What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Played some Pokémon Fire Red and Super Mario Land 2: Six Gold Coins. Pokémon is Pokémon, and SML2 is a very underrated platformer for the Gameboy Color. 

Playing some Sniper Elite 4. Pretty good WW2 flavored slotting simulator. The gameplay loop is much less like traditional sniping and is more in line with an action stealth game. The game favors using a silenced pistol and takedowns for the general rogues gallery of Nazis and Fascists, and sniping for higher value targets. The inclusion of some kind of sound masking in every level can make the sniping trivially easy. The only real difficulty spike if you are competent is if you go on Authentic or Authentic Plus, which removes the guide that tells you where your bullet will go when you hold your breath. Alright game overall. The game and all it's DLC go on sale on steam all the time, cop it and Sniper Elite 3 when they're dirt cheap.

Found a couple rabbits in a meadow up on the hill near the new site & decided to build a cage & farm them.  Not exactly sure why I'm doing it since rabbits don't drop anything but fur and an occasional rabbit's foot.  The foot can be used to make a potion of leaping but the fur can only be used to make leather and it is a lot easier to farm cows for that.  Too bad bundles still aren't in the main game.

Spoiler

2023-08-04_20_09_59.thumb.png.9c786c08d97fd45727a884574bb68200.png

I restarted Naruto Ultmate Ninja Storm to prepare to tackle all 4 games in a row. I bought them on sale for really cheap, I was even able to get both the Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy and Ultimate Ninja Storm 4: Road to Boruto with a $20 gift card. That's beside the point though. So far I'm in the Chunin Exam Arc so far, and I'm almost done with that particular arc, but there's several more coming up that get pretty intense. In this game Kimimaro is really difficult to beat though. One of the most frustrating fights to finish. Anywho, I'm picking up the Chunin Exams Arc again. I'll update with my progress later.

Been getting back into the AC games after falling out of love with them, just didn't enjoy them anymore but wow am I loving Odyssey 

I've gone back to Front Mission 1st Remake since I still need to get the funds to revamp my wanzers for my Canyon Crows crew. Besides, I need to finish it before the 2nd and 3rd Remake Front Mission games come out. 2 different storylines to play, so it'll take a while. More fun to blow up! lol

Reinstalled AC Unity, really in the mood to play it. Though it got a lot of hate I did find it to be one of my favourite AC games, I adored the story and setting but who knows, opinion might have changed 

Playing through some more of Forza Horizon 4. A very modern take on a racing game, it is absolutely not a game everyone can enjoy. The over-the-top cheery vibe presented in the game can be grating at times, but it's definitely one in gaming that is far between titles. Having a good balance of genuine qualities and corniness is a fine line that is difficult to go along. Otherwise, it is a very fun racing game, with collectathon elements in acquiring as many different makes and models of cars as possible. Definitely pick up the gold edition when it's on sale for like 30ish bucks. 

I've been playing a bunch of Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution on Switch. I've been collecting cards from the Bakura booster pack so I can make a Winged Dragon of Ra deck and a Fiend deck. I started it over so I could collect the cards again. It's fun to do. I haven't collected 3 of every card in the pack yet (except the Ra cards, you can only have 1 of each different form of that card and the other Egyptian God Cards). I'm working on it though! I've only progressed as far as beating the part in the story where Yami Yugi duels Yami Bakura for the Millenium Puzzle and the lives of his friends who are turned into cards, but you can collect a lot of cards by repeatedly winning or repeatedly losing a finite number of times but I don't know what the actual number is. You can still get Duel Points which is used for buying the booster packs by beating the stories, so there's an infinite amount of those in the game to collect.

6 hours ago, Sakura said:

Started playing the old FFX game again some today, started a new game just for the nostalgia 😊

Nice! I love that game. ^^ How far did you get before you had to save until later?

Edited by Wild Emotion

10 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

Nice! I love that game. ^^ How far did you get before you had to save until later?

I got all the way up to the point where you have to battle Sin, land in Kilika and Yuna is doing the sending. I saved after that but I think I'll probably play some more when I get back inside later tonight. 

3 hours ago, Sakura said:

I got all the way up to the point where you have to battle Sin, land in Kilika and Yuna is doing the sending. I saved after that but I think I'll probably play some more when I get back inside later tonight. 

Sweetness!! I usually try to collect the -Proof armors from fiends before going anywhere. Like, you can get Waterproof from the Water Flan at Besaid. Iceproof from the White Elements on Mi'ihen Highroad. And the Thunder Plains you can get a fiend to drop Lightningproof armor too. I'm a fan of collecting. lol ^^;

I usually do a lot of collecting on the game but after I beat it lol I always go back to that place in the calm lands where you can build those monsters at and fight them for mats to make awesome stuff. I haven't done that in a long time though, I remember spending hours and hours doing that.

I haven't actually done that yet. The Monster Arena I mean. But since I'm playing the Remaster which has the Dark Aeons in it, I'm trying to collect early on because capturing fiends is pretty dangerous when you come back to an area and a Dark Aeon is just chilling out until you come near it, then they attack you.