Sign in to follow this  
Seshi

How Heavy are the Dumbbells You Lift

dumbbells.jpg.9475281bf475d072e050bf5c782a99c7.jpg

It astounds me, the amount of motivation one can get from watching others. Our habits, our everyday actions are partially influenced by what we allow ourselves to be around. That said, it seems like a good idea to watch something like an exercise based anime, given, you already watch anime, and enjoy spending your time watching shows anyway, what is there to lose? 

What do you think? Do you get anything from watching this type of anime? 

That aside, what are you thinking of this series so far?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I’m finding it pretty entertaining. Enough of the jokes work for me to keep it a decent comedy. And the fanservice isn’t overly ecchi most of the time. I could see some people complaining about it putting too much attention on body image for girls, but considering that the dudes look like they escaped from Attack on Titan I don’t think it’s too unequal 🤣

spacer.png

The surprise is how much time it spends trying to educate and promote healthy habits as well as providing so exercise tutorials that actually sound legit.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Like 2
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

The surprise is how much time it spends trying to educate and promote healthy habits as well as providing so exercise tutorials that actually sound legit.

Yea, I watched a review on it from a personal trainer, and he said he was surprised by how good it was too. There are flaws, apparently the manga explains things better. But for the most part, there’s some good info there.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Plus the MC makes it clear she has no desire to get “ripped”, she just wants a nice, healthy body.

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying this series so far, and I will probably pick the manga up once the anime has finished airing.

For me, the series so far has changed my perspective on my health and I'm starting to think differently about my motivation about keeping fit.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

Yes all the time but only little waits that is all. if i am doing bigger ones then i couldn't left them. wait what am i talking about anyway to answer your questions all them are yes.1379029397_tenor(2).gif.34404e8b2a0bf0043ed896b6e3fce924.gif

• Funny 2

5 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

I’m finding it pretty entertaining. Enough of the jokes work for me to keep it a decent comedy. And the fanservice isn’t overly ecchi most of the time. I could see some people complaining about it putting too much attention on body image for girls, but considering that the dudes look like they escaped from Attack on Titan I don’t think it’s too unequal 🤣

spacer.png

Full disclosure, I have not seen anything about this anime and this thread is first I've heard of it. 

But I keep looking at this GIF here and there's something concerning about that blood vessel in his bicep looking like it's going to pop. I know it does, realistically speaking, happen - but that will put you in the hospital. 😢 Please don't attempt more than you can handle! 

Posted (edited)

Putting the  scene in context, Sakura agrees 🤣

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Funny 2

7 hours ago, Seshi said:

dumbbells.jpg.9475281bf475d072e050bf5c782a99c7.jpg

Our habits, our everyday actions are partially influenced by what we allow ourselves to be around. That said, it seems like a good idea to watch something like an exercise based anime,

Word. 

To quote comedian Carlos Mencia, "How many guys leave the theater after watching a karate-based movie and are thinking, 'I wish somebody were to fuck with me right now."

Is it the same for girls?

9 hours ago, Nono said:

Word. 

To quote comedian Carlos Mencia, "How many guys leave the theater after watching a karate-based movie and are thinking, 'I wish somebody were to fuck with me right now."

Is it the same for girls?

No! 🤣 I could see my husband doing that though. I don’t get hype and think I’m strong after watching someone else kick butt. It’s more likely that I realize how much I don’t know

• Funny 1

Posted (edited)

I thought this about how much you can lift in real life. Though I have 35 pound dumbbells.  The guys look like they are from Baki the grappler 

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Serge heartless

Sakura’s motivation this week was having to run the anchor lap of the relay race at her school’s sports day (they called it field day at my school). It was a nice way to show that her exercise regiment is making a difference. Things wrap up with the girls having a test of endurance of sorts.

The fanservice seemed more prevalent this week, but still tame compared to truly ecchi series.

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

Silver haired Russian girl shows up & declares Sakura (Hibiki) to be her rival. Lots of stereotypical humor

spacer.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2019 at 12:29 AM, Serge heartless said:

I thought this about how much you can lift in real life. Though I have 35 pound dumbbells.  The guys look like they are from Baki the grappler 

hqdefault.jpg

Just found out this series is actually by the same mangaka as Kengan Ashura & is supposed to take place in the same world. Totally different style of show though :P .  Kure-sensei is the mother of one of Kengan Ashura’s characters

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Ohiotaku