How are you feeling right now?

Kiriness

Excited, because I'm still able to go to Chicago next week. Was able to make some calls and get the backup needed to help hold down the restaurant while I'm away. Almost thought I wouldn't get to go. 😭

23 hours ago, viruxx said:

Excited, because I'm still able to go to Chicago next week. Was able to make some calls and get the backup needed to help hold down the restaurant while I'm away. Almost thought I wouldn't get to go. 😭

You going to be there Monday for the eclipse?  Chicago is not quite in the path of totality but at ~95% and a 2pm maximum it's close enough for a decent viewing experience.  Weather permitting of course.

16 hours ago, efaardvark said:

You going to be there Monday for the eclipse?  Chicago is not quite in the path of totality but at ~95% and a 2pm maximum it's close enough for a decent viewing experience.  Weather permitting of course.

Nah, I’m going a little later in the week. I didn’t get any glasses to look at the eclipse, but the sunlight here in NC had darkened a bit for a couple of hours in the afternoon. It’s pretty much gone back to normal now, though. 

Feeling pretty tired. Stayed up late on my phone on a school night. Luckily, I don't have work today, but still I can't focus on any of my school work right now. 

I feel okay recently. Being on vacation has helped me think about a lot of things I needed to think about in life. 

• Friendly 1

I feel hopeful. Last night I had a hard time sleeping. But it made me think about how far I've come. Even last year, when I stayed up too late or made a simple mistake I used to be super hard on myself about it. Its crazy how much things can change in such a short time as a teenager. I'm excited to become an adult and work on believing in myself even more. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, froggy said:

I feel hopeful. Last night I had a hard time sleeping. But it made me think about how far I've come. Even last year, when I stayed up too late or made a simple mistake I used to be super hard on myself about it. Its crazy how much things can change in such a short time as a teenager. I'm excited to become an adult and work on believing in myself even more. 

At the same time, you probably should enjoy being a teenager while you can. I only say so because some adults want to feel like a kid again. I know I wish I still was a kid, even though I still feel like one. ^^;

Feeling super overwhelmed but always just trying to stay positive!

1 hour ago, Emotion Flux said:

At the same time, you probably should enjoy being a teenager while you can. I only say so because some adults want to feel like a kid again. I know I wish I still was a kid, even though I still feel like one. ^^;

That is so true lol since becoming an adult I just constantly find myself looking to relive the nostalgia of being a teenager 🤭  But I still act like a kid and you are only as old as you feel I guess ~ 

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

9 hours ago, Sakura said:

That is so true lol since becoming an adult I just constantly find myself looking to relive the nostalgia of being a teenager 🤭  But I still act like a kid and you are only as old as you feel I guess ~ 

The transition from "teenager" to "adult" can be difficult. People suddenly have expectations of different behaviours and attitudes from you.

So just take comfort from this wonderful quote from C.S.Lewis:

“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Animedragon said:

The transition from "teenager" to "adult" can be difficult. People suddenly have expectations of different behaviours and attitudes from you.

So just take comfort from this wonderful quote from C.S.Lewis:

“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

That's true. I feel like people in my life have always had adult expectations of me, even as a child, I never got to be a child. I was always told not to act that way or do such-and-such thing when I would get hyper/excited or just wanted to play. Then when I got in my teenager years if I did anything that wasn't just sitting down and not moving I got my favorite line of "You are almost 14, 15, 16 (whatever age I was closest too next) years old you need to act right". I feel like that took away a lot of my childhood and I could really only be a teenager / kid when outside with my friends or with friends online. So as an adult I am doing all the things I wanted to do as a child and couldn't 🤭

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

That's true. I feel like people in my life have always had adult expectations of me, even as a child, I never got to be a child. I was always told not to act that way or do such-and-such thing when I would get hyper/excited or just wanted to play. Then when I got in my teenager years if I did anything that wasn't just sitting down and not moving I got my favorite line of "You are almost 14, 15, 16 (whatever age I was closest too next) years old you need to act right". I feel like that took away a lot of my childhood and I could really only be a teenager / kid when outside with my friends or with friends online. So as an adult I am doing all the things I wanted to do as a child and couldn't 🤭

Physically, I'm 37, but mentally, I probably am more like 9 or 10.... or at least I try to be as often as I possibly can. xD Don't act your age, act your spirit instead.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sakura said:

That's true. I feel like people in my life have always had adult expectations of me, even as a child, I never got to be a child. I was always told not to act that way or do such-and-such thing when I would get hyper/excited or just wanted to play. Then when I got in my teenager years if I did anything that wasn't just sitting down and not moving I got my favorite line of "You are almost 14, 15, 16 (whatever age I was closest too next) years old you need to act right". I feel like that took away a lot of my childhood and I could really only be a teenager / kid when outside with my friends or with friends online.

That's so sad, I think the worst thing you can do is rob a child of their childhood. I'll always be grateful to my parents for letting me have a childhood, although once I became a teenager my mother would make the occasional remark that I ought to behave more appropriately for my age, my father on the other hand wasn't too bothered about it.

5 hours ago, viruxx said:

So as an adult I am doing all the things I wanted to do as a child and couldn't 

Ah yes, catch-up time - with the added advantage of having money to do the things you wanted to do. 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, viruxx said:

Physically, I'm 37, but mentally, I probably am more like 9 or 10.... or at least I try to be as often as I possibly can. xD Don't act your age, act your spirit instead.

I would say mentally I am around 16-17 lol but I still also act like I'm 8-9 sometimes too 😆

14 hours ago, Animedragon said:

That's so sad, I think the worst thing you can do is rob a child of their childhood. I'll always be grateful to my parents for letting me have a childhood, although once I became a teenager my mother would make the occasional remark that I ought to behave more appropriately for my age, my father on the other hand wasn't too bothered about it.

Ah yes, catch-up time - with the added advantage of having money to do the things you wanted to do. 🙂

Yeah I agree, I have always thought people should let kids act like kids. A 6-7 year old is not going to act like an adult because they aren't. People should let kids be kids and play and be excited about things because you only get 1 childhood. The best part about being an adult is definitely having money to do or buy the things you wanted though 🤣

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sakura said:

The best part about being an adult is definitely having money to do or buy the things you wanted though 🤣

And while your parents might not approve of what you spend your money on there's not a lot they can do about it because it's your money that you've earned, not pocket money that they've given you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Animedragon said:

And while your parents might not approve of what you spend your money on there's not a lot they can do about it because it's your money that you've earned, not pocket money that they've given you.

This is so very true because my mom still yells at me about what I spend money on. She is always telling me I shouldn't be buying anime merch / going to concerts / anime conventions / clothes / etc and that I should be saving it to go on vacations 🫠 Despite the fact I went to 2 different countries last year so yes clearly I also go on vacations. This makes me think she just wants something to argue about or try to control lol. I think people should be able to buy/do whatever they want with their money if it's making them happy whether that is going on vaca's or spending money on games/anime. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sakura said:

This is so very true because my mom still yells at me about what I spend money on. She is always telling me I shouldn't be buying anime merch / going to concerts / anime conventions / clothes / etc and that I should be saving it to go on vacations 

I can relate to that. My mother was often complaining about how much I spent on buying anime DVDs, merch and going to anime conventions. I pointed out to her that as I didn't smoke or drink my total monthly anime spend was far less than I'd spend in a month on cigarettes and visits to the pub. This muted her protests a bit, but the real issue was that anime was Japanese and she didn't like the Japanese.

• Like 1

Still feeling so overwhelmed with the work load of both universities and now I've got exams coming up, crazy.

With all this wishing I was going again talk, man I wish I was back in high school, so much easier. 😂

Though as an adult but full time student living abroad I can't stay I'm enjoying the freedom of adulthood with money because I'm as broke as it can get ☠️😂

23 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I can relate to that. My mother was often complaining about how much I spent on buying anime DVDs, merch and going to anime conventions. I pointed out to her that as I didn't smoke or drink my total monthly anime spend was far less than I'd spend in a month on cigarettes and visits to the pub. This muted her protests a bit, but the real issue was that anime was Japanese and she didn't like the Japanese.

Yes every time I'm buying tons of anime merch I'm thinking to myself "It could be much worse, it's not drugs, at least it's not drugs" XD 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

11 minutes ago, Sakura said:

Yes every time I'm buying tons of anime merch I'm thinking to myself "It could be much worse, it's not drugs, at least it's not drugs" XD 

Absolutely, and you'll get something tangible for your money that will give you enjoyment for a whole lot longer than a drug fix, and won't ruin your health.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Absolutely, and you'll get something tangible for your money that will give you enjoyment for a whole lot longer than a drug fix, and won't ruin your health.

Yup yup. I don't think there is anything wrong with buying things like this that make you happy. I personally enjoy making displays of this stuff and spending time setting up the displays which gives me something to do as well and I feel good having it set up and looking the way I had in my head ^^

• Agree 1