What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Pokemon Sword (Switch)

FB_IMG_1573882823549.thumb.jpg.ffc21a09ea3d803cd8a10ce187e33958.jpg

Started playing this at like 10PM last night. So far the game is pretty adorable. I don't understand how people (who haven't even played the game) are saying the graphics are that of the 3DS. Understandably they will never be as good as PC, PS4 or Xbox but Sword and Shield are definitely a lot better than the DS ones. 

Anyway, I'm enjoying it and cannot wait to be done with work so I can binge play it more, lol.

• Like 1

Pokemon Sword (Switch)

Herenheit finally evolved last night. I didn't very far however due to the fact that I had to work late, go to bed and be back up early for work again. Ugh. Hoping to get back to the game after work!!

FB_IMG_1574055681703.thumb.jpg.15c97120e3d90af11ae664b746678cd7.jpg

Built a space telescope ...screenshot28_small.png.3216b22af1f5a66b1aed371895be3be0.png

And launched it into a solar orbit...screenshot27_small.png.587e646ad6aed147e51449bb34acdee9.png

Then I built a rover...screenshot29_small.png.e98a9b439cdf36abe8733e6f2e613406.png

And sent it to Minmus, where it found and scanned an interesting green sandstone rock,

getting a bunch of science in the process..screenshot32_small.png.ab0556e10bdc0ac67ce6ea44a12e7eea.png

Maybe you had to be there.  I'm sure that orbital mechanics, delta-V, rocket engineering, mission planning logistics, and the rest is not for everyone.  To each their own. 

For myself.. Well, if I'm not already bored of it after all these years then I don't think I'll be getting bored of it any time soon.  :)

Sims 4 (PC)

Working on my child sim to progress through school successfully into her teen years so she can get into university. I'm having a hard time choosing what skills she should focus on though. I'm leaning more towards either scientist or doctor. Not entirely sure though...

Pokemon Sword (Switch)

Focusing on capturing new Pokemon rather than really progressing through the story. Catching some duplicates that are exclusive to Sword in order to trade for exclusives on Shield.

@efaardvark it honestly sounds like an RPG with a spacefaring twist :) I can see how it would be fun as I tend to gravitate towards games like that too. The more menus and things you can do, the better sometimes ^_^

@EnviousEnvy haven't gotten either of the two new packs yet but thinking about it. Still playing predominantly on my farm....thinking of having Eudora (my lone Farmer's (who is also a PhD of Pollen) daughter) go to university someday then return to take over the farm from her mom. Have you taken the new pack survey yet? I wish I could make a pack with the yeast stuff, dehydrator, embroidery and knitting alone lol...if only. 

13 hours ago, Beocat said:

@efaardvark it honestly sounds like an RPG with a spacefaring twist :) I can see how it would be fun as I tend to gravitate towards games like that too. The more menus and things you can do, the better sometimes

I will readily admit that it does take a certain mindset to enjoy fully.  It is basically a SimNASA.  There's a lot of different aspects to the game though.  It is part flight sim.  It has aspects of civilization, simcity, railroad tycoon, and a few others.  Some people really get into designing/engineering vehicles, even ones like trucks or helicopters for which there is no in-game reason.  Some people like replicating real-life vehicles.  Some people build gundam-like vehicle (even some that transform in-flight).  There's one youtuber, "SWDennis" who spends a lot of time just trying to get the physics game engine to do wacky, unexpected things.  Some people just like to see the faces that their kerbal pilots/passengers make as you fly them around.  Some people like to build ICBMs and target the other space centers on Kerbin.  (Kerbin is the home planet of the Kerbal race.)  Some people get into the kind of puzzle-solving aspect of the contracts.  Some people like to explore. 

Spoiler

There are a huge number of "easter eggs" on the various planets and moons for you to find, including a 2001 Space Odyssey type monolith just outside the main Kerbin Space Center, and what appears to be a dead squid-like creature on one of the outer-planet moons.

As if that's not enough there's a huge set of mods too.  The base game has no weapons (well, unless you count hurtling rockets) but there's a mod called BDArmory that lets you build lasers, missile launchers, machine guns, etc. into your vehicles.  I'm into programming, so I have a mod called kOS that lets you control your rockets via programs you write.  There's a whole modpack called "reality overhaul" that make real-life things like ullage motors and air/water/food/power supplies necessary.  In fact, the only game that I know of that rivals the KSP mod scene is minecraft.  There's literally thousands of mods for the game.  Getting bored of the game?  Add a few mods and all of a sudden there's a whole new set of game dynamics to explore.

It's always a good time.  And that's just the original game!  There's a KSP2 coming out next year that looks to be awesome as well!

Edited by efaardvark

On 11/19/2019 at 9:04 PM, efaardvark said:

Maybe you had to be there.  I'm sure that orbital mechanics, delta-V, rocket engineering, mission planning logistics, and the rest is not for everyone.  To each their own. 

For myself.. Well, if I'm not already bored of it after all these years then I don't think I'll be getting bored of it any time soon.  :)

that doesn't even sound fun, sounds like work. I thought people play games to have fun, not be a job.   Anyway still trying to get clefairys fat pink ass in pokemon sword. Didn't know it was so hard to get one. 

9 hours ago, Serge heartless said:

that doesn't even sound fun, sounds like work

I guess that's one way to look at it.  To me any such "work" just makes it that much more satisfying when I succeed.

Right now the most OP non legends in Pokemon sword and shield are. Ferrothorn moves, stealth rocks, leech seed, gyro ball and powerwhip,

Clefable moves, moon light, moon blast, calm mind or cosmic power, and flame thrower.  

excadrill-steath rocks, rapid spin, earth quake, iron head, or use a other rock move like rock slide

tyranitar-crunch, pursuit, earthquake, and stone edge. 

Dragapult- this thing can go physical attacker or SP-attacker, and just out speeds everything, and does a ton of damage. 

Sims4 ~ started playing and got both of my farmer's kids maxing out scouts and about to age up to a teen the son. First time I've had snow with kids in the game and I've been having fun with snowball fights and whatnot. Then my sweet elder cat died :( and it's sad but my Sims didn't even become sad =/ they had a sad moodlet, but it was completely overridden by all their super happy moodlets of good food and nice decorations. Kind of messed up =/

So this wasn’t today but I finished this a couple of weeks ago and it was my most recent gaming experience so I thought I’d share it.

I just finished playing through the entire Telltale Walking Dead series.  I must say this might be my absolute favorite gaming series of all time!  I love Clementine and just adored the series from beginning to end!  Seriously I’m in love with this game!!!

Edited by Fireduck
  • Like 1

Man I thought Rotom Wash was going to be meh since they took away its defog move, but man its even better now. Gigantamax Rotom wash can summon rain, which makes some moves never miss like hurricane and thunder. And it also boost water moves. It also summons electric terrain, which boost elec moves, and pokemon that are touching the ground can't sleep. So it counters spore, rest, and any other move that makes you sleep or them sleep. Rotom wash is really good 

Image result for rotom wash

now about clefable, man this thing is really OP as a non legend.  With magic guard, it ignores burn, toxic, poison, and cant take damage from them. Though it still can be hit by poison attacks and steel attacks. Though poison and burn does nothing to it, it also cant be hit by hail, or sandstorm, or rocks and spikes. With cosmic power it can keep using cosmic power till it takes hardly any damage at all. And with moon light it can just keep healing. And it can learn flamethrower to kill steel types. And man when clefable turns into its gigantamax form, flame thrower turns into max flame, with brings out the sun and completely destroys steel types and grass types. And has max fairy attack also, which brings out misty, and misty makes stats moves useless. 

Related image

The most powerful non legend though is got to be dragapult, this thing is faster and does more damage then any other mon, besides the legends. Has dragon dance, to do even more damage with physical damage moves. Or you can use life orb to do even more damage. Has steel wing to kill fairy types, or use its max form, and use max steel attack to 1 hit kill fairy types. 

pokemon-sword-shield-dragapult.jpg

Edited by Serge heartless
  • Like 1

Some of these contracts.. Yikes!  I mean, yeah, three stars.  But 17 Kerbals?  I only have 12 in my whole space program right now, and 5 of them are more or less permanently assigned to my Minmus science/research station.  And I haven't even found any class-E asteroids yet!  I've only just recently upgraded my tracking station so I can even start looking for them.  Still, 17 years to do it in, and over $250k advance.  Might be worth it.  With the advance I can expand my Minmus base to add some mining equipment so I don't have to lift the fuel, ore, and monoprop from Kerbin, and that would give me a constant supply of consumables even after I'm done with this particular contract.

Heh.  Then I'd "just" need to hire (or rescue) the Kerbals, get tankage and living quarters built, shipped, and installed into an as-yet-undiscovered asteroid, AND then move said asteroid into Minmus orbit.  That's a lot of work.  I need to start researching the "Nerv" (nuclear rocket motor) if I'm going to be taking on asteroid-moving contracts, and it'd be better if I'd already found the asteroid.  Then I could mine the asteroid itself for the fuel resources and not have to ship them in from some unbuilt elsewhere.  Maybe I should let this one go after all.  I don't think I'm quite ready to tackle something like this just yet in my current game.

screenshot64_small.png.e59946031f62d90953585a30878b6f7e.png

Ive actually been winning games with braviary of all pokemon in pvp. This thing has gone from bottom tier to pretty good tier. 

Bulk Up gives it attack and defense. 

brave bird does a ton of damage

close combat destroys rock and steel types, and with bulk up it can 1-2 hit most of them

also can learn shadow claw to kill ghost types. And since its normal and flying it cant be hit by ghost. 

Leans defog, which gets rid of stealth rocks and spikes and toxic spikes. That people use a lot in PvP

It has a hidden ability  defiant, which you can get in max raids.  If they try to use defog on you, or intimidate. It will raise its attack by +2 and with bulk up that's +3 attack. And will do a ton of damage. 

Image result for pokemon braviary

Engineers Bill and Lozer tearing down a booster for tankage and spare parts with the help of pilot Jebediah at the Goliath research base on Minmus.  I do like the KAS mod.  Next step will be to start mining and refining fuel, once I get the tankage built.

screenshot74_small.thumb.png.377a8f56a2d30b4165f83954826d500d.png

ferrothorn is still good as ever. Still a tank thats hard to kill unless you have a fire type, which its 4 times weak to fire. Also can't really do much besides spam stealth rocks and hope fire types keep taking damage from them. It can use leech seed spam and left overs to keep getting life back. Why its also good is how it fits on rain teams. Rain teams what to not take damage from electric attacks, and ferrothorn doesn't take really any damage from electric. It also works on sandstorm steams cause it doesn't take damage from sand, since its steel type. Its main attacks now are gyroball or heavy slam.  As for grass attack you can just use power whip and leech seed. 

598-00.png

Bought a new Xbox last Thursday so now my fiance and I can play together as well as some more games. 

Pokemon Sword (Switch)

Spent time in the field catching more Pokemon as well as took on the fire gym leader (defeated him)

Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox One)

A childhood favorite of mine and since I'm under a snowstorm and stuck in the house I might as well put my gamepass to use, lol. 

Got a drilling/mining rig started on Minmus.  Unfortunately it turns out that the best ore deposits aren't near the science/research base I'd previously started so logistics are going to be a bit less efficient than I'd like.  At least for a while.  Once I get an orbiting refinery it won't make much difference.  I do think in the future I'm going to focus operations around the mining rig.  Anything new (that needs to be on the ground) will go there, and as stuff breaks or is no longer needed at the science station I'll have less and less at the science base until finally just the original core rocket will be left, and I'll just fly that away.  That rocket is where the actual science lab module with the scientists (Erbald and Bob) is and the plan was always to use it as a "hopper" to move to a new area once all the science in the old area had been found/researched.  I picked the current location because there are several "biomes" near there that will keep the science team busy for a while without having to move the lab, but eventually I was going to have to move it, and/or it will need refueling anyway.

The mining rig, otoh, will pretty much stay where it is.  It flies like a brick, and is about as fuel efficient.  Launching it from Kerbin was incredibly expensive, and landing it was a challenge, even on Minmus.  Ore in an area doesn't run out, so there's no need to move it and every reason to keep it where it is.  I scanned the moon in detail before picked the spot where I landed it and the only places that have higher ore concentrations are at the poles.  Orbital mechanics makes those areas a lot less efficient logistics-wise, not to mention harder to get things to & from orbit in terms of piloting skills of the player.  So yeah, the new mining rig will probably become the core of my new "base" going forward.

screenshot80_small.thumb.png.ed0be209335cd9af54a60556371ad261.png

I also rescued one Kathgard from orbit.  She sure seemed happy about it...  :)
screenshot76_small.thumb.png.d5a11e7cb6c92aa3ac44cee5fe95f6c8.png

... and had Hanuki, the engineer in charge of the mining rig, do a bit of jet-pack reconnoitering in the immediate area surrounding the rig's landing site before he started the actual mining/drilling operation.

screenshot81_small.thumb.png.5c8501e4d8814acf6a24e631a676b5d5.png

Edited by efaardvark

My Time At Portia (Xbox One)

Doing some commissions, mining through the ruins and slowly working on the bridge. 

Ghost Recon Breakpoint (PS4)

Grinding on looking for weapons and doing side missions. 

The Sims 4 (PC)

Just had my Sim apply for college and moved into her first apartment. Waiting on the acceptance letter.

Pokemon Sword (Switch)

Haven't really been putting the time into this game as much as I did when I first started. I just beat Bea a few minutes ago. I spend maybe an hour at most playing this game. 

Got torchlight 2 on switch. I dont know why people didn't like the torchlight series besides the pc versions had a lot of hackers. Though playing on console like switch, I'm not really worried about hackers. Using hacks on PS4 and Switch can get you banned, then you have to pay money to get other membership.  So far torchlight 2 is worth it, if you are looking for a action rpg like diablo. 

TorchlightII_KeyArt_9385x5278.0.jpg

• Like 1