Glad To See You Alive

Orius

When I left the place more than a year ago, I felt like there wasn't a lot of activity going on in the forum, but now that I'm back, I'm pleasantly surprised to see active members still posting in the forum.

Not much to say about myself since back then. Nothing much has changed. I'm still an anime fan, still a fan of movies, still getting by each day on an economical diet - and still painfully Asian. :D

I've been busy lately trying to finish my backlog of visual novels. Recently completed G-senjou no Maou. It was a great story, but not the masterpiece people praised it for. Currently reading Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru, Danganronpa 2, Corpse Party, and euphoria. I reached the end of Umineko's episode 6 recently.

It would have made quite the decent conclusion for the story, and I could see why some people felt it should've ended there,

but I'm nonetheless curious to see what other answers it has to offer.

Anyway, just needed a place to crash for a while, so this looks like a good place to hang. Hope to see you around.

:chihiro:

• Like 3

OMG YOU'RE BACK!!!

I was actually thinking about you the other day wondering if you were ever coming back. I loved reading everything you had to say on here and I was sad when you stopped coming.

How have you been? It's so great to have you back!

• Like 1

How have you been? It's so great to have you back!

It's the same ol' same ol' with me. Like I said, nothing much has changed. lol

I'm still mostly bored with everyday, trying to find some way to kill my time. Currently doing that with mah visual novels. haha

• Like 1

It's the same ol' same ol' with me. Like I said, nothing much has changed. lol

No change is a good thing in my book because it's not bad change. lol

I'm still mostly bored with everyday, trying to find some way to kill my time. Currently doing that with mah visual novels. haha

Visual Novels are great! Lately, I've been reading Key's first Visual Novel, Kanon. I absolutely love it! (I watched Kanon 2006 anime first) :P

No change is a good thing in my book because it's not bad change. lol

Well, I mean, I wouldn't necessarily say there's no bad change. I certainly got older, more jaded. My muscles ache a little more. My perspectives got more clouded, that kind of stuff. I got old. lol

Visual Novels are great! Lately, I've been reading Key's first Visual Novel, Kanon. I absolutely love it! (I watched Kanon 2006 anime first) :P

I tried doing that many years ago, reading the Kanon VN after watching the anime, and I just got bored eventually because it's the same storyline... but non-animated. lol I like my stories animated, so unless it's new content, there's very reason for me to read a visual novel.

That said, I'm currently trying to finish the last two episodes of Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru, and that visual novel was long. Probably the longest one I've ever read. So, it's quite an accomplishment for someone like myself with ADHD to read that much content, if I may say so myself. lol

• Like 1

Well, I mean, I wouldn't necessarily say there's no bad change. I certainly got older, more jaded. My muscles ache a little more. My perspectives got more clouded, that kind of stuff. I got old. lol

That's not bad because if you don't get old, you die. So it's still a good change cause you get wiser. (hopefully xP)

I tried doing that many years ago, reading the Kanon VN after watching the anime, and I just got bored eventually because it's the same storyline... but non-animated. lol I like my stories animated, so unless it's new content, there's very reason for me to read a visual novel.

Well...I'm a tad bit extremely obsessed with Kanon so that's how I can read the VN after watching the anime. :P

That said, I'm currently trying to finish the last two episodes of Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru, and that visual novel was long. Probably the longest one I've ever read. So, it's quite an accomplishment for someone like myself with ADHD to read that much content, if I may say so myself. lol

Nice.

The longest VN I've read so far is Rewrite. Took me a long time to read and I'm a fast reader. I probably spent around 30-40 hours on it, if not more.

I've only read 1 non-Key VN so far and that was Cho Dengeki Stryker. It was pretty good. According to Steam, it only took me 24 hours to complete all the routes.

That being said the only VNs I've completed are Rewrite, Little Busters and Clannad. I've only completed 1 of the 5 routes (not counting the mini route) on Kanon so far. I'm savoring every moment of it.

I've only read 1 non-Key VN so far and that was Cho Dengeki Stryker. It was pretty good. According to Steam, it only took me 24 hours to complete all the routes.

That being said the only VNs I've completed are Rewrite, Little Busters and Clannad. I've only completed 1 of the 5 routes (not counting the mini route) on Kanon so far. I'm savoring every moment of it.

I used to be a lot more obsessed with Key. I've watched Clannad and read the VN, I've watched Kanon 2006, I've read Little Busters, and I've also seen Angel Beats which I heard they're currently involved with somehow. But by the time I got to Rewrite, I just began to lose interest, because I felt the material wasn't as fresh anymore, so I moved on to other VNs. lol

• Like 1

But by the time I got to Rewrite, I just began to lose interest, because I felt the material wasn't as fresh anymore, so I moved on to other VNs. lol

Rewrite is different. It has actual monsters and supernatural powers in it. It's not Slice of Lifey like the rest of Key's VNs.

Rewrite anime is kinda awful.

They tried to fit too much into 13 episodes. It was a train wreck and they plan on doing the final 2 routes as a season 2 for Winter 2017 season. I'm going to watch it cause even though it was a train wreck, I liked it. If you haven't read the VN, you will have absolutely NO idea what's going on in the anime.

Rewrite is different. It has actual monsters and supernatural powers in it. It's not Slice of Lifey like the rest of Key's VNs.

The supernatural part of the story didn't really bother me, since I like supernatural stories more than slice-of-life. However, I felt like Kotori's route was so draggy and boring. It took such a long time for the route to end. After that, I tried Chihaya's route, got bored, and dropped the sucker altogether. lol

To be fair, this was during a time when I still wasn't used to reading very lengthy VNs. I'm more or less used to it now but, it just feels like such a pain to read through so much text. That's why I'd prefer watching an anime than reading a VN. That being said, I still wouldn't watch certain anime adapted from VNs like the Little Busters anime because it's just such poorly paced and poorly written.

The supernatural part of the story didn't really bother me, since I like supernatural stories more than slice-of-life. However, I felt like Kotori's route was so draggy and boring. It took such a long time for the route to end. After that, I tried Chihaya's route, got bored, and dropped the sucker altogether. lol

[/Quote]

Yeah, Lucia easily has the best route.

That being said, I still wouldn't watch certain anime adapted from VNs like the Little Busters anime because it's just such poorly paced and poorly written.

I actually thought the pacing in Little Busters anime was really good.

Of course ever since I watched Rewrite where they threw the pacing out the window, I've realized the pacing in other anime is usually pretty decent. You can't get much worse than the pacing in Rewrite anime.

Edited by Guest

I actually thought the pacing in Little Busters anime was really good.

Yeah, it's probably not that bad. I just felt kinda uncomfortable watching their adaptation of Komari's route, since she's my favorite girl. I can't remember what was it exactly that I dislike, but I think it's the way

they paced Komari's depression period. It felt kinda short.

I don't know. It's such a long time ago I can't bother to remember why I dislike that anime. I've got better anime to watch anyway.