☆Wicked's Chat Corner!☆

xWickedNekox

Weird, your post did not show until now, even though it said you were to have the most recent post here. 😕

Oh well, probably a glitch it the system.

Things are good here. Wasting away the last day of the vacation sitting here.

Hm that is odd o-o

Ah that does sound nice, vacations are always nice. I don't have one again until June :/ 

Oh it's rainy where you are as well @Seshi?

Edited by Sofi
  • Like 1

June is right around the corner! Plan early and you’ll have a great time.

I want to get a log cabin and go camping this Autumn. 

The rain was supposed to start an hour ago and hasn’t shown yet but the winds are like 40mph and thunderstorms and chance of tornados 

1 minute ago, Seshi said:

Is the weather preventing you from going out? Or are you choosing to stay in on purpose?

Both parties here are being lazy, so nothing is stopping us from going anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Seshi said:

Im stuck in getting away from a thunderstorm.

You should be able to go to the thunder storn and say "My name is [insert name]. You ruined my day. Prepare to die!" 🤣

5 minutes ago, Sofi said:

Ah that does sound nice, vacations are always nice. I don't have one again until June :/ 

Is it because of school?

Regardless of answer, that's too bad.

@Seshi - We have the same thing here, It's been storming all day, but no potential tornadoes yet, which is odd. It's really cold now though.

@brycec - No, I am not in school anymore. My next work vacation is in June.

@Banri - That's good ^^ I wish I could say the same. It's cold/rainy and I am so sick today I had to skip on work which sucks ;/ 

It's overcast over here, which disappointed the person who has the habit of turning on the tv, even though they play on their phone or tablet.

Oh wait, looks like we might do something after all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banri said:

@Sofi hope you get well soon

* offers you a hot drink *

tumblr_nzccbprCi41ulz69fo1_500.gif.228a7d329030bca19f5b84e8b4b28c20.gif

That looks so delicious I could use one of those right now ;-; Bad thing about living alone now - no parents to bring me hot soup and things in bed xD

2 minutes ago, brycec said:

That's what I thought, though you never really said so in conversations with me.

Yeah, just work now. I miss all the breaks I used to get in school lol you don't realize how nice that is until that time is gone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sofi said:

Yeah, just work now. I miss all the breaks I used to get in school lol you don't realize how nice that is until that time is gone.

That's true, though in my case, I kind of hate the schools more, knowing that most of the stuff I learned there was useless, like almost anything beyond algebra.

Only good thing about it was that I did not really see how obvious it was that my time and my employer's time was wasted by stable jobs.

That's true, though in my case, I kind of hate the schools more, knowing that most of the stuff I learned there was useless, like almost anything beyond algebra.

Only good thing about it was that I did not really see how obvious it was that my time and my employer's time was wasted by stable jobs.

Lol yeah it kind of is. I don't think I have used anything at all that I learned in school at my job except basic math on the rare occasion I am working in our chat department and someone asks me a question about their billing statements. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sofi said:

Lol yeah it kind of is. I don't think I have used anything at all that I learned in school at my job except basic math on the rare occasion I am working in our chat department and someone asks me a question about their billing statements. 

Let's not forget about the myth of the degree being that appealing.

The degree will only tell your perspective employers that you can learn what you need to learn, not that you know what they expect you to know.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brycec said:

Let's not forget about the myth of the degree being that appealing.

The degree will only tell your perspective employers that you can learn what you need to learn, not that you know what they expect you to know.

I don't have one in the field I am in. They hired me based off my freelance work lol I got very, very lucky.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brycec said:

That is lucky. I would probably stay freelance, if something like that did come up and I ever started looking through freelancing opportunities again.

I debated it but the idea of a stable job was more appealing since I wanted to get my own house and things and stop living at home. I still do some freelance work as well.

Just now, Sofi said:

I debated it but the idea of a stable job was more appealing since I wanted to get my own house and things and stop living at home. I still do some freelance work as well.

I see that makes sense, though the stability is questionable, for obvious reasons.

Next, they should give you a raise of SSCG(3) dollars, that way, you would not need to worry if the company bites the dust.

I see that makes sense, though the stability is questionable, for obvious reasons.

Next, they should give you a raise of SSCG(3) dollars, that way, you would not need to worry if the company bites the dust.

I'm not too particularly worried about that happening, if something like that does happen the experience that I've had from this job in IT would make it possible to find another one. But I get amazing benefits as well at this one from free cable/internet/tv/mobile to a really nice 401k and amazing health care. Plus free gym membership (which I never use lol). I really need to take advantage of our benefits more now that I think about it because we offer so many that I ignore ;c

• Awesome (Sugoi) 2

8 minutes ago, brycec said:

That sounds really nice.

I would probably ignore the gym benefits myself, since I would walk or take the bus wherever I go though.

I walk back and forth to work since I only live about 15 minutes away by foot and the majority of the walk is through a really nice park so especially at this time of year when things are blooming it's a lovely walk. I keep telling myself I will use our gym or pool but I never do.. I'm always tired after work, I don't want to get up early and go before work, and I don't much like the idea of going into work on a day off to use it lol. 

• Like 2

Sounds perfect @Sofi I’d love to have all those benefits myself. Mostly dental and medical should be taken advantage of for sure though.

@brycec y’all know that Bruce Lee walked everywhere and always took the stairs and commented one of his books that it was a planned part of his fitness routine:

"Everyday opportunities for exercise
# Take a walk whenever you can - like parking the car a few blocks away from your destination.
# Avoid taking the elevator; climb the stairs instead.
# Cultivate your quiet awareness by imaging your opponent attacking you - while you are sitting, standing, or lying down, etc. - and counter the attack with various moves. Simple moves are the best.
# Practice your balance by standing on one foot to put your clothes or shoes on - or simply stand on one foot whenever you choose."

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, brycec said:

Use it during break. Lunch should normally be the longest of the breaks.

Mm yeah but by that time I'm starving and all I can think about is eating everything in sight in the cafe lol. 

@Seshi - I do have those but I rarely use them. I don't get sick often - unless you count today which is just a bug - and I rarely go get my eyes checked. I do go to the dentist like once a year but I avoid it lol. 

Edited by Sofi
  • Funny 1