Jump to content

brycec

AF Member
  • Posts

    1,992
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    42

Everything posted by brycec

  1. brycec

    Visual Novel Talk

    Sometimes, I wish To create a VN, but, with my skill set, I am better off just writing the story out. Besides, Kinetic novels, while nice, seem to feel rather pointless, especially World End Economica. Storyline was not too boring in World End Economica, but the story just does not work as a kinetic novel at all, and is probably the most disappointing work associated with Isuna Hasekura.
  2. brycec

    Visual Novel Talk

    Also makes the feelings of emotional moments, like finding out what the last word of Kotomi Ichinose's parents were and finding out that Mari is dead and will leave forever, that much more emotional. Heck, I sometimes feel like crying when I when I hear the song on the soundtrack because I remember those sad scenes thanks to the music accompanying it.
  3. brycec

    Visual Novel Talk

    visual Novels also have great soundtracks sometimes. I never tire of Clannad's OST or the OST of Sound of Drop.
  4. brycec

    Visual Novel Talk

    I have played a few visuals, as they are the most accessible games out, as I have only one usable hand, and I do enjoy them. I really wish games were more accessible for folks with physical disabilities, but that would be pretty difficult
  5. SEO stuff changes pretty frequently though too. Right now, Google penalizes you for not having a responsive or adaptive layout, since they want the web mobile friendly. Also, some blog platforms do not translate things to well, so HTML entity codes are the only easy and reliable way to put in special characters, like those with acute or grave accent markers.
  6. I got word from a writer recently that what I said in my review of their book helped them more than I knew. I'm so happy right now.

    1. RyePotatoes

      RyePotatoes

      Congratulations Brycec-san! :) Kampai!

  7. In a way, this seems like a good idea, especially because there are too many people doing videos that are not meant to be videos, but I do not think I will be using such a feature, because I have my own domain and my own blog already (I just wish I had enough patrons on Patreon and got commission from my Amazon affiliate link so that I can get more stuff). Still, that does not mean the feature will not be used, since people cannot always afford what I can.
  8. quite interesting. Did you draw that lion yourself? It looks hand drawn.
  9. Finished reading Spice & Wolf 8, but a bit sad because I can barely afford one more volume. If any want my review of it, ask.

  10. In real life, I do not talk about anime with people too much, but I do talk about it sometimes when I find something interesting. I get most uncomfortable watching anime around my family, because they cannot be quiet and let me enjoy the show or movie, and they do not seem to see how engaging the stories can be, which helps me come up with story ideas, tell what makes a great story, so I can do more in depth reviews on my blog, and even let's me understand human beings better than I could by talking to people, especially because of the masks we put on. I have been a bit more open about my interest in anime recently than I have been in the past though.
  11. Wondering if I should get back to Spice & Wolf book 8, or find something to watch.

    1. Frost

      Frost

      [img]http://i.imgur.com/L9ktOmm.gif[/img]

  12. 5/10. Not bad, but not particularly my cup of tea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql9-82oV2JE
  13. Cannot really trim my nails, at least in certain areas, and my nails are pretty short anyway. How would you bring this world to an end? Would it end with the suffering of all mankind or a Utopia, and if the former, how?
  14. I agree, though that one was not necessarily the one that came into my mind. The "Ask Me" threads have kind of died out quickly and seem to fit more with people who seem interesting, such as myself (not really being as prideful as this sounds because two different people, one I never met in real life but posted in my introduction thread and one that was my supervisor for volunteer work I did, who had no idea I wrote books, have actually read my bio that I put online somewhere and both found it quite interesting), or those who have been established for quite a while.
  15. Humans taint everything that is good with their beliefs and pride. I have seen this kind of backlash when I told people in my church that the leaders were not as divinely inspired as they believed (I am in a church that believes it is being led by men who have spoken to God and act as his mouthpiece), since they were human. Schooling in general was not that great, and I do not really remember enjoying my time in college until I completed generals.
  16. I think there is something like this already, but I guess I will bite. This is for anyone and everyone that comes by. If society were to fall completely and utterly this year, what would you do to survive? (Keep in mind that the money you have now, regardless of how you earn it, will get you nowhere)
  17. My opinion on this is the same as my opinion on comedic elements and originality. Things may not be as unique as they once were and are probably over done, but as long as it is done properly and/or feels unique, even when it is not, it can make things that much more enjoyable. Unfortunately, like the eye candy problem that American movies have, many studios decide to throw something in in order to please fans and attract people than focusing on what actually makes anime, and fiction in general, great.
  18. I'll probably give it try, but not too sure how well this will go. I WOULD LIKE TO BEAR MY TESTIMONY THAT I SHARED THE GOSPEL...OF MY FIST WITH 20 GRIZZLY BEARS AND CAME OUT UNSCATHED. THE BEARS THEN STARTED MEDIATING LIKE BUDHIST MONKS UNTIL THEY DIED FROM BELIEVING TOO MUCH IN A HIGHER POWER.
  19. Welcome, Mike. I hope you enjoy your time here.
  20. I mostly use FUNimation and Crunchyroll, as they cover most of what I want, but I prefer seeing things dubbed anyway. Many of the other sites have annoying pop ups or have unfriendly interfaces. I have been using Hulu too, but hate how most content is subbed.
  21. Banned for banning people who ban others.
  22. Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here.
  23. My school life was okay. People viewed me as quiet and a bit childish, not that I am not completely an adult now either, and I did sometimes but heads because of things that seemed useless. Funniest thing was that I almost got in a fight because a student and I were trying to get out of each other's way, yet still got in each other's way. Of course, that was also a time when I was more aligned with what my church wanted me to believe than realizing that they wanted me to be apathetic of other people.
  24. Magic capable of destroying the
×
×
  • Create New...