What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

16 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

In Nier Automata on Switch, as 2B, so far I've unlocked the alternate endings of dying in the prologue battle, removing her OS chip, and Self- Destructing in the Bunker. lol All had really interesting lines of text to read after doing it. I think the Bunker one was funny because it said the Commander was probably drifting around in space with a stern look on her face. I'm paraphrasing, but that made me laugh. XD There's 23 more alternate endings and I'm going to unlock them ALL!!!!!!! But the optional ones for 2B's playthrough that I could have done so far I've done at least after the appearance of the Adam and Eve machine lifeforms were created from the cocoon of machines. Right now I need to find the MIA YoRHa units which the quest target location is apparently in the Amusement Park (weird for machines to have a place like that), but right now I'm trying to collect Titanium Alloy so I can upgrade Virtuous Dignity (the Spear with Virtuous in the name that gains increased attack speed as a bonus in upgraded levels 2 and 3). Weirdly enough when fishing in a sewer-like area in the map that's the only way to get to the Amusement Park right now is where I actually ended up fishing out an Iron Pipe, which is a weapon that can be equippped. XD It was upgraded to level 3 easily enough, but at level 4 it will gain the effect of "High Stun" though I'm not sure what that does just yet. It's remarkably weak by comparison to the other weapons in my inventory though, so maybe the High Stun effect will turn out to be a rare effect or something. I wasn't expecting to get any additional weapons when fishing though. lol Finding Masamune to upgrade my weapons to level 4 is a ways away though, and I'm not even sure if it'll be necessary to do in 2B's playthrough, but when it comes to games I'm somewhat of a completionist... if that's even a word. Maybe the more accurate wording is I like to be prepared early in the game as much as I can be. I won't be able to upgrade every single weapon to level 3 or 4 though, but it can't hurt to be prepared for anything. ^^ OH!!! I also found the Pod that can be located in the Desert that someone apparently lost and couldn't find. XD It shoots missiles, so I don't have to only rely on the main gatling gun Pod that's given to 2B by default. Changing the Pod Program to different attacks is cool, too, which I've set 2 different attacks/programs to the 2 Pods in my current inventory. The only 1 DLC there was turned out to be free, so that was pretty sweet, too. ^^ Basically it's just some alternate outfits for the playable characters, 2 masks, 2 baubles, more songs to listen to in the Jukebox at the Resistance Camp, and even a skin for the Pod so it doesn't look like a machine. It's pretty neat. I've learned to check some Switch games' DLC just to see if they're free because a lot of them turn out to be 100% Scot free. ^^ So, I've upgraded Virtuous Contract (one-handed sword that 2B was initially equipped with), Virtuous Treaty (the 2-handed sword that 2B was using in the prologue before she self-destructed, so I had to go back to the Abandoned Factory to pick that up along with the other things left behind at a location after using the self-destruct), and Virtuous Dignity (the recently acquired spear) to level 3, along with 1, maybe 2 other weapons I can't remember the names of right now which I'll try to list at a later date after refreshing my memory of their name and levels. There's more weapons to collect and buy in the game though and I'm only after the point where Anemone asked 2B to clear the Desert of machine lifeforms which is where Adam and Eve (the most evolved machines in the game, I think) made their first appearance. Stark naked, but apparently they don't have reproductive organs, so that was a relief that I didn't have to see that. lol Which was the first story based mission in the game after the Prologue, so I may have collected a small number of weapons from the Weapons Trader in the Resistance Camp and other means, but there's more to be had as the story progresses. It's pretty fun using 2B's 2 equipped weapons to find out what the different combos are using the Light and Heavy attacks, too. She can equip up to 2 different Weapon Sets at a time, which just means 2 different weapons in each set equipped. They can be changed mid-play by pressing up on the D-Pad, too, so that's going to be convenient. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess Im the only one who can understand you! I like A2 more than 2B🤩 2B and 9th the S are lovers imo!

This game is one of my latest 100% but It feels I forgot the game play! My brain was already overwritten by new games🤣 anyway, i wont spoil anything,, enjoy the game,, glory to mankind lol

16 hours ago, Sakura said:

You have been busyyyyyyyyyyy lol ~ 

I got a rare pet earlier on a game I play that I've wanted for a longggg time, so kinda happy about that.

lol Yeah I have. ^^ So much farming though. XD

Which game did you get the rare pet in? I wanna sseeee iiiiit~

13 hours ago, ReverzerO said:

I guess Im the only one who can understand you! I like A2 more than 2B🤩 2B and 9th the S are lovers imo!

This game is one of my latest 100% but It feels I forgot the game play! My brain was already overwritten by new games🤣 anyway, i wont spoil anything,, enjoy the game,, glory to mankind lol

I really didn't expect to end up typing that much. ^^; I don't think I meant to say so much at once in one post lol It's a sweet game though!! B2 and 9S do seem like they're in a complicated relationship, but this I'm also a Nier franchise virgin so this is actually my very first Nier game I've ever played. I just wish I would've looked into them sooner though so I could've enjoyed the ones before Automata, too.

9 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

lol Yeah I have. ^^ So much farming though. XD

Which game did you get the rare pet in? I wanna sseeee iiiiit~

I really didn't expect to end up typing that much. ^^; I don't think I meant to say so much at once in one post lol It's a sweet game though!! B2 and 9S do seem like they're in a complicated relationship, but this I'm also a Nier franchise virgin so this is actually my very first Nier game I've ever played. I just wish I would've looked into them sooner though so I could've enjoyed the ones before Automata, too.

Oh I got it in RS, it's the Phoenix firemaking pet. It looks like this v

Spoiler

Phoenix (follower).png

But I changed its color, because it has 5 colors you can change it back and forth between by using different items on it, so of course I made mine purple like this one v

Spoiler

Phoenix (follower, purple).png

• Friendly 1

13 hours ago, Sakura said:

Hide contents

Phoenix (follower).png

But I changed its color, because it has 5 colors you can change it back and forth between by using different items on it, so of course I made mine purple like this one v

Hide contents

I didn't remember being able to have pets in RS. At least from what few memories I have of playing it. It's pretty awesome that there's one based on the Phoenix though. Does it makes a fire so you don't have to use items to do it instead? The purple look is pretty sweet, too. ^^

14 hours ago, Sakura said:

Reveal hidden contents

Phoenix (follower).png

Reveal hidden contents

Grats now get bloodhound and KBD 😬

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sasuke said:

Grats now get bloodhound and KBD 😬

I'm not even trying to get bloodhound anymore lol I'm still trying to get KBD but when I play I only do about 10 KBD trips a day, but the drop rate is like 1/3000 I think so maybe one day. I read most people get it around the 2500th kill @_@

8 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

I didn't remember being able to have pets in RS. At least from what few memories I have of playing it. It's pretty awesome that there's one based on the Phoenix though. Does it makes a fire so you don't have to use items to do it instead? The purple look is pretty sweet, too. ^^

It wasn't in the game back in the day, it's a new thing that started when Old School Runescape came out ~ Pets are also members only. 

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

I'm not even trying to get bloodhound anymore lol I'm still trying to get KBD but when I play I only do about 10 KBD trips a day, but the drop rate is like 1/3000 I think so maybe one day. I read most people get it around the 2500th kill @_@

It wasn't in the game back in the day, it's a new thing that started when Old School Runescape came out ~ Pets are also members only. 

Ohh, ok. That makes sense. What do you mean members only though? Like, users that pay to play for an edge over other players?

2 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

Ohh, ok. That makes sense. What do you mean members only though? Like, users that pay to play for an edge over other players?

RS has member only worlds, and non-member worlds. Members get access to all skills / equipment / pets / whole game. Non-members is just certain skills, a couple of towns, and basic armors and stuff. Of course non-members is free to play and members is paid to play with a subscription you pay for every month. I think it's $12 a month atm. 

11 hours ago, Sakura said:

RS has member only worlds, and non-member worlds. Members get access to all skills / equipment / pets / whole game. Non-members is just certain skills, a couple of towns, and basic armors and stuff. Of course non-members is free to play and members is paid to play with a subscription you pay for every month. I think it's $12 a month atm. 

Huh. I'm glad you're getting the most you can out of it in that case. Seems like non-members don't really get the full RS experience.

5 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

Huh. I'm glad you're getting the most you can out of it in that case. Seems like non-members don't really get the full RS experience.

Non-members is meant to just be something similar to a "trial" version of RS where you get basic skills to try, and combat experience. A lot of people will level up to around level 80 combat before they buy members so you can still do a lot on non-member worlds. I never had non-members though I've always had members, I miss back when it was only $5 for members though lol. 

I played lethal company with some people I found on discord and it was fun. Also, I’m trying to derust on osu since it’s been a while since I played and I’m playing little buster, which I really really like (a visual novel by key, the one who made clannad, kanon, etc)

On 1/26/2024 at 6:41 PM, Sakura said:

I got KBD around 1,000 KC and the only other I have which is hellhound I lucked out on and got after 14 KC.

• Friendly 1

1 hour ago, Sasuke said:

I got KBD around 1,000 KC and the only other I have which is hellhound I lucked out on and got after 14 KC.

See I have no RNG luck and never get anything lol 😮‍💨 

Game wise however though I did buy 30k addy ores today to work more on leveling smithing wooo

• Funny 1

15 hours ago, Sakura said:

Non-members is meant to just be something similar to a "trial" version of RS where you get basic skills to try, and combat experience. A lot of people will level up to around level 80 combat before they buy members so you can still do a lot on non-member worlds. I never had non-members though I've always had members, I miss back when it was only $5 for members though lol. 

Ohhhh, ok. I've played a game that had a similar setup lie that before. Did RS always have those 2 different categories of players or is it something they added after the original release? I know what you mean though because it just seems like even in games things are getting a little expensive.

11 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

Ohhhh, ok. I've played a game that had a similar setup lie that before. Did RS always have those 2 different categories of players or is it something they added after the original release? I know what you mean though because it just seems like even in games things are getting a little expensive.

As far as I know, yes, it's been that way since RS2 released in.. 2002? I think.. I wasn't playing it back then but it's been the same since RS2 released with members/non-member worlds. in 1999-2002 in RS Classic there wasn't member/non-member worlds I don't think. I guess $12 a month still isn't a lot for a game but the price has been steadily increasing over the years lol

7 minutes ago, Sakura said:

As far as I know, yes, it's been that way since RS2 released in.. 2002? I think.. I wasn't playing it back then but it's been the same since RS2 released with members/non-member worlds. in 1999-2002 in RS Classic there wasn't member/non-member worlds I don't think. I guess $12 a month still isn't a lot for a game but the price has been steadily increasing over the years lol

I think I tried the classic, so that might be why I didn't know about the members/non-members worlds. Given I didn't play it for too long because I had to use the family computer to do stuff online which meant limited time on it. >< I do remember trying to play it though, but it's a pretty obscure memory since it was so long ago. Y'know how my memory fails to work, too. lol When it's an annual cost though it can build up to quite an amount, so a steadily increasing price for the members option would understandably be something to start to worry about if that trend continues.

On 1/28/2024 at 1:44 AM, Sakura said:

See I have no RNG luck and never get anything lol 😮‍💨 

Game wise however though I did buy 30k addy ores today to work more on leveling smithing wooo

For 99? 

10 hours ago, Sasuke said:

For 99? 

No more like 94-ish but now it's just sitting in my bank. I might try to work on smithing tonight. I still need to finish this Firemaking which is what I'm doing right now. 

@Wild Emotion It seems to go up every year, but to be fair, most things are. Seems like inflation is with every thing these days ._. 

Edited by Sakura
  • Friendly 1

2 hours ago, Sakura said:

No more like 94-ish but now it's just sitting in my bank. I might try to work on smithing tonight. I still need to finish this Firemaking which is what I'm doing right now. 

@Wild Emotion It seems to go up every year, but to be fair, most things are. Seems like inflation is with every thing these days ._. 

That probably doesn't bode well for the future. >< That's why I used to go to Gamestop to buy my games (when I could anyway since I can't drive myself anywhere), but I'd always look in different cases of the same games to try to stick a manual in one that still had the original art sleeves on them. lol I used to hate not having a manual for any game, but now I don't think there's any manual for any game. XD At least it'll make it easier to buy used games now and I won't be so picky. If we ever go to a Gamestop again anyway. Nowadays it's just easier to order games online. ^^;

6 minutes ago, Wild Emotion said:

That probably doesn't bode well for the future. >< That's why I used to go to Gamestop to buy my games (when I could anyway since I can't drive myself anywhere), but I'd always look in different cases of the same games to try to stick a manual in one that still had the original art sleeves on them. lol I used to hate not having a manual for any game, but now I don't think there's any manual for any game. XD At least it'll make it easier to buy used games now and I won't be so picky. If we ever go to a Gamestop again anyway. Nowadays it's just easier to order games online. ^^;

Well considering everything increases but payroll doesn't, does make it a problem lol ~
I guess most people probably use the internet for game manuals these days, since you can find them online and find a walkthrough for any game now too. 

1 hour ago, Sakura said:

Well considering everything increases but payroll doesn't, does make it a problem lol ~
I guess most people probably use the internet for game manuals these days, since you can find them online and find a walkthrough for any game now too. 

I know, it's so frickin frustrating. >< Especially when there aren't enough funds to get a game or anime I really want. >< ><
Yeah, I actually forgot about that. I used to use a site that had walkthroughs for so many games I don't think I'd ever be able to count how many they had. lol All in text format to see in a browser, but there were a few games I couldn't find a walkthrough for anywhere so I just kind of had to figure the game out as I played. ^^;

15 hours ago, Sakura said:

Are you finishing buyable skills first? 

This isn't exactly about my recent gaming activities.  I've been too busy to play (or post much) lately but I have to comment on that SLIM landing.  It was so Kerbal!   🤣  I don't know how many times I've gone for a landing in KSP where something happens and the lander I'm piloting winds up on its side or top - usually after rolling/sliding down the slope of a crater - instead of upright on its landing gear as designed.  SLIM is real life imitating typical KSP game play.

The KSP load screen even reflects this (pretty much central) aspect of game play.  In KSP things often don't go exactly according to plan.  If you're lucky and things don't simply blow up then you can wind up in some pretty silly situations.

Compare..

image.thumb.png.2601cb7193966e1808edb7286b234332.png

(screenshot from my computer)

.. with..
spacer.png

(Pic from JAXA site.)

Too perfect!  Well not really, but you get the idea.  :)  :)  Been there, done that.  In game at least.

So here's to JAXA successfully completing the mission.  👍  Even if not exactly according to plan.  🤣

Edited by efaardvark

7 hours ago, Sasuke said:

Are you finishing buyable skills first? 

Sounds easier tbh lol But stuff like Construction I don't really feel like doing, even though maxing Con takes literally just a bored weekend.. x.x I was just getting everything 90+ atm 

• Like 1