Jump to content
Beocat

Contest: Cosplay on a Budget

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone :) So, I have been thinking of running this contest for a while now, and would like to see the interest in it before I run it. I'd like to have 5 contestants minimum, so please reply below if you are interested. This is also my way of seeing if there is any forum interest in opening a cosplay section on the forum ;) as I am interested in having one.

 

The contest will run for five days and will be judged by myself and the winners (1st, 2nd, and honorable mention) will be paid out or gifted from my points accounts a set amount for their efforts. 

 

If I recieve enough interest by Friday at 1pm EST the contest will commence with full rules, prizes, and guidelines being posted over the weekend.  This is planned to be a multiday contest with a new challenge every day. Please only participate if you believe that you will be able to respond to five daily challenges.  The challenges will be parts of an outfit, accessory, or likewise. I will not ask you to plan a full outfit on a challenge nor multiple accessories on a single day.

  • Like 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Persona, this is all you!

As for me, the best I can do is wear my AoT shirt, lol.

image.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personalty would love to see a cosplay section in the future on AF, but perhaps not just for anime rather more for general cosplay which would cover anime, gaming, comics and beyond. 

Far as the contest is concerned I'd say sounds fun, but as I only have 2 cosplays myself presently and they are packed away at my parents house I won't be taking part this time. I will however keep a eye on this topic as well as the creative corner category idea as it seems to really being getting popular. In fact personally I think a cosplay forum section would fit rather nice in the Creative Corner category since it is itself a form of artistic expression.

I do think the contest is a great idea and would also be good judge if we should add a contests forum section as well for future hopefully more regular contests. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Beocat said:

If I recieve enough interest by Friday at 1pm EST the contest will commence with full rules, prizes, and guidelines being posted over the weekend.  This is planned to be a multiday contest with a new challenge every day. Please only participate if you believe that you will be able to respond to five daily challenges.  The challenges will be parts of an outfit, accessory, or likewise. I will not ask you to plan a full outfit on a challenge nor multiple accessories on a single day.

i doubt i can participate in 5 daily challenges, due to schedule of hospitalings that is of not funnings but also funnings (incase it hurt the eyes, what this sentence just meant was hospitals is fun, but also not fun 😃

but id probably join it for fun ?, i've cosplated as snake, since theres a huge box in the hospital...and i only learn from the best bruh

i later got laughed at by my colleagues for being a baka~

 

p.s, i've actually never done cosplay before, but if its budget-ed wise, maybe i can do it xD, im pretty 30-70% here, 30% i feel i can do it and join, 70% i cant and "muh old frightness" (my inner self telling me i cant do it) and stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nono Thanks for the tag! 

 

This is such a nifty idea! I’d love to take part in it in anyway I can. ❤️

  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ArchieKun said:

I personalty would love to see a cosplay section in the future on AF, but perhaps not just for anime rather more for general cosplay which would cover anime, gaming, comics and beyond.

I would second this.  Though tbh I don't have much interest in (or time for) doing cosplay myself, I do enjoy seeing what other people come up with however.  It isn't totally out of the question for me to do something myself if suitably motivated/provoked* either.  I'd be happy to donate prize points or contribute in other ways.

*It didn't come together, but I did consider being a Kerbal for Halloween at work for instance.  It would have been a hoot to see people's reactions to seeing a Kerbal in the control room at JPL's SFOF:D :D 

  • Friendly 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

I would second this.  Though tbh I don't have much interest in (or time for) doing cosplay myself, I do enjoy seeing what other people come up with however.  It isn't totally out of the question for me to do something myself if suitably motivated/provoked* either.  I'd be happy to donate prize points or contribute in other ways.

*It didn't come together, but I did consider being a Kerbal for Halloween at work for instance.  It would have been a hoot to see people's reactions to seeing a Kerbal in the control room at JPL's SFOF:D :D 

I love Cosplay I have done it many times at several cons. I haven't the past couple years because of money troubles. Though hoping to this year or next. I think a section for it would be great for the Creative Corner area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it would a be unique idea though see the style of cosplay of other cosplayers too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, what do you mean on a budget? Like its a contest but you cant go over a curtain amount of money on the cosplay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

Interesting, what do you mean on a budget? Like its a contest but you cant go over a curtain amount of money on the cosplay?

Part of the judging criteria would be how well you contained costs. This would mean if you needed something small, flat, round and metallic gold, you could use some cheap dollarstore eyeshadow cases and just paint them and glue them on instead of actually using metal or trying to form foam. If would be affordable and something most anybody could do regardless of skill. Kind of like a cosplay pieces on the fly too. Cosplay doesn't have to be expensive or time consuming after all. I had planned on having s few criteria with varying point values (cost containment, feasibility for the cosplayer use (is it too heavy? Does it require special skills to make?), how much time would be spent on it, how good or bad does it probably look). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!
×