☆Wicked's Chat Corner!☆

xWickedNekox

4 hours ago, xWickedNekox said:

I know lol... I can't help it... >_<

I'm tired but good thanks... How about yourself?...

Aside from being annoyed the television was turned on (the person who turns it on tends to use her phone or iPad the whole time while the tv is), things have been good.

I am visiting San Diego and did something different for once. We seemingly always do the same things whenever I come, and that gets a little boring, even if the weather is nicer.

17 minutes ago, brycec said:

Aside from being annoyed the television was turned on (the person who turns it on tends to use her phone or iPad the whole time while the tv is), things have been good.

That’s annoying to me as well. I’m like.. if you’re gonna put a boring movie on at least watch it

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Seshi said:

That’s annoying to me as well. I’m like.. if you’re gonna put a boring movie on at least watch it

Right. I suggested to them that they could log into their Amazon account to rent a movie I knew they wanted to see, hoping they would actually watch it, but they said no, as they did not want to spend money.

The reason was fine and acceptable, but they did have credit for Amazon, so they would not have spent a dime, though we would need to check the balance first.

Usually, I tune it out with my wireless headphones.

14 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I think that's whats wrong with everyone these days. People can't function without a hand held device, to just sit and watch and do something as simple as watch a movie is heard from some; me included.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, King_Sama said:

I think that's whats wrong with everyone these days. People can't function without a hand held device, to just sit and watch and do something as simple as watch a movie is heard from some; me included.

Saddest thing is that this includes a few people of the older generations, which is what I am dealing with here.

People keep complaining about millennials here and there, as if talking about all millennials, but everyone has issues.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, brycec said:

Saddest thing is that this includes a few people of the older generations, which is what I am dealing with here.

People keep complaining about millennials here and there, as if talking about all millennials, but everyone has issues.

That's very true. When i visit my mother there is no possible way i can pull her away from her laptop and phone. Sometimes both at the same time. Sad

• Like 1

I'm not usually in this corner of the woods, but regarding the phone thing I'd like to chime in (or rant).

It's really difficult nowadays to talk to people normally for more than a few minutes. Their attention is always divided between checking their phone and the conversation. I suppose to them it seems like a shorter time, but while they are reading their latest whatsapp text I'm sitting there waiting until they are finished. I wouldn't mind if people could actually do both at the same time or if after reading they could simply continue the train of thought they had, but most people can't. And ignoring sound notifications even if the conversation is interesting for both, seems to be too difficult for most. I never had a smartphone (yeah I know that's uncommon) so I can't check my own messages while they check theirs. But then again, I don't think it's too much of a conversation if everyone is checking their phones every few seconds. When I take my time to talk to someone, I actually take my time for them and not try to get multiple things done.

This turned into much more of a rant than I'd thought 😂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

I'm not usually in this corner of the woods, but regarding the phone thing I'd like to chime in (or rant).

I was wondering why you showed up, but it is fine. The way this thread has been going people come and go.

6 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

It's really difficult nowadays to talk to people normally for more than a few minutes. Their attention is always divided between checking their phone and the conversation. I suppose to them it seems like a shorter time, but while they are reading their latest whatsapp text I'm sitting there waiting until they are finished. I wouldn't mind if people could actually do both at the same time or if after reading they could simply continue the train of thought they had, but most people can't. And ignoring sound notifications even if the conversation is interesting for both, seems to be too difficult for most. I never had a smartphone (yeah I know that's uncommon) so I can't check my own messages while they check theirs. But then again, I don't think it's too much of a conversation if everyone is checking their phones every few seconds. When I take my time to talk to someone, I actually take my time for them and not try to get multiple things done.

I think the trouble lies in how we cannot really multitask, even when we think we are good at it.

The truth of the matter is that when we are multitasking is that we constantly switch from one task to another in quick succession, and that can make it difficult to keep our minds on things, and because of that, I am annoyed by the multitasking just as much as the constant phone/tablet use.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Illusion of Terra said:

This turned into much more of a rant than I'd thought 😂

I didn't so much get a rant out of this, rather someone getting an annoying subject off their chest. I gotta say you are better than me, if someone is on their phone in front of me constantly I'd tell them to get off their or I'd just walk away. It's freakin rude.

• Like 1

I do not really care too much myself, as long as they respect my need for solitude, and does not make a big deal out of my introverted tendencies.

I usually give people my full attention, at least when I am in the mood to talk or actually doing something, but I will utilize my phone to look things up if necessary.

If I am not interested in talking and there is no reason for me to pay attention to things, then I am probably just as guilty of the things that annoy me (sans the tv one, of course, since I only pay attention to one screen at a time).

Edited by brycec
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, xWickedNekox said:

But baking and eating sweets makes me happy... XD

Yes please!... XD

I know lol... I can't help it... >_<

I'm tired but good thanks... How about yourself?...

Yes!... There is lots of cake... *points over to a table with cakes on it*...

Hello!... :3

Yes, I have baked all types of cakes and other sothes for this thread!...

That cake looks yummy!... ♡_♡

Awshummm, I will eat the table and the cake~

2 hours ago, brycec said:

Have you tried the concoction that I told you about last night, Sofi?

Hopefully, it was not difficult to manage. 🤣

I have not 😧

40 minutes ago, Sofi said:

I have not 😧

What? You were in high spirits to have an eatable version of the Milky Way galaxy that was a 1:1 scale.

You better go find it, since I did say it would be ready by now. 🤣

• Friendly 1
  • Cute (Kawaii) 1

5 minutes ago, brycec said:

What? You were in high spirits to have an eatable version of the Milky Way galaxy that was a 1:1 scale.

You better go find it, since I did say it would be ready by now. 🤣

Fell asleep and totally missed it ;-; I will definitely go try that cake~!