-
Posts
8,110 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
128
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Blogs
Everything posted by Optic
-
The synopsis from Steam for the current kinetic novel visual novel sums up the plot nicely: Five episode anime series adapatation and also a side movie coming out in July 7... I loved this kinetic visual novel. Yumemi was so cheerful, even during Kuzuya's extreme scepticism. And that ending... as we come to expect from Key that loves to play with your emotions... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuJ7QSMJwv0 The trailer looks absolutely fantastic! Really looking forward to it!
-
[FLOAT_RIGHT][/FLOAT_RIGHT] I've only played one visual novel and that was a kinetic one by Key called Planetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet. Very touching and beautiful title with a dystopian touch, and am glad it's getting an anime adaptation. Though it being a kinetic one you literally don't make any choices at all, just scrolling through the dialogue and scenes.
-
I prefer my PS Vita because it has many Japanese VNs and RPGs that I really love on it. Persona 4 and the whole Hyperdimension Neptunia franchise. I also have a 3DS but don't play it nearly as much. It has some Japanese games that I like too though, including Bravely Default and Fire Emblem: Awakening. If you're a Pokemon fan then well you pretty much would be going Nintendo at that point..
-
Hello @Baka, wishing you a warm welcome to Anime Forums. Enjoy your stay.
-
Thanks @Xyro Donatus and @Baka. Also recently received some new Hyperdimension Neptunia wall scrolls. Good to rotate them every now and then.
-
Well there's something exciting with watching a brand new title as it airs from Japan before it gets localised. When Erased was airing many of the AF members here were posting as each episode aired because it was awesome and had many nail-biting moments. And everyone can join in the fun of whether the ending was good or not. But yeah not everyone can watch titles as they air. On top of that, due to time constraints I can only watch 3-4 titles per season as I also like to watch other titles that have aired too or have been released on Blu-ray/DVD.
-
Thanks for the interest! I will be in touch towards the end of this week with those that volunteered to help make our anime sections more lively. We'll probably create a new rank button to go with it. More details to come.
-
Hello everyone, We are looking for volunteers who are interested in becoming staff to help improve our Anime title sections! Duties: Creating a mix of episode threads, character and plot threads for any anime titles that interest you. You can choose to be involved in Currently Airing Titles, already aired or older titles. Uploading cover images for any new anime title sections that need to be created. Requirements: A regular commitment of visiting and posting at least twice a week. Please consider this carefully. If you already have a busy schedule, then it may not be a good idea to volunteer as it may impact both your existing schedule and your fun experience at Anime Forums. An active interest in anime! If you're interested, feel free to send me a message or replying in this thread below. You can also ask any questions below too.
-
Hello everyone, thanks for all the idea suggestions! Some great feedback. @Sloth_chocolate, @Evil Bunny of Doom - I can extend the covers so you can upload cover images to your threads in the Creative Corner section. But we wouldn't be able to do separate sections in the same style of the anime titles. You would have to keep all your chapters in the one thread for now. Just due to limitations of the software package at the moment. Another option is, we could add a new section in the Articles section for fan fiction. I think the first option is better, the Articles section would be awkward with fan fiction. A way to allow members to customise their own theme? As in to change the colours and background image(s) ? If that's what you mean, then yes that might be possible, I'd have to look into it. We used to have a RP section, but it just wasn't used. Having said that, I'm totally open to reopening it if there is a strong interest from at least 2-3 members that would be willing to do a regular RP.
-
Hello there @Lunchmeat , welcome to Anime Forums.
-
Which of these two characters from Seraph of the End do you prefer? Smug-chan Shinoa Hiiragi from the Moon Demon Company? Or the cold Vampire Queen of Japan, Krul Tepes? These two are important characters because they support the two main characters! Shinoa helped to comfort Yu many times, even if she was very smug about it but certainly there was some bonding happening there. And of course on the vampire side, Mika was comforted by Krul. Maybe not in the same lovey way, and of course Krul was responsible for Mikaela's ahem... form. Whilst I love these two characters very much, Shinoa gets my vote due to her smug nature. How about you? (there are still very few official images of these two characters from the anime, so I had to create this one from two images!)
-
Hello $3x¥, welcome to Anime Forums. Wishing you a warm welcome and hope you enjoy your stay here.
-
This episode was very VERY tense and tight. Almost as if it was something you'd see in the final episode!! Nice and fluid combat scenes with the rear car being attacked! [MEDIA=gfycat]TatteredFairDore[/MEDIA] The scene with Ikoma licking Ayame's blood was touching. Finally I hope now at this stage everyone on board of the Kotetsujyo will put away their reservations against the Kabaneri.. But you know it's hard not to shake the similar vibes I'm getting from Tokyo Ghoul, with the whole hybrid thing with the Kabaneri vs Ghouls.
-
Anime topics that are generic enough to allow everybody to give their thoughts would be good candidates as is reflected now. I would like to add some more character polls for popular titles which I will try towards the end of this week. Currently it's manual. It can be automatic based on views, likes, etc. but at the moment I only want anime related ones for now. Ah yeah I felt it was better to highlight the thread blocks first... Is there anyone else here that feels the same way? Could review this again.
-
One idea I've been working on is the Featured Threads page: https://animeforums.net/threads/featured It is a compilation of (most) of the featured blocks/threads you see on the front page. Would be curious on what everyone's thoughts are on it. I am also open to suggestions on other anime discussion threads we could feature on there.
-
Currently Airing titles have been expanded - feel free to discuss if you're watching any of these series!
-
I personally found this starting episode of K-ON! to be bizarre. Seeing how absent-minded Yui was, but yet by the end of the episode it's clear her attitude was adorable. Even just the minor conflict of trying to convince Yui to stay in the club to avoid the club closing was great.
-
Hope you finish it soon. It's a great series. Then you'll be joining the rest of us wishing for a second series. :'(
-
Thought I'd update my progress. I've been using WaniKani almost everyday to help memorise kanji and vocabulary. It has been REALLY helpful as I can do the reviews during my lunch breaks at work and at places wherever I get a break as it's entirely web-based which I can use on my smartphone. Although Anki is similar in the idea of SRS (spaced repetition system), it takes time to set up the decks. Whereas with WaniKani it already has really good explanations and mnemonics through its reference and lessons. Currently I'm level 5 in WaniKani - I think if I keep this up regularly and start to work more on my Japanese grammar I should be in good shape for taking the JLPT N5 this year in December.
-
@Davis and I touched on the topic of indoor and outdoor jobs. Consider the pros and cons! Indoor jobs could include: Office / administration jobs Retail / customer service Many of these require dealing with lots of customers or clients... etc. Outdoor jobs could include: Field work Maintenance More prone to extreme weather changes... etc. I personally prefer office jobs, and as I work in ICT Support most of it has been indoors. But you know there are negatives. The main one being it just isn't really healthy being stuck at a desk 8 hours a day, with lunch being the only opportunity to get some decent fresh air. How about you? Do you prefer indoor or outdoor jobs?
-
This topic probably goes hand-in-hand with the Waifu thread. Though I believe we're missing a dedicated Husbando thread.
-
I've only watched the first two episodes so far - the mecha animations are underwhelming. The problem is, I am feeling underwhelmed due to watching Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans last season. Sunrise just seems to do it better than P.A. Works for mecha... Having said that, I do like the two main characters in Kuromukuro but yeah, just feeling underwhelmed..
-
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- General Discussion
Optic replied to Ryuji's topic in Anime Discussion
@Ryuji, @feelme - how are you two finding this title? Worth watching? -
So it seems the bottom slider wasn't updating with the most recent articles everyone has been writing, sorry about that >_
-
I'm up to Episode 7 of season 2 and my general thoughts thus far... Shinku's friends (aka the other heroes) are taking up too much screen time IMO. Less screen time for all our season 1 favourites. Millhiore and Eclair are as adorable as ever. Millhiore saying she loves Shinku is REALLY ADORABLE. But I feel the magic and suspense from Season 1 is not there. Shinku was totally immersed in the world of Flonyard when he was first summoned there by Millhiore and him learning how things worked and exploring the world was great. And that added dark twist towards the end of Season 1 along with Leo being cold towards Millhiore and that final showdown... brilliant! ... but now it just seems like a holiday resort in Season 2!! Needs some conflict to put those powers to better use!! Hoping there will be a more dark twist towards the end... in any case, it's nice to see everyone all three armies being friendly to each other. But yes, Season 1 will always be more memorable to me (unless Season 2 escalates towards the end?):
Anime Forums
A unique community of fans from around the world, who gather to share their fandom and love of anime, manga, gaming, fanart and at the cornerstone of it all, Japanese culture!
Take a moment to join us today and you'll have access to our member clubs and events too. Come join in the fun and become a part of our community.