Jump to content

brycec

AF Member
  • Posts

    1,992
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

Everything posted by brycec

  1. I find Live Chat to be great. I have a hard time understanding people over the phone, with things like accents and such, but my biggest reason for them, is that I can get a transcript. My Live Chat experiences have been good and fast, and much better than having to put in additional numbers.
  2. I discover music through anime and visual novels mainly, though You Tube sometimes helps too.
  3. How would you bring the world to an end? Would it be in everlasting peace, or making everyone suffer? If the latter, how would you cause that suffering?
  4. Ah, don't feel sorry for that. I think things have been much more lively here with you, as there are more discussions I actually want to participate in now that you are here. There were a few interesting topics here and there, but, other than Orius's topics, things were somewhat dull. I have found at least one other friendly place, but then I got dragged into a mess by mods and admin. Here, things seem a bit more stable, and I am happier for it.
  5. Interesting. This reminds me of a prank Steve Wozniak pulled off, according to his autobiography. He created a TV jammer and made life a living hell for professors and the class, as well as a few others.
  6. Welcome, MattxAJ. I hope you enjoy your time here. Everyone is friendly. I also liked two of your favorite anime quite a bit.
  7. Hasn't she done that already?
  8. I only have a PS2 and Wii (first gen). Kind of sad, but my PS2 controllers do not act right right now, and many games today are hard for me to play for various reasons.
  9. Google is your friend. If you use the define: prefix you can figure out what practically anything means. Essentially, I was asking if the calculator required a terminal emulator or if it ran in a window users could interact with easily. NetBeans is an IDE (Integrated Development Envirnoment). Really wish I could use HTML's abbr and acronym tags on forums.
  10. Interesting. Was that with GUI or CLI only? If GUI, than that is impressive. GUI programming in Java is ridiculous.
  11. As with many others, let us see how you answer this. Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck, and how would you claim victory?
  12. Java. I am no expert in the language, but I am most comfortable with that language. Nope, I have dabbled with Arch and did a LiveDVD of it, but it was neither of those, as they have somewhat good documentation. It was Void Linux. Not really. I did think of doing a Dominion Shuffler, but things get fairly complicated in that, since I could not really get configurations right. Usually, I do it when necessary, such as renaming iTunes files. My main source of income is writing anyway.
  13. I cannot. There are a lot of things I wish I can do, but cannot because of my disability. I myself might have been interested in checking it out, just to see how things work. Unfortunately, most I have done with only one hand is remove hard drives and put in RAM in a computer.
  14. I kind of hate helping friends and family with these matters, as they tend to cut into my busy time.
  15. I forgot. I made a few python scripts too: One that can export posts from Habari, so that they can be safely imported into another Habari site (Habari has import and export scripts, but I liked using SQL dumps, as I did not need to log in to a web interface) One that changes file extensions from one to another (e.g. M4V to MP4) One that goes through an SQLite database and exports content to HTML First two were my most impressive and were made cross-platform recently. I also created a shell script to produce EPUB files (only works on Mac/Linux/BSD environments).
  16. I'd say morning. If I am lucky, I can get dressed and ready to go, and get things out of the way, so that I can enjoy the rest of the day at my leisure. Not to mention I feel safer on the streets in the morning, whereas night I feel like I need to be on guard too much, and makes me feel uncomfortable.
  17. I setup a web server on my home network that was publicly accessible (not active any more) I made a layout that works on Habari and Ghost. I created two apps on Android and ported them to iOS (only Android versions are available now) I also tried creating a site in PHP, without a CMS. Created a Linux Live DVD using a distribution that had a script that was not exactly friendly for Linux newbies.
  18. I think you read it correctly the first time About the only thing that I can do is some formatting to make it clearer, or add in a few more words, but it will not change much (I opt for using bold and italics more than capitalization to denote things that need emphasis).
  19. brycec

    Thanks for the follow.

    1. zoop

      zoop

      I often forget about this feature due to the lack of apparent function on Xenforo. o_O

    2. brycec

      brycec

      I never even knew about the follow feature until I looked at a few profiles and saw the stats. You both are great though, you know that?

    3. zoop

      zoop

      Yay for greatness! :D

  20. I do not remember how old I was, but I was probably in Junior High, and did not know what anime was, or even how to pronounce it.
  21. Thanks to some encouragement from Cy~, I decided to change my user title.

    1. Cy~

      Cy~

      Yay~ :angel:

  22. Rogue Galaxy, huh? I liked that game a lot, and still have it. What is your favorite party in Rogue Galaxy?
  23. I certainly agree. I do not care whether I get male or female protagonists, but males have been done to death in this trope, and I think your idea sounds more interesting.
  24. Been there? I was born and raised there. Vegas is pretty nice. Only public transit is a bus, and maybe a monorail (not too sure how successful it is). I can get around quite well and have almost complete independence due to my familiarity. People are fairly nice too. In fact, one person offered their seat to me on the bus, when I could not find any (not only do I have a bad arm, but a bad leg too), and you can practically do anything there. I also have family, in the blood and paper sense, though they actually are a good family and seem like a real one, as well as a few people that I can consider family in the true sense there, even if they come across sometimes as people that I do not like (e.g. the kind that is trying to get me to be active in my church, beyond just going to talk to people, though I can probably say I enjoy talking with everyone here more, as I get the feeling of being better accepted for me). Plenty of things to do, no matter the interest, and not as sinful as people believe (the Vegas Strip is in Paradise, NV, not Vegas).
  25. How quickly would you retire if you an eight figure raise?
×
×
  • Create New...