WiFi Names

Sakura

Have you named your wifi anything clever or funny? I see a lot of funny ones lately so what's yours? Or what is a funny one you've seen before?
My current wifi is called "I believe Wi Can Fi". I'm not very good at clever names but I saw it somewhere and thought it was funny so used it for my own. 

• Funny 2

Mine are typically boring, like the "den wifi" that I'm using for - wait for it - the access point in the den.  I've seen some funny ones though.  If I were going to pick a funny one it would probably be something like "Extremely Slow Wi-Fi You Don’t Want to Use", "Not the Wi-Fi You’re Looking For", or "Nacho Wi-Fi".  Or maybe something like "Not an FBI Surveillance Van", "The Wi-Fi That Shall Not Be Spoken", "Wi Fi Fo Fum", or "The Web of Lies".  :D 

BTW these are
all ones I've seen, not my own originals.  Well, except for the den one.  (Which probably isn't original either come to think of it.)

Edited by efaardvark
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, efaardvark said:

Mine are typically boring, like the "den wifi" that I'm using for - wait for it - the access point in the den.  I've seen some funny ones though.  If I were going to pick a funny one it would probably be something like "Extremely Slow Wi-Fi You Don’t Want to Use", "Not the Wi-Fi You’re Looking For", or "Nacho Wi-Fi".  Or maybe something like "Not an FBI Surveillance Van", "The Wi-Fi That Shall Not Be Spoken", "Wi Fi Fo Fum", or "The Web of Lies".  :D 

BTW these are
all ones I've seen, not my own originals.  Well, except for the den one.  (Which probably isn't original either come to think of it.)

I've seen the "Not an FBI Surveillance Van" ones a bunch 🤣

Web of Lies is a funny one XD

I've seen some like "2girls1Wifi", "Yer a Wifi Harry", and "99 Problems but Wifi ain't one" before too which I thought were great lol ~

• Funny 1

I've seen "One wifi to rule them all", "Begin loading viruses?", and "Hot single Wifis in your area". My parents have a weirdly named one, I set it up as "Mom click this one" so she would know which one to use lol. Mine isn't special right now, just the generic one it got set up with.

• Funny 2

6 hours ago, Sasuke said:

I've seen "One wifi to rule them all", "Begin loading viruses?", and "Hot single Wifis in your area". My parents have a weirdly named one, I set it up as "Mom click this one" so she would know which one to use lol. Mine isn't special right now, just the generic one it got set up with.

There used to be a similar one at my dad's called "use this mom" or something like that, that my step-brother had set up for my stepmom 🤣

• Funny 1
  • Cool (Kakkoii) 1

On 1/22/2024 at 5:32 PM, Sasuke said:

I got nice idea for my WiFi  

• Cool (Kakkoii) 1

On 1/22/2024 at 5:35 PM, Sakura said:

There used to be a similar one at my dad's called "use this mom" or something like that, that my step-brother had set up for my stepmom 🤣

Easiest way to explain it to a parental unit.

6 minutes ago, animechat said:

I got nice idea for my WiFi  

Which are you using?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sasuke said:

Easiest way to explain it to a parental unit.

Which are you using?

Ya NGL if you try to give them something like "It's ATT2294T43UI7" they aren't going to remember that lol

• Funny 1

14 hours ago, Sakura said:

Ya NGL if you try to give them something like "It's ATT2294T43UI7" they aren't going to remember that lol

I've even had to remind mine once that hers is the one that says mom on it.

• Funny 1

7 hours ago, Sasuke said:

I've even had to remind mine once that hers is the one that says mom on it.

Oh Lord XD
My dad tbh is pretty good at this stuff, but my mom isn't. She kind of goes into one of those rages about technology when you try to explain something to her so I try to keep it simple and basic ~

• Funny 1

On 1/26/2024 at 6:42 PM, Sakura said:

Oh Lord XD
My dad tbh is pretty good at this stuff, but my mom isn't. She kind of goes into one of those rages about technology when you try to explain something to her so I try to keep it simple and basic ~

That's best in some situations. I have to give credit to my parents and even grandparents however for being pretty welcoming of learning new technologies. Even though they don't always get it, they try.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sasuke said:

That's best in some situations. I have to give credit to my parents and even grandparents however for being pretty welcoming of learning new technologies. Even though they don't always get it, they try.

My mom just doesn't, I mean she tries but then she gets angry and yells at whoever is helping so it makes it difficult to want to lol ~ My dad is more of the technology person I guess, at least he understands  most of it or tries. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

My mom just doesn't, I mean she tries but then she gets angry and yells at whoever is helping so it makes it difficult to want to lol ~ My dad is more of the technology person I guess, at least he understands  most of it or tries. 

My father was the tech person, I had to buy him his own computer so I could get him off mine!

My mother on the other hand was not a tech person, just turning on the TV and selecting a channel was too much for her.

15 hours ago, Animedragon said:

My father was the tech person, I had to buy him his own computer so I could get him off mine!

My mother on the other hand was not a tech person, just turning on the TV and selecting a channel was too much for her.

Sounds like my mom too lol When she had to get a smart TV I thought she was going to lose her mind.. she still has a flip phone and not a smart phone or anything like that lol 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sakura said:

Sounds like my mom too lol When she had to get a smart TV I thought she was going to lose her mind.. she still has a flip phone and not a smart phone or anything like that lol 

Neither of my parents had mobile phones, although my father had my one for short while but never really got the hang of using it and eventually the SIM card expired from lack of topping-up.

On 1/28/2024 at 1:45 AM, Sakura said:

I don't mind explaining it, I understand that their generation didn't grow up with all the new tech we have today and it can be hard to learn, but it's difficult to do that when the other person is getting angry. It makes you feel like you don't want to help. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sasuke said:

I don't mind explaining it, I understand that their generation didn't grow up with all the new tech we have today and it can be hard to learn, but it's difficult to do that when the other person is getting angry. It makes you feel like you don't want to help. 

Trying to show someone how to operate something the way it's supposed to be operated rather than how they think it should it should be operated can be a uphill task.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Neither of my parents had mobile phones, although my father had my one for short while but never really got the hang of using it and eventually the SIM card expired from lack of topping-up.

I honestly think mobile phones are pretty easy to understand if you take a little bit of time to understand them and really convenient too. 

10 hours ago, Sasuke said:

I don't either. When I worked in tech support that's about all I did lol but even making it simple as possible such as with Wifi if someone doesn't wanna learn it they are just going to get mad x.x 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Trying to show someone how to operate something the way it's supposed to be operated rather than how they think it should it should be operated can be a uphill task.

Or someone who has no interest in trying to learn.

• Like 1

That annoys me too, when someone askes you to explain something, you do, and then they don't want to really learn it. 

• Like 1

Honestly, my home wifi is just my surname, but my hot spot for mobile data is "You're Welcome" 

• Like 1