Fears/anxieties/disorders?

Archaeowolf

I feel that as we get older, we face more and more responsibilities and commitments across family, friends and of course your own survival - career, job security and money. Combined with the constant load of full time work and having less free time (for anime!!) these days I feel this has given me mild anxiety.

I find I also get stressed easily, most likely due to all my current jobs relating to customer service in ICT. Most of the users I help out are quite good but at times perhaps I am too passionate and it hurts me when I can't solve their problem. If they feel frustrated I feel frustrated and upset too. I am doing my best to get this under control, as literally too much stress can start to make you physically ill.

That being said, I take mental health very seriously because I know how it feels to be told "just over it" or "you're making a big deal out of nothing". I think people should be more compassionate and understanding when it comes to mental health.

This is a great point. Indeed there is a lot of negative stigma around mental health.

• Like 2

All I need to say, is that if anyone has any problems at all, and this is anything from small to big, then just know that you can always talk to me. I will help any way I can!

After all, mental health is never taken seriously by modern society, and that needs to stop.

• 1 month later...

this is a pretty dead thread but i might aswell give my 2 cents (thats the phrase right?) I have depression and social anxiety with insomnia most of this is self diagnosed but i wouldnt say i have them if it honestly didnt feel like i did have them with several times being told to go to a therapist but to be honest im terrified of help because it might change me too much.

although this is a pretty negative thread I think there is something that could come of this so i wanted to explain the positives to depression if any of these people with it ever come back here, yes depression is a pretty stupid and annoying thing to deal with but it gives a new perspective on life its not just something holding u back its something to push you forward and get hurt less too. You can call it trust issues or whatever u want but if u avoid someone cus u have seen someone like them who will hurt u then avoid the pain simple untill they prove you wrong if u really want to know them.

when my sister had my nephew i hated him i felt so alone and angry for no reason and i couldnt understand that i was upset because he was getting the help he needed and i wasnt this was before i realised i didnt need help and would reject it because later on when my nephew grew up i saw his smile and it was so bright and happy like society hadnt killed him inside like it did me and that made me so fucking happy

i realised yes depression is a double edged sword but i can help someone else be happy and that helps me too so i ended up doing that im sorry this dragged on and seems like one of those annoying pricks on tv who pretend to have something and then try to make it positive saying the same old stuff but this would be my experiences with this stuff anyway

I've learned from depression who to and who to not trust, and how much to share with people up front, so in a way it does have positives

But for me depression is not something that was forced upon me by a chemical imbalance, my depression is based on various circumstances and facts.

although this is a pretty negative thread I think there is something that could come of this so i wanted to explain the positives to depression if any of these people with it ever come back here, yes depression is a pretty stupid and annoying thing to deal with but it gives a new perspective on life its not just something holding u back its something to push you forward and get hurt less too.

same could be said about social anxiety

although it makes it harder for you to communicate with people, it also makes you more independent in a way since you learn to rely on yourself (cause to freaked out to ask for help :>) at least that's how it's worked for me. Social interactions are making me nervous and all so I don't do them. I do what I have to do myself and honestly, this is much better for me and gives me a bit of a confidence boost cause I know I can pretty much get myself through anything if I try hard enough

• Agree 1

dont really suffer from anything but I get hyper very quickly and have trouble staying still. I was also depressed for a short time too.

I wanted to pass my exams with amazing results and my parents put so much pressure on me. I started to panic and my school sat ne in my exams early but 1 year. I refused to sit cuz I wasnt ready and in the end I sat it. When the results came I was torn apart because it wasn't as good as I thought. I'm very competitive so I wanted to be the best and it hurt. I cried a lot and was really cut off from lots of people. My parents were supportive but they made so many jokes about it and I cant handle the topic. My biggest fear is failing and I cant handle it. I've tried to get back up and I have. I pushed myself harder but its still there. I get weird dreams of failing life and not getting anywhere and I don't know who to talk to because I don't want to be judged.....

This is like the best place to talk to be honest.

WE ARE NEVER ALONE. We have each other !!!!!!! Never give up guys ......

• Agree 1

To be honest, I have no anxieties or any form of disorder (Apart from insomnia, but that's a different subject ;))

I have found that since my life has been super rubbish up until this year, the sudden turn around has made me realize that no mater how bad life throws rubbish your way, you will always clime over it. Its how we all live on a day to day basis.

In fact, I don't think negatively about anything anymore (Except politics, which I have no interest in what so ever. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss in that sense. I mean, I would like to be politically informed, but I also want to live a happy life. See the problem?)

Anyway, i'm just going to say, if anyone needs to share any problems, or needs someone to talk to, i'm always open for discussion ^_^

After all, we are all human, right? (Well, you guys are anyway. I'm a cyborg, so its a bit different on this end ;))

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not going to get too into detail, but I do feel like I suffer from general anxiety and have for quite a long time. As a child, I had severe social anxiety. I spoke, almost in a whisper, to anyone except close family... Had an extremely difficult time making friends. I could not stand up in front of my class to talk, without breaking out in a rash, or almost passing out. In college, I dropped out of my required speech class after the first day because I had to stand up and talk about myself. I couldnt stop thinking about having to get up in front of everyone. As an adult, I feel like my social anxiety is manageable, however, I still have an easier time with phone conversations, text, email versus actually confronting people face to face.

It was actually my first job that kind of forced me to relate with people, talk to people, ect. So I guess it was kind of a therapy? I dunno.

I still get anxiety over little things, sometimes snowballing them into larger things. But I feel overall, more in control of them than I use to.

Anyway, I feel like these types of things get pushed aside by people as not being real issues... But I feel like they are. I hope everyone is doing better and if anyone ever needs to talk, I'll listen.

Edited by Guest

This is actually a subject that's been front and center in my life recently

Since I can remember I've always had anxiety. I don't really know what triggers it, but from what I can tell it's if I'm in the middle of a large crowd of unfamiliar people or walking in a crowded area. Like I'm always worried that I'll run into someone which then causes me to run into someone. Recently I've been suffering from depression. I realized it was being caused by the type of people I was hanging out with, but I did end up figuring out who I should hang out with, and now I have a great group of friends that except me and make me happy. Now I'm trying to figure out exactly what's wrong and how I can become happier and more motivated. Being depressed is very horrible because it caused me to be way less motivated than I tend to be. Now I'm doing a lot better, but I feel very lonely a lot of the time and I have trouble sleeping at night because even though it's summer I'm just always thinking of what I need to do, but I put it off even though it causes me anxiety.

I actually joined this forum to try and feel better, and I really feel like it's starting to help. Now the one thing I need to start working on is getting myself to do what I need to do and stop putting it off. I've started to see a counselor and I'm hoping that it will help me, but for now I'm working on it.

As for fears I'm afraid of being alone and not living life how I want. I don't want to grow up and live behind a desk. I want to go on adventures with friends and get into cultures and join protests and go to pride parades. I just want to be with people that care about be and experience things. I'm afraid I won't. I'm also afraid of lice and hornets xD

• Like 1

This is actually a subject that's been front and center in my life recently

Since I can remember I've always had anxiety. I don't really know what triggers it, but from what I can tell it's if I'm in the middle of a large crowd of unfamiliar people or walking in a crowded area. Like I'm always worried that I'll run into someone which then causes me to run into someone. Recently I've been suffering from depression. I realized it was being caused by the type of people I was hanging out with, but I did end up figuring out who I should hang out with, and now I have a great group of friends that except me and make me happy. Now I'm trying to figure out exactly what's wrong and how I can become happier and more motivated. Being depressed is very horrible because it caused me to be way less motivated than I tend to be. Now I'm doing a lot better, but I feel very lonely a lot of the time and I have trouble sleeping at night because even though it's summer I'm just always thinking of what I need to do, but I put it off even though it causes me anxiety.

I actually joined this forum to try and feel better, and I really feel like it's starting to help. Now the one thing I need to start working on is getting myself to do what I need to do and stop putting it off. I've started to see a counselor and I'm hoping that it will help me, but for now I'm working on it.

As for fears I'm afraid of being alone and not living life how I want. I don't want to grow up and live behind a desk. I want to go on adventures with friends and get into cultures and join protests and go to pride parades. I just want to be with people that care about be and experience things. I'm afraid I won't. I'm also afraid of lice and hornets xD

I hope you find what you're looking for! Never stop working for your goals~ it sounds strange, but I was in a bit of a funk similar. I guess you can say there's days im still a bit off. I also joined this forum hoping it would help me a bit... and you know, it really did. I met some people here that really have impacted my life in a positive way. ^_^ It's strange how someone you've never even met can relate to you so deeply. But also, never give up on the friends around you! They can be your rock and very important in your life. I know it can be hard to motivate yourself, but never give up. There's always a brighter future around the corner, but only if you want it. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Optimistic 1