally ill part, the not working part. I plan on one day tricking a physiologist into getting me on government assistance. Ill pretend to transition (im not trans, just a femboy) to make the lie more believable and ill tell her that i was raped and that im autistic and depressed (the last two things are technically kinda true). Hopefully thatll give me more time to do fun and productive things

I also have interests in traditional jobs but thats just one idea that i have

W123.png.c3c60e70fb440098ea0f170e6da326ff.png

7 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

Not everyone has the luxury (yes, it's a luxury to make money) of working or being able to for that matter.

This is so true. Over the years I've worked with several people who hated their jobs and wished they didn't have to work, I tried to convince them that they should be grateful that they were fit and able enough to to have a job, but they weren't having any of it.  I've also known people who would just love to have a job, any job, but like you their personal circumstances made it impossible.

2 hours ago, Tomochan said:

I plan on one day tricking a physiologist into getting me on government assistance.

Please don't try this. Please just, don't.

I once knew someone who did actually did this and managed to convince the authorities to give them all sorts of assistance, like free accommodation and an monthly allowance. The trouble was that in convincing the authorities they also convinced themselves and ended up on a downward spiral from which there was no way out.  They were never really happy and sadly they died young.

• Friendly 1

3 hours ago, Tomochan said:

i dont want to sound heartless but thats literally my dream. Not the being mentally ill part, the not working part. I plan on one day tricking a physiologist into getting me on government assistance. Ill pretend to transition (im not trans, just a femboy) to make the lie more believable and ill tell her that i was raped and that im autistic and depressed (the last two things are technically kinda true). Hopefully thatll give me more time to do fun and productive things

I also have interests in traditional jobs but thats just one idea that i have

W123.png.c3c60e70fb440098ea0f170e6da326ff.png

It's ok, I do understand the other side of the fence and not wanting to work, but you really shouldn't lie to get government assistance. Usually that ends up getting people into trouble, and I don't want them coming down on you or anything like that. So, just be honest about your problems and maybe you'll be lucky enough to get assistance from them. They turn down a major percentage of the applications, so don't be too surprised if that happens, it's just the norm. But, I get why you wouldn't want to work. Working, while not something everyone is capable of, does sound like a bummer. I wouldn't have as much free time as I do, but I also wish (a lot of things) that I could work so I could help support my family instead of just leeching off of them. Mom says I'm not, but it doesn't change the fact that I still feel like I am. So, maybe I'm not, but it feels horrible to not provide financial support for your family when they do all the work.

13 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

This is so true. Over the years I've worked with several people who hated their jobs and wished they didn't have to work, I tried to convince them that they should be grateful that they were fit and able enough to to have a job, but they weren't having any of it.  I've also known people who would just love to have a job, any job, but like you their personal circumstances made it impossible.

I'm glad that you agree. I didn't really think anyone would.

I just want to emphasize that my post wasn't meant to ruffle any feathers or anything, I'm not one to make waves. I just thought it'd be an important view to add, one from the perspective of someone who can't work but wish I could.

• Like 1

ye but the opposite could also be true. Someone could definitely be happy being a freeloader. And i honestly see being a freeloader as a morally neutral thing. It could actually be positive. like did i fricking ask to be born? of course not. And people expect me to generate wealth for them. so why not gain the system? My personal philosophy is to take everything for yourself because nobody is going to look after you. you gotta do whatever it takes to live your dream

i even heard that getting on benefits is even easier in European countries

22 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

I once knew someone who did actually did this and managed to convince the authorities to give them all sorts of assistance, like free accommodation and an monthly allowance. The trouble was that in convincing the authorities they also convinced themselves and ended up on a downward spiral from which there was no way out.  They were never really happy and sadly they died young.

skill issue

no but really, i think i could pull it off. I think his downward spire could be because of a number of reasons. Maybe he finally looked at himself with a critical eye and realized something he didnt want to. You would think going to therapy would make his mental state better. Well, dont listen to me i have no idea what happened. Maybe it was the sudden change. People in retirement get depressed more common than you would think. But i would be an idiot to pass up free monni

its just something i gotta do. then maybe id get a normal job. In our current soyciety, what is there to work for? The only things that matter are food, energy, peace, and anime. Stuff like that. who cares about being a dishwasher. or coding for my boss that was a chad in highschool and just got his job because of a mediocre degree and massive amounts of charisma. what you guys need to understand is that success is determined AT your birth. Sure there are exceptions but no rule can be perfect 100% of the time. im not just talking about socio-economic status, much more goes into it. Did you know like 90% of ceos are males over 6 foot and they all have a disproportionate facial width to hietgh ratio? Or what about intelligence and upbringing? Some people can really win the jackpot in life. And genetic cloning is on the horizon. Soon people with enough money will just be able to decide how succesfull their baby will be in life. Even if the USA bans that stuff, do you really think a multimillionaire family wont go offshore to do that weird stuff

My point being, we live in an unfair society, so you gotta play by unfair rules sometimes. Thats why i dont mind being a leech. instead of working for my boss, he gonna work for be baybeeeee >:0. He will litterally PAY for me to watch anime all day

concessionaire and partime graphic artist but now back to gaming because im bored again! Im no workaholic but I worked alot and gained many experiences since 16yrs old, now im mid 30's im still in mint condition. I want any owned business  maybe later after 2yrs, i still have a current mission while playing😉

5 hours ago, Tomochan said:

i decided over the past couple of days that im going to become the best >:3

That's a good thing to strive to become.  When I was working I set out to learn as much as I could about the job and all its aspects and I never turned down the opportunity to go on a training course.  While I wouldn't say that I became the best I did have a good reputation and my knowledge was recognised by both my bosses and customers. And as a sort of by-product I found that taking an active interest in my job made it a lot more enjoyable to do.