Latest Acquisitions

The History Kid

On 8/29/2023 at 1:47 PM, samcait said:

That's a really cool shirt

Thanks.  I collect space-related stuff.  I have a rather large collection of lapel pins that I've been collecting for the past few decades.  (Something of an occupational hazard.)  Most of my collection is of the the lesser-known robotics missions, but I recently got some Artemis items as well from last year's mission.

The pins are the main thing but I also have t-shirts, baseball caps, mission patches & badges, and other etc.  Even a couple of lunch pails, a few Hot Wheels special edition (Mars rovers), and lego sets.  At least I think I still have the legos.  I may have given them to my brother's kids as I don't recall seeing them recently.  They may also just be buried in the garage or the back of the closet.  (I have a closet like the one in House:D )

IMG_2385.thumb.jpg.6fddce31f2b36dff9bac83f6a9bcfaf3.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 9:15 PM, Sakura said:

My sister brought me an old Digivice she had found in her room that hadn't been opened yet. It works like one of those nano pets that used to be popular lol Still works and came with the instruction manual and everything still in the box!

Hide contents

4CbofNT.png.7e0f1f5ca45fae81a7c9a26bc8515a6c.png 862lbQr.png.ddad980cac6e14d130486e939339fefd.png

Wait that’s so cool!

• Friendly 1

My brother’s kids requested stickers as necessary back-to-school accessories so I stopped in at the company store today.  Unfortunately they were out of stock on those but for myself I did pick up a new cap with all the NASA rovers in silhouette, a Mars Sample Return mission sticker, and an Artemis patch.  

On the cap that’s the Sojourner, Spirit, Opportunity, Curiosity, and Perseverance rovers, along with the Ingenuity drone/helicopter at the far right.

And yes that’s my Kerbal coffee mug off to the side there.

IMG_2386.thumb.jpeg.9226f73548b90692c2931b97d4080bc7.jpeg

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, efaardvark said:

My brother’s kids requested stickers as necessary back-to-school accessories so I stopped in at the company store today.  Unfortunately they were out of stock on those but for myself I did pick up a new cap with all the NASA rovers in silhouette, a Mars Sample Return mission sticker, and an Artemis patch.  

On the cap that’s the Sojourner, Spirit, Opportunity, Curiosity, and Perseverance rovers, along with the Ingenuity drone/helicopter at the far right.

And yes that’s my Kerbal coffee mug off to the side there.

IMG_2386.thumb.jpeg.9226f73548b90692c2931b97d4080bc7.jpeg

I really like that hat! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, efaardvark said:

A couple more T-shirts, both for the Mars Sample Return mission.  Couldn't decide on the color so I got both! 

When there's a choice of two and you can't decide which to get, buying both is a good plan because if you only buy one a bit later on you'll wish you'd got the other one, by which time it will be out of stock and no longer available.

• 3 months later...

A few things I got recently. A Kenshin anime plushie, the Peacemaker Kurogane box set on DVD and a few Inuyasha phone cases. The Kagome phone case matches my best friends, who has the Inuyasha one, and when you put them together it makes a heart 🥰

Spoiler

EYM8gef.jpg v3Fd1S6.jpg

S54UxLd.jpg

• Cool (Kakkoii) 2

I just wanted to mention the things I got for Christmas because I haven't really told anyone yet other than a close friend of mine.

I got:

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (I still need to finish Breath of the Wild though ^^; )

Metroid Prime Remastered

Nier Automata: The End of YoRHa Edition

Crysis Remastered Trilogy (Bought from eShop with a $50 gift card I also got)

(Those 6 games were for the Switch, but I'm so hooked on Nier Automata right now that I'm going to try to get every ending before I start to play one of the other games.)

Antman and the Wasp: Quantumania DVD

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero blu-ray

A 4 port hub for my Chromebook since the latter only has 1 USB port on it which has bummed me out for a long time and been problematic.

A 3rd 1 TB SSD for my Chromebook because I need a lot of space to put my stuff.

I think that was all of my presents, but I might also be forgetting one... I don't think I am though. lol

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 10:22 PM, viruxx said:

Got me another fountain pen... as if I don't have a dozen other pens already. :P 

spacer.png

Ooooo this one looks nice!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, viruxx said:

It's got some heft to it. Can't wait to try it out! 😁

Do you do calligraphy with these? 

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

Do you do calligraphy with these? 

It depends on the width of the nib. A few of my pens have 1.1mm "stub" nibs, and those produce broader strokes on paper. They could certainly be used for calligraphy. This is a quote from Aristotle I wrote out a little while back, as an example with a stub nib:

Spoiler

spacer.png

I'm not really a calligrapher, but I really wanted to revisit and use cursive whenever I write, not just when I'm signing my name on a document. Most of the pens I have are medium or fine nib, which are more suited to everyday writing. The pen pictured above has a fine nib, so the lines will be a bit thinner than they are in the quote here.

• Wow 1

16 hours ago, viruxx said:

It depends on the width of the nib. A few of my pens have 1.1mm "stub" nibs, and those produce broader strokes on paper. They could certainly be used for calligraphy. This is a quote from Aristotle I wrote out a little while back, as an example with a stub nib:

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

I'm not really a calligrapher, but I really wanted to revisit and use cursive whenever I write, not just when I'm signing my name on a document. Most of the pens I have are medium or fine nib, which are more suited to everyday writing. The pen pictured above has a fine nib, so the lines will be a bit thinner than they are in the quote here.

Ooo that's really pretty handwriting tbh. I've always wanted to write with one of these things because they look like they write so pretty lol I would probably accidentally stab myself with it though considering how accident prone I am LOL 🤭 I think I might actually have one of these that is Harry Potter themed somewhere but I'm not sure ~ 

9 hours ago, Sakura said:

Ooo that's really pretty handwriting tbh. I've always wanted to write with one of these things because they look like they write so pretty lol I would probably accidentally stab myself with it though considering how accident prone I am LOL 🤭 I think I might actually have one of these that is Harry Potter themed somewhere but I'm not sure ~ 

Thank you! It's not as smooth as I'd like, but it's better than my print handwriting. ^^ And nah, these pens are quite safe. The nibs aren't as sharp as they look. You should totally get one! I can't recommend them highly enough. xD If you ever find that HP pen, I'd like to see it. :)

Edited by viruxx

14 minutes ago, viruxx said:

Thank you! It's not as smooth as I'd like, but it's better than my print handwriting. ^^ And nah, these pens are quite safe. The nibs aren't as sharp as they look. You should totally get one! I can't recommend them highly enough. xD If you ever find that HP pen, I'd like to see it. :)

Well that's good, maybe I wouldn't die in a weird way after all  ~ I'm honestly not even sure it is a one, I think it is, but I haven't looked at it like a year so I don't even remember but for some reason I feel like it was lol 

14 hours ago, Sakura said:

Ooo that's really pretty handwriting tbh.

I'm always impressed with people who can write beautifully, my handwriting is so bad sometimes even I can't read it!

• Funny 2

I got a Sai Funko Pop and a Boruto plushie today! Totally in love with the Boruto plushie 💜 🥰

Spoiler

rkXd7hR.png

fL5aqsy.png 

VkvEoLP.png

Edited by Sakura
  • Friendly 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

On 2/3/2024 at 4:25 AM, Animedragon said:

I'm always impressed with people who can write beautifully, my handwriting is so bad sometimes even I can't read it!

I had to do a fair amount of practicing to get my handwriting back to that point, but I know exactly what you mean here. My handwriting is terrible when I have to scribble something down in a hurry.

18 minutes ago, Sakura said:

I got a Sai Funko Pop and a Boruto plushie today! Totally in love with the Boruto plushie 💜 🥰

Hide contents

rkXd7hR.png

fL5aqsy.png 

VkvEoLP.png

Those are really cool! 🤩

• Like 1

19 hours ago, viruxx said:

I had to do a fair amount of practicing to get my handwriting back to that point, but I know exactly what you mean here. My handwriting is terrible when I have to scribble something down in a hurry.

Those are really cool! 🤩

Thanks ^^ I want the MItsuki plushie but Boruto was all I could find for sale for now.