Sam_harris_43

Crime/Murder/Who did it?

Question

Looking for a mystery crime anime, not sure where to start looking so thought i'd check with you lot. 

Don't really want a fantasy based one, would prefer realism. 

All suggestions appreciated! 

Thanks 

9 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

I’ll recommend  Beautiful Bones which I consider to be a seriously under appreciated series 

https://myanimelist.net/anime/30187/Sakurako-san_no_Ashimoto_ni_wa_Shitai_ga_Umatteiru?q=Beautiful bones

Edit: How could I have forgotten about Monster? <facepalms>

https://myanimelist.net/anime/19/Monster?q=Monster

Edited by Ohiotaku

I came to suggest Monster... My job is done. lol

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ohiotaku said:

I’ll recommend  Beautiful Bones which I consider to be a seriously under appreciated series 

https://myanimelist.net/anime/30187/Sakurako-san_no_Ashimoto_ni_wa_Shitai_ga_Umatteiru?q=Beautiful bones

Edit: How could I have forgotten about Monster? <facepalms>

https://myanimelist.net/anime/19/Monster?q=Monster

19 minutes ago, Seshi said:

I came to suggest Monster... My job is done. lol

Thanks both, just looked into Monster and it looks very good! I'll try and find the episodes on YouTube so I can throw to my TV. 

• Like 1

I keep hoping we’ll get a complete physical release of Monster here in the US someday

Ummm, Detective Conan folks. The only fantasy part of that is the drug that changes him into a child and that's more to put a bit of comic relief into it. ;)

• Like 1

🎵Lupiiiiiiiin the 3rd🎵!

It fits under the crime category.

• Like 1

People, watched the first episode of Monster last night. It. Was. So. Slow. 

Please tell me something happens in episode 2? I don't want to have to watch 7-8 episodes bekfore it starts. I felt the first episode could have been ten minutes as it just showed the difficult situations the surgeon gets placed in. 

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure the first murder happens fairly early in the series, but as a whole the series puts more emphasis on suspense than action.  Monster does have chases, fist fights, shoot outs, prison breaks, etc. but it spends most of it’s time exploring psychological & ethical issues. If that sounds boring to you, it’s probably not what you’re looking for.

Edited by Ohiotaku
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

38 minutes ago, Ohiotaku said:

Pretty sure the first murder happens fairly early in the series, but as a whole the series puts more emphasis on suspense than action.  Monster does have chases, fist fights, shoot outs, prison breaks, etc. but it spends most of it’s time exploring psychological & ethical issues. If that sounds boring to you, it’s probably not what you’re looking for.

Not boring by description just the first episode was very slow. I'll stick with it for a bit though. 

• Like 2