Today is Anime Day 2019

Seshi

Every April 15th since 1912 The world has celebrated Anime Day!

Share the hashtag #AnimeDay on your favorite social media outlet to bring awareness to Anime and keep this wonderful tradition alive.

With that being said - post a picture here of your favorite Anime and give us a short story of how you first got into this unique art form. Did someone introduce anime to you? Or did you stumble into this world all on your own... we want to know!

Edited by Seshi
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

1912?! Wow, I had no idea 😲

Anyway, my first exposure to anime (already told this story multiple times)

74hllyewve4ve6g65ux2gzoidzdwqscn_hq.jpg

And my all-time favorite series bebop_the_movie.jpg?timestamp=1538520548

Edited by Ohiotaku

Wow I didn't know anime goes back that far O.O'

Well favorite anime.... hard to say, but the very first anime I watched I think was Digimon or Dragon Ball Z. I think Digimon season 2 is still one of my favorite animes to this day. I also like Peacemaker Kurogane - which we spoke about the other day -, and Boruto. I think Digimon is what actually got me into anime to begin with, between that and Dragon Ball Z that is when I started to find out what anime was and started watching other animes such as Fullmetal Alchemist and Inuyasha or whatever happened to be on TV at that time ^^

spacer.png  spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Agree 1

On 4/16/2019 at 1:03 AM, Ohiotaku said:

1912?! Wow, I had no idea 😲

Yeah crazy isn't it? That anime has been around for 100+ years

Anyone know of anime from around that time? You usually only hear about anime from the 70's or 80's. 

But beyond that I don't know.

So I got into Anime as an impressionable youth from local TV. As a typical kid coming home from school wanting to watch cartoons.

And a channel called AXN was showing them. Maybe 80% of that channel was anime. And it was dubbed.

From there on out I was a fan.

When I got into Case Closed it was on a whim. I was in Barnes and Noble looking for a new manga to read and I picked up Case Closed, from then I could not put it back down. I always loved mystery, but this manga gave you the chance to solve the crime on your own. it was always t he same, Who, What, and Why. If you figured that out you would be able to solve the crimes and I did most of the time, but never as much as I wanted.

God I Love Anime!

detective-conan.png

• Like 1