Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello, everyone! I look forward to getting to know you and finding more people to share my love of anime with.

In my personal life I do have a couple friends and two of my sisters into anime, however, none of them are as into it as me so I've been wanting to find a place where I fit in with other people who have the same passion as me and where we can discuss it to our hearts' content. 

I want to be able to talk about it without someone giving me a blank stare or without feeling as if I have to pull them along to watch an amazing anime. 

Some random bits about me:
I'm in my early twenties
I have pet hedgehogs
I'm chronically ill
I'm an artist

You can find out more about what kinda anime I'm into on my profile and how I got into anime.

Anyways, nice to meet you! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the community.

I hope you enjoy your time here, as everyone is fairly friend, and we probably would not give you weird looks, unless you like an anime some of us do not like too much.

I see that other than Another, you liked A Silent Voice. I never saw the movie, but I have read and really enjoyed the manga. Have you read it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, brycec said:

Welcome to the community.

I hope you enjoy your time here, as everyone is fairly friend, and we probably would not give you weird looks, unless you like an anime some of us do not like too much.

I see that other than Another, you liked A Silent Voice. I never saw the movie, but I have read and really enjoyed the manga. Have you read it?

Thank you! I look forward to getting to know everyone.

I have not read the manga, but I love reading the original material of any anime I like, so I want to read it. I've heard good things about it and that it includes content the movie doesn't. It's always exciting to get new scenes you didn't see in the show or movie. Currently, the manga I'm reading are Fairy Tail, Tokyo Ghoul, Yona Of The Dawn, and Vampire Knight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

I've heard good things about it and that it includes content the movie doesn't. It's always exciting to get new scenes you didn't see in the show or movie

You might like them. Some of those scenes flesh things out a bit, and we have had members here who saw the movie, without reading the manga, who said that it seemed like things were missing. I cannot verify it, outside of a video I shared somewhere in this community, but this is about the only time where both manga and anime fans thought something was missing, as opposed to manga fans acting like they are superior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, brycec said:

You might like them. Some of those scenes flesh things out a bit, and we have had members here who saw the movie, without reading the manga, who said that it seemed like things were missing. I cannot verify it, outside of a video I shared somewhere in this community, but this is about the only time where both manga and anime fans thought something was missing, as opposed to manga fans acting like they are superior.

 

Yeah, I've seen people say that as well! It didn't bother me, but I can see why it would bother others. 

The story is wonderful, and it really impacted me due to its themes of depression and bullying. Along with that, I have a Deaf sister, so I was really able to relate to Yuzuru and her struggle to help her sister through her depression. I cry through the whole movie whenever I watch it. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

The story is wonderful, and it really impacted me due to its themes of depression and bullying. Along with that, I have a Deaf sister, so I was really able to relate to Yuzuru and her struggle to help her sister through her depression. I cry through the whole movie whenever I watch it. :P

I see. That is interesting. If you like delving into things dealing with depression, Orange has been said to be a decent case study of it, at least it’s manga, because it portrayed it in a realistic manner. I liked how it showed that emotions can make things more complicated, but I never noticed that it was a good case study for depression and what sufferers are like until somebody on Tumblr who suffered from it brought it up.

I am glad that you could relate to Yuzuru in the movie. Is your sister’s degree of deafness similar to Shoko’s? I have read that not all deaf people have troubles with the same thing, but not too sure how accurate the statement was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, brycec said:

I see. That is interesting. If you like delving into things dealing with depression, Orange has been said to be a decent case study of it, at least it’s manga, because it portrayed it in a realistic manner. I liked how it showed that emotions can make things more complicated, but I never noticed that it was a good case study for depression and what sufferers are like until somebody on Tumblr who suffered from it brought it up.

I am glad that you could relate to Yuzuru in the movie. Is your sister’s degree of deafness similar to Shoko’s? I have read that not all deaf people have troubles with the same thing, but not too sure how accurate the statement was.

Writing on my phone now, so hopefully there won't be too many typos. I have a connective tissue disorder, so I just dislocated a facet joint and am stuck on the couch. 

Yes, Orange does such a realistic portrayal and without making it triggering (at least for me) for people who have depression and intrusive thoughts! I've watched it multiple times and read the manga as well. Such an important story. It originally aired before I opened up to anyone about my depression, and watching it really helped me. 

Actually my sister is rare in her form of Deafness. She could be standing in front of a jet engine and not hear a single thing, so hearing aids don't do anything for her. She did get a cochlear implant, but she never uses it. Turns out it wasn't a good fit for her because she was a little too old to adjust to it, and between her sensory processing disorder  (which I also have) and her autism she couldn't handle processing the sounds. She also has cerebral palsy. But it's okay, whether or not she uses her CI hearing isn't what's important, what's important is that she's happy and has the choice. 

And as everyone might have noticed I'm not good at small talk. Things get deep fast. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

And as everyone might have noticed I'm not good at small talk. Things get deep fast. Lol

Many of us do hate small talk, so it is no big deal, so do not worry too much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to AF Vivi! Have fun and enjoy your stay. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brycec said:

Many of us do hate small talk, so it is no big deal, so do not worry too much.

That's always reassuring, thanks! 

 

1 hour ago, mechaBD said:

Welcome to AF Vivi! Have fun and enjoy your stay. :)

Thank you! I'm already enjoying it, so I'm excited and looking forward to it. 

tumblr_npysjjXv1o1utmcn8o1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/11/2017 at 2:39 PM, Vivi Hyuuga said:

so I've been wanting to find a place where I fit in with other people who have the same passion as me and where we can discuss it to our hearts' content. 

Hi @Vivi Hyuuga, welcome to AF! Absolutely that's what we aim to achieve here at AF.

If you have any feedback, suggestions and ideas do let me know.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Optic said:

Hi @Vivi Hyuuga, welcome to AF! Absolutely that's what we aim to achieve here at AF.

If you have any feedback, suggestions and ideas do let me know.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thank you so much! So far the site has been really easy to navigate and figure out, and everyone is so friendly! 

 

9 hours ago, Tefutakato said:

Welcome to AF. Nice to meet ya. Hope you continue to stick around here. Enjoy your time here and see you around.

Thank you! I see on your profile that you're also a Christain, that's awesome! And I also love Fairy Tail and My Hero Academia, they are two of my top favorites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there, @Vivi Hyuuga-san! I'm giving you a reheated welcome (the old welcome has gone cold already!) to AF! You should know by now that I'm AniMeFReaK, the most annoying member here. If you feel lonely and want to chat with me, remember to drop by  a hi or hello in my profile page. Enjoy your stay here!

Love,

AniMeFReaK.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AniMeFReaK said:

Hello there, @Vivi Hyuuga-san! I'm giving you a reheated welcome (the old welcome has gone cold already!) to AF! You should know by now that I'm AniMeFReaK, the most annoying member here. If you feel lonely and want to chat with me, remember to drop by  a hi or hello in my profile page. Enjoy your stay here!

Love,

AniMeFReaK.

Didn’t Xryo claim to be the most annoying? Oh well, new members can always receive more good greetings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AniMeFReaK said:

Hello there, @Vivi Hyuuga-san! I'm giving you a reheated welcome (the old welcome has gone cold already!) to AF! You should know by now that I'm AniMeFReaK, the most annoying member here. If you feel lonely and want to chat with me, remember to drop by  a hi or hello in my profile page. Enjoy your stay here!

Love,

AniMeFReaK.

Thank you for the welcome! I must say you got me curious by calling yourself the most annoying member. lol I look forward to getting to know you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit late from me,  but welcome to the anime forums Vivi ^w^ I hope you enjoy it here.

Like always, we have cookies in the back.... And we DID have pudding cups, but somebody ate them all... *stares at AniMeFReaK*

Edited by Xyro
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Xyro said:

A bit late from me,  but welcome to the anime forums Vivi ^w^ I hope you enjoy it here.

Like always, we have cookies in the back.... And we DID have pudding cups, but somebody ate them all... *stares at AniMeFReaK*

Thank you! I am really enjoying myself, it's wonderful to have a community to enjoy chatting with. And finding people who know just as much about anime as me is great.

Not the pudding! Pudding is a must. There must be retribution for this! 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Similar Content

    • By TyCoya
      Hey everyone, my names Tyler and I'm from the US. I'm Korean-American and I'm 17. I was getting kind of sick of how many flaws the forums on both Crunchyroll and MAL seem to have so I furiously opened up a new tab, searched 'anime forums' to see what the first result was, and found this site. I do spend most of my time watching anime rather than discussing it because I'm quite new to it all (I have much more experience with video games but I'll get there eventually). That being said, whenever I see a topic that I actually know something about I enjoy mindlessly typing and sharing my thoughts on the matter. I don't really know where else to go with this so I think I'll just leave it at that. Nice to meet you all! 
    • By Harisu-chan
      Greetings! I don't know how to say goodnight in Japanese without implying that I am going to sleep, so let's just leave it at that. My favorite anime is Lucky Star, and I might be a bit too into it... Kona-chan is my backround/lockscreen for every device... And my keyboard...
      Moving on, I am asexual but identify as panromantic, meaning I feel romantic attraction towards everyone regardless of sex or gender. However, this only occurs under specific conditions. This happens when someone is sweet, otaku, and carefree. This also only happens when I am asthetically attracted to them.These conditions include being moe, so kowaii ;3, having an otaku personality, having long colored hair, and usually wearing a school uniform. Basically only Anime, but I like it that way.
       
       
       
      Naturally, Kona-chan (Konata Izumi) is the perfect waifu for me. She causes cute aggression (something is so cute you want to hug it) in me and just makes me feel great. ~Doki doki~
       
       
       
      Anyway, enough about my waifu. I enjoy Anime because of its story and kawaii characters. I don't care for the sexual appeal. That's why I am disappointed when a friend says they like Anime, but they only watch hentai.
       
       
       
      I tend to get little sleep on school nights and stay up really late watching Anime, then sleep for eight hours on the weekend and feel like I slept uncomfortably late. I have motivation issues and maintain A's and B's with rare studying. I have more Mid-terms tomorrow, but I devoted my studh time to Nightcore and Anime instead. This is one of the reasons I relate with Kona-chan so much. I am Otaku, and even though I love the idea of college and physics, I'll let my grades handle that. I can't save for college when there are so many collectibles, games, and posters to buy!
       
       
       
      I have obsessive compulsive tendencies that I am going to therapy for soon, and I also need someone unbiased to talk to. Some of these tendencies include obsessing over small things and maybe staying up all night...
       
       
       
      I like a lot of games, Anime, and books, auch as:
      Pokemon, Dragon Ball (Z, S), (obviously) Lucky Star, SAO (ik dont't cringe I like tbe concept the story could have been better), SAO 2, Charlotte, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, Boku no Hero Academia, Doki Doki Lit. Club, WoW, SWTOR, Aura Kingdoms, LotR, Zelda games, Naruto (manga), AoT (manga), Pokemon (Anime and manga), Amulet (graphic novels)... Hundreds more!
       
      I don't mind being called a Weeb or a Weaboo by people, because it is kind of true. I am Otaku and I eat Japanese food, my mannerisms are Japanese, I know a good bit of Hiragana and words, and I am intrigued by Eastern religion. 
       
      Anyway, I should probably go now. I look forward to seeing you all around. Sayonara!
       
    • By The Animetuber
      Hey guy's ^_^, my name is Marti, I'm 21 years old.
      I am like you passionate about the world of anime. For my part, this passion came to me at the age of 6 with manga and at 10 with the arrival of streaming sites. I decided recently to start my own YouTube channel under the name "The Animetuber". My main motivation for my channel is not to collect views but rather to use it as a base to spread my knowledge, views and opinions, with people who share my passion. This channel is fuelled by a new video every week on various anime related topics.
      Here's the link : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClncE-8x36uxxEq-jCKId9g
      Here's my Twitter : https://twitter.com/TheAnimetuber
      Don't hesitate to post a review on my page, talk to me on Twitter , or even subscribe to my channel so that we can talk and share our common passion.
      Thanx in advance.
      The Animetuber.  
       
       

    • By whoaokicantdealwithreality
      Yas. Horror, yaoi, or not-well-known animes, please... Don't mind well known ones though. Just any, really... Stuff like: King's Game. Attack on Titan. Tokyo Ghoul, ETC.
    • By AmFrandsen
      Hi there ^^ I thought I would just introduce myself so you can get an idea of who's actually behind the screen :3

      So yeah, I'm a 17-years-old boy and I'm from the small country of Denmark. I find myself on here because I'm basically looking for a forum where I can talk about anime and other things, and hopefully make some new friends ^^. I like to play music. I play guitar, ukulele, piano, violin and the bass. I also really love to draw and to write stuff. And now to the anime part of my introduction, I love watching anime, and my current favorites are Another, True Tears, Corpse Party, Elfen Lied and Yuri on Ice. What can I say, I like myself some good yaoi, romance or gore :3 I've watched anime for about 4 years now, and I have been to 3 cons in my life (last one being in november of 2017). Oh yeah, I also really like pastel aesthetics (Which probably shows by my profile pic). I am very shy irl, which is why I find myself turning to the internet to find and talk to new people (Also there isn't a lot of people in my town who watch anime, so it isn't something I can really talk about with people around me irl)
      But yeah, as I said, I like talking to new people so hmu if you want someone new to chat with ^^
      I look forward to my time on this site/forum, and from the posts I've seen before joining, you all seem extremely kind, so I'm looking forward to talking and discussing stuff with you guys as well. 
      ヾ(^∇^)
×