Hello, everyone! I look forward to getting to know you and finding more people to share my love of anime with.

In my personal life I do have a couple friends and two of my sisters into anime, however, none of them are as into it as me so I've been wanting to find a place where I fit in with other people who have the same passion as me and where we can discuss it to our hearts' content. 

I want to be able to talk about it without someone giving me a blank stare or without feeling as if I have to pull them along to watch an amazing anime. 

Some random bits about me:
I'm in my early twenties
I have pet hedgehogs
I'm chronically ill
I'm an artist

You can find out more about what kinda anime I'm into on my profile and how I got into anime.

Anyways, nice to meet you! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the community.

I hope you enjoy your time here, as everyone is fairly friend, and we probably would not give you weird looks, unless you like an anime some of us do not like too much.

I see that other than Another, you liked A Silent Voice. I never saw the movie, but I have read and really enjoyed the manga. Have you read it?

53 minutes ago, brycec said:

Welcome to the community.

I hope you enjoy your time here, as everyone is fairly friend, and we probably would not give you weird looks, unless you like an anime some of us do not like too much.

I see that other than Another, you liked A Silent Voice. I never saw the movie, but I have read and really enjoyed the manga. Have you read it?

Thank you! I look forward to getting to know everyone.

I have not read the manga, but I love reading the original material of any anime I like, so I want to read it. I've heard good things about it and that it includes content the movie doesn't. It's always exciting to get new scenes you didn't see in the show or movie. Currently, the manga I'm reading are Fairy Tail, Tokyo Ghoul, Yona Of The Dawn, and Vampire Knight.

2 minutes ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

I've heard good things about it and that it includes content the movie doesn't. It's always exciting to get new scenes you didn't see in the show or movie

You might like them. Some of those scenes flesh things out a bit, and we have had members here who saw the movie, without reading the manga, who said that it seemed like things were missing. I cannot verify it, outside of a video I shared somewhere in this community, but this is about the only time where both manga and anime fans thought something was missing, as opposed to manga fans acting like they are superior.

8 minutes ago, brycec said:

You might like them. Some of those scenes flesh things out a bit, and we have had members here who saw the movie, without reading the manga, who said that it seemed like things were missing. I cannot verify it, outside of a video I shared somewhere in this community, but this is about the only time where both manga and anime fans thought something was missing, as opposed to manga fans acting like they are superior.

Yeah, I've seen people say that as well! It didn't bother me, but I can see why it would bother others. 

The story is wonderful, and it really impacted me due to its themes of depression and bullying. Along with that, I have a Deaf sister, so I was really able to relate to Yuzuru and her struggle to help her sister through her depression. I cry through the whole movie whenever I watch it. :P

27 minutes ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

The story is wonderful, and it really impacted me due to its themes of depression and bullying. Along with that, I have a Deaf sister, so I was really able to relate to Yuzuru and her struggle to help her sister through her depression. I cry through the whole movie whenever I watch it. :P

I see. That is interesting. If you like delving into things dealing with depression, Orange has been said to be a decent case study of it, at least it’s manga, because it portrayed it in a realistic manner. I liked how it showed that emotions can make things more complicated, but I never noticed that it was a good case study for depression and what sufferers are like until somebody on Tumblr who suffered from it brought it up.

I am glad that you could relate to Yuzuru in the movie. Is your sister’s degree of deafness similar to Shoko’s? I have read that not all deaf people have troubles with the same thing, but not too sure how accurate the statement was.

21 minutes ago, brycec said:

I see. That is interesting. If you like delving into things dealing with depression, Orange has been said to be a decent case study of it, at least it’s manga, because it portrayed it in a realistic manner. I liked how it showed that emotions can make things more complicated, but I never noticed that it was a good case study for depression and what sufferers are like until somebody on Tumblr who suffered from it brought it up.

I am glad that you could relate to Yuzuru in the movie. Is your sister’s degree of deafness similar to Shoko’s? I have read that not all deaf people have troubles with the same thing, but not too sure how accurate the statement was.

Writing on my phone now, so hopefully there won't be too many typos. I have a connective tissue disorder, so I just dislocated a facet joint and am stuck on the couch. 

Yes, Orange does such a realistic portrayal and without making it triggering (at least for me) for people who have depression and intrusive thoughts! I've watched it multiple times and read the manga as well. Such an important story. It originally aired before I opened up to anyone about my depression, and watching it really helped me. 

Actually my sister is rare in her form of Deafness. She could be standing in front of a jet engine and not hear a single thing, so hearing aids don't do anything for her. She did get a cochlear implant, but she never uses it. Turns out it wasn't a good fit for her because she was a little too old to adjust to it, and between her sensory processing disorder  (which I also have) and her autism she couldn't handle processing the sounds. She also has cerebral palsy. But it's okay, whether or not she uses her CI hearing isn't what's important, what's important is that she's happy and has the choice. 

And as everyone might have noticed I'm not good at small talk. Things get deep fast. Lol

3 hours ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

And as everyone might have noticed I'm not good at small talk. Things get deep fast. Lol

Many of us do hate small talk, so it is no big deal, so do not worry too much.

• Like 1

Welcome to AF Vivi! Have fun and enjoy your stay. :)

1 hour ago, brycec said:

Many of us do hate small talk, so it is no big deal, so do not worry too much.

That's always reassuring, thanks! 

1 hour ago, mechaBD said:

Welcome to AF Vivi! Have fun and enjoy your stay. :)

Thank you! I'm already enjoying it, so I'm excited and looking forward to it. 

tumblr_npysjjXv1o1utmcn8o1_500.gif

On 13/11/2017 at 2:39 PM, Vivi Hyuuga said:

so I've been wanting to find a place where I fit in with other people who have the same passion as me and where we can discuss it to our hearts' content. 

Hi @Vivi Hyuuga, welcome to AF! Absolutely that's what we aim to achieve here at AF.

If you have any feedback, suggestions and ideas do let me know.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

11 hours ago, Optic said:

Hi @Vivi Hyuuga, welcome to AF! Absolutely that's what we aim to achieve here at AF.

If you have any feedback, suggestions and ideas do let me know.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thank you so much! So far the site has been really easy to navigate and figure out, and everyone is so friendly! 

9 hours ago, Tefutakato said:

Welcome to AF. Nice to meet ya. Hope you continue to stick around here. Enjoy your time here and see you around.

Thank you! I see on your profile that you're also a Christain, that's awesome! And I also love Fairy Tail and My Hero Academia, they are two of my top favorites. 

Hello there, @Vivi Hyuuga-san! I'm giving you a reheated welcome (the old welcome has gone cold already!) to AF! You should know by now that I'm AniMeFReaK, the most annoying member here. If you feel lonely and want to chat with me, remember to drop by  a hi or hello in my profile page. Enjoy your stay here!

Love,

AniMeFReaK.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AniMeFReaK said:

Hello there, @Vivi Hyuuga-san! I'm giving you a reheated welcome (the old welcome has gone cold already!) to AF! You should know by now that I'm AniMeFReaK, the most annoying member here. If you feel lonely and want to chat with me, remember to drop by  a hi or hello in my profile page. Enjoy your stay here!

Love,

AniMeFReaK.

Didn’t Xryo claim to be the most annoying? Oh well, new members can always receive more good greetings.

9 hours ago, AniMeFReaK said:

Love,

AniMeFReaK.

Thank you for the welcome! I must say you got me curious by calling yourself the most annoying member. lol I look forward to getting to know you! 

A bit late from me,  but welcome to the anime forums Vivi ^w^ I hope you enjoy it here.

Like always, we have cookies in the back.... And we DID have pudding cups, but somebody ate them all... *stares at AniMeFReaK*

Edited by Xyro
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Xyro said:

A bit late from me,  but welcome to the anime forums Vivi ^w^ I hope you enjoy it here.

Like always, we have cookies in the back.... And we DID have pudding cups, but somebody ate them all... *stares at AniMeFReaK*

Thank you! I am really enjoying myself, it's wonderful to have a community to enjoy chatting with. And finding people who know just as much about anime as me is great.

Not the pudding! Pudding is a must. There must be retribution for this! 

• Agree 1