Jump to content

Mars Terra

AF Member
  • Posts

    335
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by Mars Terra

  1. Here is the order I would rank the shows I'm watching: 1. Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi No Kyoushitsu E (8/10), it has elements of mystery and the concept feels original, there's plenty of plot twists which makes for a exciting watch. 2. Made In Abyss(7.8/10), it has a ambitious concept and the quality of a movie, and I have to give it points for being a fantasy series not about being trapped in a game or being reincarnated in another world. 3. Clione No Akari (7.5/10), a anime that deals with bullying should be good, I don't think a anime has had it focus be about bullying before. And it's the only show I'm watching with ZERO fanservice, which isn't easy to find. 4. Gamers! (7.3/10), it's about people who play games, in case the name didn't give that away, and there's real games like Tales Of Phantasia and Persona 4 Arena, and like I thought it's a sweet anime.
  2. Completed three anime today. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's (5.5), Fate/Stay Night (6.8) and Tales Of Zestiria: The X (6.3).

  3. Care to elaborate? What did you find so uninteresting?
  4. So I've seen this show before, but decided to watch it over again in order to discuss it. The first episode does a good job of showing the fantasy elements embodied in this world, establishing what the anime will be about and what we can expect, as a first episode should. So Hikari is very tough on Manaka and that is noticeable immediately, and he makes little effort to be polite to people, but one can tell he has a good heart. He did something wrong and rather or not it was in good faith, he had to recognize it as such. The relationship between Manaka and Tsumugu develops fast, and one thing I failed to notice is how observant Hikari is of that, which is probably the reason he doesn't take kindly to Tsumugu because he sees him threat to the relationship he himself has with Manaka. So what are your impression of this episode? What are your thoughts about the aforementioned events or some of the other things that happened?
  5. Sure. I can't identify what your avatar is, but whenever I come across something mysterious-looking, my first thought is to hug it. ...
  6. There was actually a song by BoA that I learnt of last year through a game called Tales Of Graces f, it's one of my favorite songs. [spoiler=ORIGINAL VERSION]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dHP3ikuJ_A [spoiler=ENGLISH VERSION]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hm8PUshRbE
  7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT97IgifAXk Has anyone ever seen a anime called Makai Senki Disgaea? I've only seen a few episodes myself. I wasn't fond of the opening at first but it's grown on me, I mean that riff.
  8. You're sugoi if that's what you actually believe. It must be nice not to be concerned with people hating something you love.
  9. Here are a few songs I found while going through older anime themes. Hope you enjoy. [spoiler=Boys Be... - Hatsukoi]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiErATFNHBM [spoiler=Boys Be... - Minna ga Ii nei]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFDrAZ8GSKs [spoiler=Boogiepop Phanthom - Yuudachi]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trwc34OIwlw [spoiler=Gensoumaden Saiyuuki - Still Time]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTR42VoSRdQ I'll try to find more over the next week, stay tuned until then!
  10. I haven't seen it. A Certain Scientific Railgun
  11. [spoiler=EPISODE 2]So this was a pretty emotional episode. Rico's uncle (Habo) comes back from the abyss carrying the white whistle of Rico's mother (Lyza). This essentially means that she might never come back, although she doesn't really seem affected by what this revelation might mean, but that makes it a little more sad, Leader (Jiruo) doesn't make any attempt to comfort her either and just states the facts, so I thought that was a bit cold, but he does encourage her to follow her heart. It's also revealed that they uncovered notes that Lyza left and at the end of the episode, Rico gets to see them. [spoiler=EPISODE 3]Which I mention because they literally stole all of them between episodes!? I mean how did they...when did they...and no one noticed?? Good game, Rico, good game. [spoiler=EPISODE 4]So they are now in the abyss. It's a bit disappointing to be honest, I mean they're supposed to be finding food randomly lying on the ground and questioning their motive to eat it, but instead they're actually cooking meals. THIS IS NOTHING LIKE CHOCOBO'S DUNGEON!! Well, I don't mind that really, but they do get through the first layer pretty quickly, so I question how long they'll make this last. I didn't notice this before now, but Habo and Rico's uncle are one in the same. By the way, Jiruo is probably my favorite character, despite what I said earlier he is actually pretty cool and kind of a bro which is confirmed by this episode. I did watch episode 5 earlier, but I'll leave it at this for now (famous last words).
  12. I was kind of out of it when I watched this, but I'm glad that isn't the reason why I didn't enjoy it. The animation is awkward at times (can't really describe it but you'd understand if you watched it) and the characters talk over a series of shots that take place at a different time or place then they. A example of this is like what you said with MC and Towa talking to eachother while shots with no context are shown, and also when the girls are in the library, they continue to talk but the rest of the scene clearly takes place later. Why not show them picking out books after they've finished talking? Then we wouldn't need those long pauses. But I'm feeling this ship.
  13. Hour long episodes are annoying... Anyways, watched the first episode and I'm not sold, the preview doesn't help either. Is the light novel any better? Boku No Hero Academia
  14. Just watched the first episode (was bored) and it's not terrible...but, why did Gravity Falls rip this off? Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  15. On the contrary, I would say there are not enough magical girls in Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. Anyways, Conan deserves at least a hug for doing what he does all the time for the last 2 decades, and it doesn't look like he'll be retiring anytime soon.
  16. Did you say she was a Magical Girl!? *Hugs immediately*
  17. I'm glad you liked it, thank you for picking it up. And thanks for telling me you did instead of leaving me wondering. Have you tried Code Geass yet? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it.
  18. I know why I haven't heard of the anime, but why haven't I heard of the manga in which it's based upon? The first thing I noticed is that Nat is undeniably voiced by Mutsumi Tamura, Lute in Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On. The artstyle is not what I'm used to, but the characters are very kawaii and the world is beautifully depicted and this has the production quality of a movie. It seems like a fun and creative serie, looks like we'll be getting the dungeon aspect of Chocobo's Dungeon yet in the form of a anime. Arigato RepentantSky-senpai, if you didn't make this thread then I would've missed out on this sugoi anime!
  19. This probably has little to do with what you're talking about here, but the problem lies in the other male characters--which are sometimes non-existent--where the secondary hero is usually a pervert, which wouldn't be so bad, if that weren't the only personality trait they had and they're usually so open about it too. There still be more heroes with likeable personalities--but honestly I just want more relatable male characters in shonen/seinen anime, I'm sure you can agree?
  20. I don't know that one. Tales Of Zestiria: The X
  21. Can I add another one? I kept forgetting to mention it. But it's the trend of adding one symbol to the end of a anime title and that's season 2. Like K-On! to K-on!! or Is The Order A Rabbit? to Is The Order A Rabbit?? (Can't wait for itOaR??? where things get really confusing, apparantly) or New Game! to New Game!! (This is annoying because it should of been called New Game! Plus or something) Besides that there is Nisekoi; and Ore No Imouto Ga Konnani Kawaii Wake Ga Nai. and I don't know how this all started but didn't they stop to consider how confusing this might be?
  22. So I was hoping we could compare lists, here is the other anime I've seen in order I watched them Please take a look.
  23. Here I am, once again I'm torn into pieces Can't deny it, can't pretend Just thought you were the one Broken up, deep inside But you won't get to see the tears I cry Behind these hazel eyes
  24. I don't like seeing Madoka used in this way, or any innocent character for that matter. I don't even want to read the other Puella Magi series anymore, because they might have fan service in them, in which I've zero tolerance for when it comes to this franchise. There's enough to deal with as is, why should I have to put up with this as well? If it's necessary for the story I would be more open to the idea, but that is almost never the case. It's a little unfair to say to be picky about filler, since they have to quickly come up with a idea for a episode or arc that did not exist before. Yet, do anime really need filler? Boku No Hero Academia doesn't use it and it's incredibly popular, if they could of had anime be seasonal before, ah but there's a reason they couldn't isn't there?
  25. If you don't mind, then let me know when you've completed it. Anyways, I haven't seen the anime above me. No Game, No Life
×
×
  • Create New...