What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Found a huge underwater cave system.  These kinds of places are supposed to be good for finding emeralds and diamonds because the ore is technically not exposed to air even though it is readily visible.  Time to brew up some night vision and underwater breathing potions. 

I bet there's Drowned in there tho.  I hate the ones with tridents.

Spoiler

2023-08-27_19_45_44.thumb.png.18856920e9e90c7fd5dd56657791af03.png

On 8/26/2023 at 10:47 PM, Sakura said:

Started playing the old FFX game again some today, started a new game just for the nostalgia 😊

i always wanted to play the old final fantasy games! the only one i played/still play is ff14

i just finished rin first ending (also known as rin 1) in Little busters. wth was that

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Soramee_ said:

i always wanted to play the old final fantasy games! the only one i played/still play is ff14

i just finished rin first ending (also known as rin 1) in Little busters. wth was that

I love 14 too! 10 is definitely my fave though. Brings me right back to being a kid and playing lol 

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

On 8/27/2023 at 7:06 PM, Sakura said:

I haven't played that version I've only played like this original version lol 

I didn't actually know that the Dark Aeons were in it when I bought it. lol Don't regret it, but definitely unexpected Dark surprise waiting for you if you don't know they're in it. lol

5 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

I didn't actually know that the Dark Aeons were in it when I bought it. lol Don't regret it, but definitely unexpected Dark surprise waiting for you if you don't know they're in it. lol

I feel like I should look for that version just for something new.

3 hours ago, Sakura said:

I feel like I should look for that version just for something new.

Depending on the System you have, the game is called Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remastered. Try to see if you can get one, because it's really challenging. ^^

I restarted my Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution because I want to collect all the card rewards from the story Duels before buying from the booster packs until the story Duels won't give me anymore cards for winning. lol I'll still get the Duel Points though, there's no limit to how many of those you can get. But there is a limit to the cards you can get as rewards from the story Duels. lol It'd be seriously unfair if you could get an infinite number of those rewards.

Taking a break from Yu-Gi-Oh!, I've restarted Dragon Ball Kakarot. Right now I'm just before the Piccolo vs Raditz fight. Even though Piccolo doesn't actually injure Raditz when they first meet. Ironic, seeing as it's Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon that ends up impaling Raditz in the end. Underestimate Earth, will you?!

I went back to Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution. It's a good game to fall back on. Especially when I'm listening to my iPod and playing it. But right now I'm trying to win the Duel of Yami Yugi vs Seto Kaiba so I can reap the limited card rewards until it won't give me anymore for that particular Duel. One of the cool things about the Duels in this game is you can switch sides of the characters, so you play as the antagonist vs someone like Yugi. It's pretty fun. I think it's my safe game... I'm not doing so hot right now.

Edited by Wild Emotion
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

After restarting Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remastered I'm at the part where Rikku's name is ???? until she later on tells Tidus her name. So, after fighting nuerous Piranha fiends, I've finally unlocked Slice and Dice as well as Energy Rain for Ridus. I've also managed to get Rikku a few sphere levvels, but I'm not quite done just yet until I get Tidus his Blitz Ace Overdrive. I've taught Rikku the Slayer and Warrior Overdrive Modes for later on in the game when she learns Mug. But I want to savor the gameplay, not rush through it, so I'm just relaxing while trying to get Blitz Ace for Tidus. At least I'm 3/4ths of the way there so far. ^^

Finally got my second zombie villager cured in MC.  Mr and Ms Fletcher-Librarian are settled in to their new digs and producing the next generation.  I can't tell Mr from Ms but they seem to have figured it out.  🏩:D 

Now I can build the rest of the dwellings and maybe get some decent trades going at the new town site.

btw, I like the new hanging signs.

Spoiler

2023-09-03_21_05_14.thumb.png.9908279135dfadf151167e2a79f2f75c.png

Haven't done it yet but dying to play Starfield! Unfortunately I don't see myself having much time to enjoy it with loads of work to do before moving to Czech Republic

Spent more time than I should have grinding for netherite in minecraft.  Finally managed to find and smelt 14 pieces of ancient debris after several hours of tediously - and cautiously! - burrowing through the Nether.  Unfortunately that will only get me 3 ingots, which isn't even enough for a full set of armor.  Then there's the whole issue of finding and duplicating the upgrade templates for each piece of gear so I can actually apply the netherite to the gear.  The upgrade template alone is 7 diamonds each.. beyond the usual amount to craft the actual diamond gear itself.  That's to upgrade one item!  Netherite gear is a LOT tougher to get in 1.20!    :( 

Edited by efaardvark

Tried out the "Kappa" shader v5.2 in minecraft today.  Drives my 6600XT pretty hard but I can still get a solid 60fps.  Visually it is working well.  As a "raytrace" (path tracing / geometry shading) mod I like it better than SEUS.  I especially like what it does with the sky/weather.  It tends to make light objects overbright however.  Note the lava, the washed-out tower (made of white concrete with glowstone blocks in the 4 corners under the eaves), and the cherry trees that from a distance look a bit like pink lightbulbs in the morning sun.  Going to have to tweak the settings a bit.  :)

Spoiler

2023-09-08_16_16_59.thumb.png.9d5b57fb1dda03e2924dd3393240e883.png2023-09-08_16_21_42.thumb.png.95fa175019cbe076ec5ce88f0e21a737.png2023-09-08_16_59_26.thumb.png.27a06c861ac266af8c366c5f927a58d7.png2023-09-08_16_26_15.thumb.png.77cbf1fbfd1ec7ef566fb3b7a130a044.png2023-09-08_16_24_32.thumb.png.3875110ef05e1a01227f08f446355da5.png

It also makes the nether look pretty creepy.  There's a swirling mist effect that doesn't come out well in screenshots but it definitely adds atmosphere to that dimension.  The mist's motion is enough to make you wonder if something is really there or if you're just seeing things.  <cue creepy music>  Sometimes there is, sometimes there isn't.  :)

Spoiler

2023-09-08_19_33_54.thumb.png.5a73699810874637172ca23af2a24ce8.png

FaeFarm

Just started this game last Friday and haven't put much time into it yet. Been playing here and there... believe I got as far as chapter 3.

Palia

Got a closed beta code about a couple of weeks ago. It's another Cozy game that reminds me of a mix of Stardew and a little bit of Zelda. It's a free to play game that is surprisingly enjoyable. There is a **ton** of grinding though. 

Starfield 

Holy cow is this game overwhelming for me. There really is no sense of direction so besides the little bit of tutorials you are left with your own devices. Very different from something like Skyrim. However, it does give a bit of a Fallout feel though.

I've started up Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission on my Switch and chosen Supreme Kai as my hero avatar. It's got a lot of useful abilities. To be fair, all of the hero avatar races have useful abilities, but Supreme Kai abilities are pretty sweet to watch. And who doesn't want a mohawk? lol

I've collected my first Super Dragon Ball, and now I'm about to collect my 2nd next one. I'm a long ways away from using them for anything, but I know where to get the next one at least. I need to increase my Supreme Kai character's comraderie with Xeno Trunks and regular Goku. I can't wait to start using his transformations. This game was really hard to get at first, but once I dedicated myself to learning how to play it, it all fell into place as far as understanding how it's played. I'm glad I can enjoy the game so much now. I just thought it'd always be too complicated for me to play, but apparently that isn't the case! ^^ I'm pretty relieved that the barriers I thought were there were only in my head. lol

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Grounded

Decided to start Grounded up again only on PC this time since it's been over a year when u last played (back when it was still in early access). Focusing more on the building this time instead of just doing the main quests. 

DDV

Grinding hard-core to get all of the Halloween items before they are gone. Damn it sure takes awhile.

Originally the race I picked for my Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission hero avatar was Android, but I didn't know how to utilize its abilities. It's a double attack type of ability, which means it can perform a synchronized attack with another character, except the catch is there can only be 2 character cards on the battle area of the field on my side, but I didn't actually know that before. Tutorials are pretty useful to play through. lol For that exact reason, so when I deleted my Supreme Kai character and remade an Android character, it was easier to utilize the Double Attack synchronized attack knowing what to actually do. Sometimes it takes me a long time to catch on to something like that, for some reason. Anyway, now my avatar in Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission is Android and, since I know how to use its abilities now, I'll be sticking with it for quite a while. I've got nothing against Supreme Kais, but I'm partial to Androids because of the Android twins(17 and 18) for sentimental reasons. They remind me of how close me and my own big sister were. ^^ Time to collect some cards!

Not really done in gaming but I did get myself a Steam deck, unfortunately I will be studying abroad when it's delivered here so will hopefully get my hands on it sometime in November. 

• Like 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1