What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

What game(s) are you currently playing, what system and what are you currently doing in said game(s) (whether it be a main mission/side mission, looking for something, goofing around, etc.)?

Example:

Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)

I just started this game late last night and haven't done much as of yet. Was trying to locate all of the missing members of a fire crew but was only lucky enough to find one so as of right now I pretty much gave up on that side mission. So now I'm working on a main mission which is to find where Scarecrow is producing his "new" toxin. 

Far cry 5 (PS4)

Sadly I haven't done anything much lately in this game despite playing it off and on. I kind of lost interest in the game right now (whoops).

• Like 1

Atelier Sophie (PS4)

Just finding/crafting the highest level stuff I can and registering at the duplication shop so I can buy as many as I want xP  It does take a few ingame days for them to get back in stock though.  This is a really relaxing game overall.

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)

Playing this for like my 20th time at least (have 350 hours on just this 3ds, and based on other games, activity log didn't transfer over.... so yeah).  Don't really know why I'm playing this other than I'm almost done with FE Echoes and just wanted something to replace it.  On chapter 7ish of the main story.

I've been playing Dragon Age Inquisition multiplayer and Fortnite because my awesome Bro Bro bought me a 3 month Playstation plus membership. :D

I'm also in the process of downloading Raymen Legends for the Kiddo and the husband, and Beyond: Two Souls for me and the Husband because he played that Until Dawn game and really liked it. 

And I play on the PS4,

• Like 1

I was playing some Loading Human Chapter One (talking about VR made me miss it) though I quit after an hour or so.  Too hot...so hot I considered maybe it felt like summer.  Come to find out, someone turned off the AC in the past 24 hours and that is why I was dieing in the heat upstairs.  I might put it back on in a bit but I'm drinking lots of water now to make up for what I sweated out earlier.  It's already feeling oh so much cooler up here now.

Kerbal Space Program (I'm on Linux, but also for Windows, Macs, and the PS4/XBOX consoles.) 

RL has been taking a lot of my time lately so I haven't done a lot of gaming for the last few weeks.  However, I did manage to play some Kerbal Space Program over the last weekend.  I'm playing a "hard" game and currently kind of grinding for cash, but I pulled off a sweet mission that not only satisfied several high-reward contracts at once and got me a bunch of new funds, it also got me lots of science points (to unlock new rocket parts with) AND rescued a scientist kerbal from Münar orbit.  (Rescues are good because the kerbals will then join your space program, instead of you having to hire/buy them for cash.)  Not only was the rescue successful, but I took the scientist the long way back via a gravity assist from Minmus that took her briefly beyond the Kerbin sphere of influence and into solar (Kerbol?) orbit.  Reentry after falling all the way from beyond Minmus was dicey, but by the time she got back from two flybys and the SOI change (sciencing all the way) she'd made level 3 and was already my senior scientist kerbal.  Altogether I got several hundred science points, tons of reputation points, and cleared over $300k profit after accounting for the price of the science/rescue rocket.  That's not even counting the value of not having to hire another scientist either, which is currently about $250k in my game.

I haven't found time to play any more since doing that mission so I haven't really figured out exactly what to do with all the cash yet.  I know some is going to upgrade my research and development labs, and I really, really need to upgrade my tracking station if I'm going to do any more of these deep-space missions.  Depending on the parts I can unlock with the science points I might try sending the scientist back to land on the Mün (and gather even more science).  I'd need a bigger crew capsule however since the only one I have available now is single-occupancy and I need room for a pilot as well as the scientist if I'm going for a landing.  To do it right I should level up one of my pilots as practice for the landing too.  After upgrading the facilities I'll probably be short of funds again, and there's the new rocket to build, contracts to secure, etc., etc., etc....   Always a good time.  :D 

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Renee said:

Mainly just games on PS VITA

currently "The Legend Of Heroes Trails Of Cold Steel"

That is my second favorite PS Vita game of all time. The only one I liked more is Persona 4 Golden. The game, the acting, the story, the visuals, the battle system are all fantastic. 

To answer the question of the thread, I've actually been playing Pokemon Sun again and kind of taking my time with it unlike normal. Been catching a few more Pokemon, training a little more, using mostly Pokemon I haven't before, it's a good time. 

9 hours ago, Wedgy said:

I know this is meant to be 'daily' but I'm pretty slow-going, I take my time with my games and do more piddling than is probably necessary.

Monster Hunter World

Been grinding out Nergigante, Xeno'jiiva, and various tempered monsters. I'm one material away on a lot of upgrades. Been duo with a pal of mine, he's really upset at me because I've managed to collect a whopping 5 Xeno'jiiva gems in only 3 fights (I got reallllly lucky I guess,) and he's got none. However, I now have too many of these rare gems and nothing to craft with them because I'm missing all of the uncommon mats. I've carved Xeno's head about six times and I can never loot a horn off that son of a bitch. Likewise, I need Nergigante's gem to craft a huge upgrade for my glaive which is my main weapon. I'm pretty good at killing elder dragons, but Nergigante takes about 25 minutes to kill, and Xeno'jiiva almost an hour. The others don't really have gear I want so meh to them I say.

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

Besides generally being a pirate and doing the pillaging and the plundering, I've been scouting out all of the diving spots for the ship plans I need to make my death vessel. I've only destroyed 1/4 legendary ships, and I came close to sinking the twin ships. I'm doing this with a personal goal not to use any guides or look any answers up online, so kind of blindly discovering plans, locating treasure maps, etc etc, until I find one and hopefully I've amassed enough resources to build it by that time. Also, harpooning is kind of fun and way too distracting. I see a great white shark and I need to poke it with my stick.

World of Warcraft

Taking a break from this game for a while now, but last I played I was trying to level up a new huntard (note: Already have a 110 hunter,) because I want that sweet Highmountain heritage set for my shaman. Unfortunately, lingering about level 50 with him and being stuck in Tanaris is a real drag. I benched myself from my raid team because I'm simply bored and I never get to play my warlock like I want, always have to heal/tank and Antorus is just getting stale to me. A very close IRL friend runs the raid so if I decide to come back he'll get me back in, though I doubt I will want to. Spent about a month doing nothing but arena and even got bored with that. I did achieve 250 mounts before I left, so I'm pleased with that. I got a beta invite, played it for like an hour, gave in to apathy. I might check in with the game again when the new expansion comes out, but I can't see myself getting invested in it much, been playing this stupid game since 2007 and have a love/hate relationship with it at this point.

You. I like you. Can we be friends? I'm a big fan of Dragon Age. I feel it's entirely underrated. I could play Origins over and over. DA2 and DAI were good in their own ways, but they didn't suck me in like DAO did. 

We can totally be friends. I own all the Dragon Age games. I love them all in their own ways. :D I have at least four characters on each. 

Persona 5 (PS4)

I am playing NG+ and have been trying to spend time with confidants I missed the first time around. I spent my time horribly during my first run, but this game has so much to offer, I couldn't pass up another run through~

Fire Emblem Awakening

Marrying all my units for the billionth time xD so much fun!

I'm going to marry Tiki this time! 

Detroit Become Human (PS4)

Picked up the game and started on it tonight. It's kind of difficult to say where I'm at exactly since the game kind of jumps around, lol.

Witcher 3

Restarted Witcher 3 since I never actually beat the game. Defeated the Griffin and found Yennifer... pretty much it on that game so far. 

Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)

I already finished this game, and I almost completed it again, but I wanted to do so thoroughly this time and so that's why i play through it again. My goal is to complete it on Hero Mode, although it looks really difficult, but I do desire bragging rights ;3 

I just completed the final dungeon and now I'm off to fight Demise.

• Like 1

FFXIV- Mostly just doing quests and leveling.

Crash Bandicoot

and I just downloaded Tera so probably give that a try tonight.

On 5/26/2018 at 1:39 AM, Sasazaki Chan said:

I already finished this game, and I almost completed it again, but I wanted to do so thoroughly this time and so that's why i play through it again.

I do that sort of thing too.  Especially if I had trouble the last time through I have to go back and do it over, just to "get it right".  Otherwise I keep thinking about it and I can't move on to the next game.  One of my personality quirks I guess.  :)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

I do that sort of thing too.  Especially if I had trouble the last time through I have to go back and do it over, just to "get it right".  Otherwise I keep thinking about it and I can't move on to the next game.  One of my personality quirks I guess.  :)  

I know right!! I completed Skyrim about 5 or 6 times just to get the perfect character; every desired dialogue quote spoken with their corresponding intended outcomes, maximized benefits and rewards in every situation, explored every bit of land in each plane of existence (Oblivion, Nirn, etc.) as much as I possibly could, completed every questline applicable to my character, leveled up my skills in accordance to my character's fighting style, etc.

If I said something, or did something I didn't want to do because it goes against my character's nature, I reload a previous save and do it over again until it's exactly how I want it. The only reason I completed the game so many times is because I kept switching consoles, and because I wasn't satisfied with my previous characters and the decisions I made with them.

It took me until my 5th or 6th time in order to create this evil, wicked, dark, undetectable, level 94 goddess I've been trying to develop. I've fallen in love with this character. Not that you care or anything but she's essentially an invisible archress with a full set of heavy armour. Her archery I believe is around level 600-900 which correlates to legendary archery 6-9. It's been a while since I last played so I don't really remember. Lol

Anyways, I don't do this thorough of a job in a video game unless it's an Elder Scrolls or Fall Out game (Except Arena, and Elder Scrolls Online). I do the best I can in MMORPGs such as Elder Scrolls Online or World of Warcraft because if you say something you don't want, you have to restart your entire character from level zero. It's essentially impossible to play with this mentality in these types of games so if I make a mistake, I live with it and try to make some sense as to why my character would say a certain thing or take a certain action. In addition to this, I don't even think about the possibility of making a mistake so I can actually enjoy the game and not worry so much about fucking it all up because of perhaps OCD? Who knows? Lol As for other types of video games, for instance, Zelda, I try to do the best I can and make everything be the way I want it to be. Depending on the game, I'll play through it once to enjoy it, and play through it again to complete it. And sometimes, the outcome of this being the case is just unintentional. It all depends on what game it is. ^ ^

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sasazaki Chan said:

I know right!! I completed Skyrim about 5 or 6 times just to get the perfect character; every desired dialogue quote spoken with their corresponding intended outcomes, maximized benefits and rewards in every situation, explored every bit of land in each plane of existence (Oblivion, Nirn, etc.) as much as I possibly could, completed every questline applicable to my character, leveled up my skills in accordance to my character's fighting style, etc.

I'm not quite that bad.  I mean, I could be, but I don't have that kind of time.  :)  I've actually started avoiding those sorts of games in favor of the more open, "sandbox" games because I've found that I get less caught up in the "do it right" thing.  Minecraft for instance, or my current obsession Kerbal Space Program, or I'm also waiting for Space Engineers. 

On 5/25/2018 at 9:36 PM, EnviousEnvy said:

"Outside, what's that? Is it in HD?"

Great FPS, low latency, awesome physics engine.  Plot needs work though.  :D 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I beat Pokemon Sun after taking a much longer time than normal to do so. I've played the game for 10 hours more than I had on my original save and enjoyed it more than I ever thought I would. I've never tried taking my time to beat a Pokemon game, but it actually changes the experience a lot and makes it more fun than I realized. Of course it helps that Sun and Moon have basically the best story of any Pokemon game and I find it charming because it looks like Mega Man Legends 2, but it really is just a fun game. I need to try and beat other Pokemon games and try taking my time with them. It's a real blast. 

16 hours ago, Wedgy said:

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get into the Witcher. I want to like it. :(But I can't get over the sensitive controls or the fact that I always seem to wander off into the wrong area and get my tail handed to me. My gear breaks constantly. I haven't even found a way to fix my gear aside from the items you can use and subsequently run out of, and income appears scarce as well. Being this frustrated at the game is not very fun. Maybe I'm just bad at it. Don't know. I've played about 15 hours of it and have owned the game since release and just haven't gotten the dig of it.

Enjoyed the books, though, I will say. 

The only thing that kills the mood is the whole "Recommended Level" situation. In the beginning enemies were maybe 1 to 2 levels above you but once you enter the next part BOOM! All of a sudden they are 16 to 40 levels above you and it takes forever to level up. That's why I gave up so much. Otherwise I like it.

I'm Playing witcher 3. I've bought it some months ago in a sale, but never really got into it due to some other priorities in term of gaming. So i'm doing it now.

About the game i'm completely amazed by it.  It's gorgeous.

Beyond that, the usual good and old fifa online, and some little things here and there. Nothing that's worth talking.

• Like 1

Today I saved one Eding Kerbin, scientist, from the wreckage of his plane in low orbit around Minmus.

No, I don't understand how someone can get stranded in orbit around an outer moon in an airplane cockpit either, but there you go.  :)  And so low!  Any lower and I could swat the hilltops below as they go by!  😮

screenshot82.thumb.png.7819b47bd3376c51006fd47d278dd7d4.png

On 5/22/2018 at 4:19 PM, EnviousEnvy said:

Far cry 5 (PS4)

Sadly I haven't done anything much lately in this game despite playing it off and on. I kind of lost interest in the game right now (whoops).

Tales Of Zestiria(PC)

trying to beat (SPOILER ALERT) (how do we spoiler tag?)

(SPOILER ALERT)

(SPOILER ALERT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

edna's brother, but then he keeps healing and i cant beat him...and then i googled and they said i cant beat him early

and im level 60 i know i can do it >.>

(SPOILERS END ABOVE?)

seriously tho if you guys can teach me how to spoiler tag >.>...

Witcher 3 (PS4)

Did some minor missions; got my butt handed to me by a werewolf  (oops) and found Henrik. Now I am on the hunt for the witch (which I know who it is).

Sims 4 (PC)

Had the day off so I decided to waste most of it playing Sims 4. Nothing really to talk about on there. 

• Geano pinned this topic
  • Geano unpinned this topic