The show staff have OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED that LELOUCH IS DEAD. They have been repeating this for 10 years. This was confirmed in interviews, live commentaries, tweets, the official guide book, the new epilogue they made (2009), and the sequel's name is even "Lelouch of the Resurrection". (Mind you, the sequel is a single movie and not a season, and it's part of the recent movies' alternate universe, but Lelouch's fate is identical in R2 and the movies!)
There's a Code Geass community database on reddit which gathered all the information we have, all the official statements, etc, and then goes over the code theories' points and shows how they are contradicted by the anime itself. The anime itself makes it impossible for Lelouch to have the code.
It's a long post, but any Code Geass fan will want to read it.
As an example, here is an excerpt from "Geass Memories", a series of tweets made at the 10 year Code Geass anniversary which talked about how they made the anime 10 years earlier:
- "Before I started writing the story of a person called Lelouch, I confirmed with Taniguchi-director something. That thing was that THE END OF LELOUCH WILL BE DEATH."
- "At least he is aware of his sins and pays for them with HIS DEATH."
- "This man called Lelouch will pay for his sins by HIS DEATH. The story follows him till he finally make this decision."
- "Probably this Lelouch we see in the first episode of the series wouldn't CHOOSE DEATH. He would try something to avoid it. He couldn't DIE, for Nunnally as well. But we see him changed in the last episode."
Another example, this one from the official guide book which clarifies the Zero Requiem:
- "For those two who bear the heavy sin known as killing their fathers, they share the belief that they can forgive each other by imposing the greatest punishments on themselves. Death for Lelouch who wishes for a tomorrow with his sister, life for Suzaku who wishes to atone for his sins through death."
Picture of that page in the guide book
Many many many more can be found in the Code Geass community database.
You're not alone. Whenever, forever.
Yuuta Hibiki is a first-year student in high school living in Tsutsujidai. One day, he wakes up without his memories. Yuuta later meets Hyper Agent GRIDMAN who is inside an old computer. GRIDMAN tells him to fulfill his purpose. Yuuta's quest to understand the meaning behind those words and to find his memories begins. While all of this is sudden, Yuuta has helpful assistance from his classmates, Shou Utsumi, Rikka Takarada, and Akane Shinjou, but...
Those peaceful days are destroyed mercilessly by a monster that suddenly appears.
(Source: Tsuburaya Productions)
Natural disasters have devastated planet Zi, killing off almost all life. A thousand years later humans have gradually re-established civilization, salvaging ancient Zoids through diving and mining efforts. In a village whose most previous item is a giant sword which they worship as a holy symbol. A teenage boy discovers an ancient Liger-type Zoid while on a deep water salvage operation. Suddenly the village is attacked by skeletal Bio-Zoids intent on stealing a powerful generator located in the village. Our teenage hero awakens the Liger and discovers that the town`s sacred sword is the Liger`s weapon, together they fight off the mysterious Bio-Zoids. At least for now...