Latest Acquisitions

The History Kid

32 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

Rediscovered/recovered from the depths of my closet while doing some spring(ish)-cleaning.  Spoon!  :D

Tick_tshirt.thumb.jpg.e89dd12e3f173b16076dde59c20bde4f.jpg

But do you really want to admit to owning that T-shirt? 😃

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Animedragon said:

But do you really want to admit to owning that T-shirt? 😃

These days?  After the reboot(s) & live action destroyed the franchise?  No.  But back then I was watching stuff like Danger Mouse and Animaniacs.  I think that was also the era of Ren and Stimpy.  The Tick fit right in.  :D 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

While going round my local supermarket getting my weekly shopping I saw this on the shelf, we anime fans would know it better as Pocky, so I bought a packet to see if it's as good as the Real Pocky I got from a Japanese food shop when I was working in central London. And, yes it's pretty good, the only downside being that it's milk chocolate instead of plain.

Pocky.jpg.dad74082d7a4ff94356983647ff4f8d4.jpg

• Like 1

The nearby "Ralphs" supermarket (owned by Kroger and the market share leader here in SoCal) has a decently-stocked "asian" isle that includes actual Glico Pocky™️ in several flavors.  I occasionally snag a box of the matcha green tea flavor but I've seen chocolate banana, strawberry cream, cookies and cream, and of course chocolate there as well.

• Like 1

I got some strawberry Pocky from the aforementioned Japanese food store and from a stall at an anime con I attended, it was nice but my favourite is the dark chocolate flavour.  From the reactions of my friends and workmates when I've offered them some Pocky English people aren't really ready for the cullinary delights of Pocky.  They took one stick of Pocky and declined a second one.

Some relatives from out of state are visiting and one of them brought me a 3d dragon.  It is fully articulated; each segment, including the head, tail, and legs, are moveable.  It was probably printed as one piece because the segment links are solid.  Post-print cleanup & detailing must have been a PITA but as a result the finished product is solid and pretty impressive, though there's still quite a bit of 3d-printed artifacting when you get up close.  (I might try brushing it lightly with a bit of acetone to see if it softens and blurs out that last a little.)  It has some heft to it too.  No skimping on the infill here.  Props on the choice of color filament too.  Not sure if it was all from one spool or not (multicolored spools are a thing) but either way it worked out nice.

IMG_2366.thumb.jpg.1bcda55f7aba69fe6196702b9eb9896a.jpgIMG_2367.thumb.jpg.337a705dae8d4d3885e128c520afa236.jpgIMG_2368.thumb.jpg.f85b76dae4c35ec32f8aab91cf5d80cc.jpgIMG_2369.thumb.jpg.b9d8da873e4e83a52ab129cc25dd60da.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 7:48 PM, efaardvark said:

Got another sticker for the collection..

IMG_2365.thumb.jpeg.5a73a3f974ea55d9bd4d967b45c4706f.jpeg

Always love seeing what stickers, pins, hats, patches, etc. you acquire , they're always so cool and aesthetic in my opinion 🤣

• Like 1
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

I have been a huge fan of Heroquest from way back in its original run in the 80's. A couple years ago, I heard about the revival about 3 months too late, so I couldn't get involved in the crowdfunding and the new exclusive stuff, but my wife got me a copy of the original from someone local on Facebook, and ever since I've been getting all the new expansions. Just got the all new Rise of the Dread Moon a couple weeks ago, and already pre-ordered the new Path of the Wandering Monk character set that was shown off at GenCon a couple weeks ago.

I bought Devil May Cry 3 and Yu-Gi-Oh! RUSH DUEL: Dawn of the Battle Royale from the Nintendo eStore on my Switch. They were each $9.99 since they were on sale. The yugioh game was a good deal given its normal price.

Edited by Wild Emotion
  • Like 1

New Yu-Gi-Oh acrylic stand and my 2 new Yugi plushies 💜

I'm really happy about these~

Spoiler

IMG_8051.png.31cbe00fea194284c5eedca22677d8eb.png

IMG_8053.png.c18c8af496eaa2efdf409e1fac4b774c.png

Edited by Sakura
  • Like 2
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 2

My latest acquisition is a box of jubilee clips, perhaps not the most exciting acquisition, but a very useful one to enable me to repair the rose arch in the garden which suffered rather badly in the storms earlier in the year.

My sister brought me an old Digivice she had found in her room that hadn't been opened yet. It works like one of those nano pets that used to be popular lol Still works and came with the instruction manual and everything still in the box!

Spoiler

4CbofNT.png.7e0f1f5ca45fae81a7c9a26bc8515a6c.png 862lbQr.png.ddad980cac6e14d130486e939339fefd.png

• Like 2
  • Love it! (Daisuki) 1

23 hours ago, Sakura said:

My sister brought me an old Digivice she had found in her room that hadn't been opened yet. It works like one of those nano pets that used to be popular lol Still works and came with the instruction manual and everything still in the box!

Tamagotchi!  :)

• Like 1