Latest Acquisitions

The History Kid

On 2/17/2024 at 5:05 PM, Animedragon said:

Oooooooooooooooo Interesting!! Thanks for pointing this release out.  And what's even better is that there's going to be a UK release. I really liked this series, but the £50 pre-order price is a bit steep, but then again there's a lot in the package.

I think this is going to be one of those times when I'll buy something and regret it when I get my credit card bill, but I'll regret it even more if I don't take advantage of the pre-order price.

OK, so today I dragged my credit card out from where it was hiding and placed my order for this. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Akira - 25th Anniversary Edition on Bluray.

I've mentioned before that Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and Outlaw Star were the anime titles that took me further down the anime rabbit hole as a teenager, and for the most part they did. However, it was both Ninja Scroll and Akira that were my introduction to how bloody, gory and adult-themed anime could be. I watched NS sometime before I watched Akira, and then CB, Trigun and OS I discovered shortly thereafter on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim. I'm sure that compared to other titles that came before them, perhaps even some after, they might be considered rather mild. But for me, those were the first titles of that kind I ever saw.

• 2 weeks later...

My latest acquisition is a new pair of glasses. My vision hasn't changed that much so I could have got away with not having new glasses, but the old ones are 10 years old and have gained some scuffing on them, so I thought it was time I got a new pair. 👓

So far 2024 is turning out to be an expensive year and we're only two and a bit months into it.  😱

On 3/11/2024 at 5:27 PM, Animedragon said:

My latest acquisition is a new pair of glasses. My vision hasn't changed that much so I could have got away with not having new glasses, but the old ones are 10 years old and have gained some scuffing on them, so I thought it was time I got a new pair. 👓

So far 2024 is turning out to be an expensive year and we're only two and a bit months into it.  😱

Congratulations! New specs!

• Like 2

I've bought myself a new monopod. Monopods are a lot lighter and easier to carry about than a tripod but still provide a stable support for a video camera,  and when filming at railway stations they don't attract the attention of the platform staff who tend to complain about tripods causing an obstruction.

Personally, I think that suitcases, cycles and pushchairs are a bigger obstruction, but the platform staff don't see them like that.

Got yet another pin for my collection.  This one marks the end of the CloudSat mission / spacecraft, which is shutting down after almost 20 years in orbit and quite a few discoveries about how clouds affect the Earth's climate.  This one is a pretty nice one, with good detail on the solar panels and spacecraft body.  Two metal layers, the upper one fitted into a dug-out area on the lower one, give the pin a lot of texture too, as well as a bit of heft.

image.thumb.png.5ecb938aa81e8a87e7c5362562bb71b3.png

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Emotion Flux said:

Mom bribed me with a $35 gift card so I'd help her out today. lol She really didn't need to bribe me, but she does ice stuff for me like let me get games. She's the one I count on for games now. With that gift card I bought Anno: Mutationem and its $10 download content which totaled out at $35 minus the redeemed gold points I used to further reduce the cost. ^^ Time to play some Anno: Mutationem~ The demo was fun, so I hope the game is just as fun. ^^

Niceeee new games are woooo 

Spoiler

rbaiog7.jpeg HUgxVVb.jpeg

Since rewatching Fairy Tail lately I bought some Fairy Tail merch. The first one is Mavis x Zeref acrylic stands, and the second one is Juvia x Gray acrylic stands ^^

Spoiler

IhSjIE1.jpeg

I also bought this Zeref Funko Pop and I don't think I posted it yet. 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

12 hours ago, Emotion Flux said:

Congratulations!! I've got a feeling that you'll love it. ^^

Oh, I know I will! Already seen this one a few times. 

14 hours ago, Sakura said:
  Reveal hidden contents

rbaiog7.jpeg HUgxVVb.jpeg

Since rewatching Fairy Tail lately I bought some Fairy Tail merch. The first one is Mavis x Zeref acrylic stands, and the second one is Juvia x Gray acrylic stands ^^

Reveal hidden contents

IhSjIE1.jpeg

I also bought this Zeref Funko Pop and I don't think I posted it yet. 

I still want this Zeref pop 😅

• Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Zeref said:

I still want this Zeref pop 😅

You stay away from it XD
~ I want to get a few more of these Fairy Tail pops

• Funny 1

Got a replacement spinny drive for my NAS drive that's going bad..

image.thumb.png.ee77cf363b4cd05a612375911b6cc14b.png

.. and a second M.2 SSD for my computer..

image.thumb.png.28198c630ff27cea5fd3967d2db52d1f.png

Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

The postman delivered my latest acquisition this morning. My Place Further Than the Universe Blu-ray collector's edition box set. As well as the complete series on two Blu-ray disks it also came with two soundtrack CDs, a set of four postcards, a poster and a booklet.

So, no prizes for guessing what I'm going to start watching tomorrow.

APlaceFurtherthan-1.thumb.jpg.90e95ef02c66b4c51a4ea3a8d0ba509c.jpg

APlaceFurtherthan-2.thumb.jpg.e721d4f60d6a111029340f472b1e7b21.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Another Blu-ray disk arrived in the post this morning.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when I put it in my Bly-ray player, it's a Region A disk and the UK is in Region B and as far as I know my player is not multi-region.

DSC_0093.thumb.jpg.c5bd5a674167c6b4ab172d98474c115b.jpg

• Like 1

My first churchwarden pipe. I've always wanted to get one of these long-stemmed pipes, so I finally went looking and found this beauty. Can't wait to fire it up! 🔥💨

spacer.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, viruxx said:

My first churchwarden pipe. I've always wanted to get one of these long-stemmed pipes, so I finally went looking and found this beauty. Can't wait to fire it up! 🔥💨

spacer.png

Is this one you got at the show in Chicago or a different place?