You stopped believing in Santa?

Nebulous

By the time I was 7 or 8 I had a fairly good suspicion that Santa didn't really exist.

What confirmed my suspicion was one Christmas Day when the whole family was at my grand parent's house and my father said he had to go out somewhere* and about half an hour later Santa arrived on the doorstep. The red suit and plastic facemask didn't fool me for a moment, my two younger cousins were fooled though.

ย 

* this was so obviously false, back then nothing, absolutely nothing, was open on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, so there was nowhere for my father to go.

• Like 1

Why would I ever stop believing in Santa? If you don't put out the milk and cookies the elves come and take you away.ย  The Catholic church failed to get rid of himย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Favorite Friends โ€“ Optipess

Edited by Clayton

• 2 months later...

I don't think I every really believed, because he was different every time I 'met' him in his grotto at various shops.ย  When I was about 5 or 6 'he' came to my grandparents house with presents for my cousins and I, the plastic mask and funny voice didn't fool me for a moment.

• 2 weeks later...

If you think about it, you have to be good for 365 straight days. believe in Santa. Not be inaย  position where having the present would just get it taken from you or otherwise get you into trouble. And somebody else hasn't already gotten it for you.

ย 

The man has maybe 6 stops a year, mostly to children under 4.ย 

My parents were awful at keeping the truth from me and I'd constantly hear something about how the presents were already there or they were going to get them and I can't even remember when I had last believed. I think I was aware at least that when I first watched polar express it was fictional so I am pretty sure I was at least 6 or 7 lol

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 2:17 AM, Imperfection said:

My parents were awful at keeping the truth from me and I'd constantly hear something about how the presents were already there or they were going to get them and I can't even remember when I had last believed. I think I was aware at least that when I first watched polar express it was fictional so I am pretty sure I was at least 6 or 7 lol

The truth that you were on the naughty list?ย 

2 hours ago, Clayton said:

The truth that you were on the naughty list?ย 

Naw I was a fantastic kid, didn't even swear and did all my chores and got an A in conduct all the time. I was afraid of even saying pee in class cuz I thought I'd get my name written on the board. Surely that isn't why Santa never came to visit me.

I'm terrifying now and absolutely naughty so I know Santa won't ever visit me now but I still ain't recieve coal so something ain't holding up

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2024 at 7:37 PM, Imperfection said:

Naw I was a fantastic kid, didn't even swear and did all my chores and got an A in conduct all the time. I was afraid of even saying pee in class cuz I thought I'd get my name written on the board. Surely that isn't why Santa never came to visit me.

I'm terrifying now and absolutely naughty so I know Santa won't ever visit me now but I still ain't recieve coal so something ain't holding up

That means Krampus is coming instead....

ย 

ย 

I don't remember ever believing in Santa. My parents would label some gifts as from Santa but I always felt like Santa wasn't real.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

spacer.png

โ€œFrom Santaโ€™s point of view, we never grow upโ€ - Mr. Villainโ€™s Day Off episode 8

Technically Jesus is actually a bastard.

ย 

But what about your faith interferes with Santa? King Solomon had genies for crying out loud. The bible references witches, dragons, griffins, other legit gods, and much more.ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Clayton

• 2 weeks later...

Around 5 I stopped believing in him when I started in school. My parents still tried to carry it on until I was 7 or 8 I think and would label presents as from Santa.ย