How much of a fangirl are you?

ItsSammy

When watching a Tv show or reading a book, how long does it usually take for you to become obsessed with the story or a character?

Do you rarely ever get obsessed with characters, or do you have so many characters you love that you can barely remember them all?

What kind of a fangirl are you? The kind that silently obsesses about their favorite characters, the kind that outwardly expresses their fangirling with squeals or such other things, or maybe you're the kind that only obsesses mildly and enjoys chatting with others in a normal way about your favorite characters ... Either way, feel free to talk about your favorite characters/plots and talk about how much of a fangirl you are, in this thread.

Go ahead and fangirl over anything, anime related or not.

Now, let the fangirling ... BEGIN!

59e2179323cb0_Fangirling.gif.c6d68fb8af26ee18e086312d73118dc2.gif

59e21793272f3_Fangirl.gif.358c86d4d06a715602d3e136b603aa3c.gif

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2
  • Winner 1

I'm fairly mild when it comes to any sort of fangirling. If I do fangirl over something, it's usually silently and you wouldn't know it.

Occasionally something will come across my path that I like so much I'll harass other people to look at it (such was the case with the webtoon Always Human that I bothered @zoop and @Cy~ to read)

Actually, speaking of Always Human...you all need to go read it. It's fantastic

• Winner 2

I am more of the mild chatter I suppose, I don't squeal that is for sure, lol. I love talking to people and fangirling with them about characters I like but I am not super cray about it I wouldn't say.

It takes me a while to become obsessed with a character, not a long time but enough, usually when I am watching a show I wait at least a few episodes until I really get into the character; Although there are some exceptions, like Levi for example, loved him from the get-go. <3

In the right setting and with the right people I'm super fangirly about pretty much all the things. I'm easily excitable and find most nerdy things at least enjoyable if not downright amazing. And when I fangirl I go with the leg pop and squee and just overall excited chattering.

But those moments are few and far between. I'm very stoic most of the time because I have to be.

• Like 1

such was the case with the webtoon Always Human that I bothered @zoop and @Cy~ to read

I'll just say that this was one of the best recommendations that anyone has given me all year. In fact, it's one of the best recommendations that I have ever received. That comic was a treat, and I was so happy to be able to experience it.

*fangirls incessantly for the next 20 minutes*

I'm totally a convert. xD

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

I'm literal fangirl trash.

No, but seriously. It takes me 0.0001 seconds to point out a character I'm going to be obsessed with. I'll immediately point and go "husbando" or "waifu"!

I tend to be more or less the person that in silence, hides in their room at night and reads smutty fanfiction while I dream/fantasize about being with said character. Is that weird? I DON'T CARE.

I very rarely will vocally obsess. I'll just keep it in the dark corners of my mind.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Winner 1

I tend to be a massive fangirl, able to become obsessed at a moments notice~

When watching a show I can easily fall in love with the main character in a few episodes, if it's a truly great character than maybe just one episode is all it will take, although I did become completely obsessed with a main character in about 0.2 seconds when watching one show ... I guess it just depends.

I fangirl with my roomie mostly, we both seem to enjoy the same shows and love the same characters so it's a win-win, although he doesn't really get as hyped as me when we discuss said characters.

I also have a problem with ranting ... If I find a character I like you can expect a rant within a day, maybe even an hour, because that is what I do. I see a character, I connect with said character, I invest my entire emotional state into loving this character, and then I will go rant to anyone who will listen and tell them exactly why this character is the best and deserves to be adored. (These rants usually consist of at least 12 different reasons you should like this character too)

When fangirling with other people face to face I will usually start off just rambling on about how great the character is, if they then disagree with me I will instantly go into defend mode and give them all 212 reasons why they're wrong and the character is amazing, if they do agree with me but bring up a scene or moment in the show where my character was wronged in any way I will instantly go into protect mode and rant for an hour about why said character didn't deserve it ... I protect and defend these characters because I love them, fictional characters are the only people I can relate too (Because I never talk to real people) and therefor my entire emotional state is invested in them.

• Like 4