What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

Building in Planet Nomad.  I get so distracted building stuff that I forget to actually play the game.  The only time I even look at the mission objectives is when I need to unlock a part to build with. :D  I'm like that in other games like Kerbal Space Program too.  The only reason I do contracts is to have $$ to buy parts to build stuff with, or to get science points to unlock more parts to build better stuff with.

image.thumb.png.ced31870021201e5bc1260dbdde5ab74.png

Doing a bit of exploration in Planet Nomad using my self-built VTOL aircraft.  Exploring is my next-favorite thing after designing/building things.  I'm exploring.. prospecting actually, trying to find a mineral called "xaenite" so that I can make a super-alloy so that I can - wait for it - build more stuff:)

90464820_Screenshotfrom2020-02-1019-11-19.thumb.png.fcc391d4966cadd5f37875bc71a949d2.pngimage.thumb.png.f8ea40896aca5bf6e579f25693327c78.png

Red Dead Redemption II (PS4)

Saved Micah's butt from jail, got drunk with Lenny and did some hunting for the camp so they would have food.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

My dumba** decided to delete my save so I had to restart the game (wasn't too far into the game thank goodness, lol. Still annoying though).

Noticed today that KSP recently got another update.  The "breaking ground" DLC got one too.  Downloaded and installed both, but I probably won't play it any time soon.  Even if I do find time that I can "waste" on games then I'll probably work on my planet nomads game instead.. at least until all my usual KSP mods get updated for the new version.  The major focus of the KSP update seems to be mostly visual - texture updates for the surfaces of planets and the space ship parts that you build with.  Supposedly there's a frame rate bump too though.  I might take a few minutes to do some quick, unofficial benchmarking with a couple of my ships with larger partcounts, just to see how noticeable any performance gains are.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Trying to get to the 4th shrine without freezing to death. Also played it on the TV today for the first time in months so I keep pressing the wrong buttons on the pro controller which causes me to fall off cliffs and plummet to my death (RIP Link).

I've been playing Skyrim on the PS4 nonstop for nearly a couple of months aiming for the platinum. Before I played it on the 360, and then on the PS4 only with mods so I had a clear free start. I've been trudging through the thieves guild questline for what feels like forever. I never did the thieves guild or dark brotherhood before but it seems you have to be a bad guy to get trophies in Skyrim so I'm doing it. They are very involved questlines....  anyways, I think I might finally be getting close to the end. It won't be long now....  then its off to do the war, then the dovakhin questlines, then the dark brotherhood.  It's fun but everytime I think I'm close I find out that I'm not lol.

• Like 2

Built a large air-mobile "base" in Planet Nomad.  Being able to move around is very helpful (thus the game's name) and breaking down and moving my base all the time was getting to be a hassle.  I tried making a wheeled base but .. mountains, and rivers, and trees.  This still isn't something I can rely on as my only transportation since it is too slow and can only fly for about 15 minutes per day before it has to land and recharge, but it does make moving easy when I've cleared out an area of resources or the action moves so far away that travel to/from the active area starts to dominate gameplay.  I've built in provisions to upgrade the propulsion system for faster, longer flights once I get some advanced power generation going, but for now this will do nicely.  At least it beats having to clear trees for the rover. (When I wasn't having to winch it over a mountain, out of a ditch, or across a river...)

991373208_Screenshotfrom2020-02-1518-56-05.thumb.png.28d84745eab6f5802167eff1340bd7f8.png

Here's a pic of it landed on the shores of a lake, with an alien spacecraft on the other side of the lake.  (The black ball with red lines, my next object of investigation.) 

2094328818_Screenshotfrom2020-02-1522-08-13.thumb.png.331e971bd2665391762c17184394f98b.png

Note the smaller craft attached to the top of the base.  That's the VTOL craft I posted previously.  It is much smaller, faster, and has much greater range but it can't carry much cargo or any of the heavy equipment that I have at the base.  I use it for scouting and only move the base when I have to.

I think I found Wisconsin in PN.. :D  -41 degrees C INside the cockpit of my flyer... snowing and -68 outside!  Even my space suit is having trouble keeping me warm!
795494619_Screenshotfrom2020-02-1616-38-27.thumb.png.4871bd46ae2ea7d9966ecac0e1bd13bd.png

Edited by efaardvark

As I am complete trash with the maturity of a 8 year old, I'm currently playing Fortnite on Xbox 😅

Me and my friends also have a big Minecraft survival save going where I'm building pretty much everything in "oriental" design.

@RZ. I have played/tried Fortnite for about an hour. I found it to be a rather run-of-the-mill shooter generally, i.e. I get the general appeal of it. I don't get all the dislike for it. Yeah, it's not a particularly great game but I don't think it aims at the same stuff as Battlefield or Call of Duty. What kinda bugged me, but I suppose that depends on what you are used to, was that you could build structures everywhere you wanted. Kinda defeated most of the whole strategic planning.

Edited by Illusion of Terra

1 hour ago, Illusion of Terra said:

@RZ. I have played/tried Fortnite for about an hour. I found it to be a rather run-of-the-mill shooter generally, i.e. I get the general appeal of it. I don't get all the dislike for it. Yeah, it's not a particularly great game but I don't think it aims at the same stuff as Battlefield or Call of Duty. What kinda bugged me, but I suppose that depends on what you are used to, was that you could build structures everywhere you wanted. Kinda defeated most of the whole strategic planning.

Arena or battle-royal style games have never been my thing either, and by far the more popular mode for FN is that one.  I do like a challenge, but in general I prefer a more laid-back approach in my leisure gaming.  More PvE than PvP too.  I'd actually prefer the co-op "save the world from zombies" mode of FN.  (Though if I were going to go there then I'd probably pick something like 7 Days to Die over FN.)  I like planning, constructing, co-operating, building on previous sessions.. that sort of thing.  A story or at least background lore helps a lot too.

6 hours ago, Illusion of Terra said:

Building is the main pull factor I think which separates it from most battle royale games, even though they keep adding weapons that just shread builds anyway. But building is what defines the strategy as you have to make sure you have enough materials, get adequate weapons for build battles, be able to build in general, etc. I understand why a lot of people don't like that sort of thing though, especially when you have these 12 years olds who build like their fingers are hooked to a car battery lol 

Honestly though, I play it primarily because my friends play it :)

Snack World (Switch)

Cleared some of the side quests and worked on some of the main story as well. Ciderella scares the crap outta me, lol.

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Feeling the itch to work on my farm in this game lately. Still in the winter month so I'm just doing some quests and fishing to make time pass by. Also I screwed up after Sebastian asked my character about having a baby by quick clicking no (I was trying to speed through the end of the day part after my character fell asleep). Now I have to hope Sebastian asks again soon. I've been waiting forever for him to ask and I mess it up! *cries* 

Finished Planet Nomads.  Saved the colony ship, enabled the teleporter to Mars, saved mankind, made a bunch of money.  Too bad this game isn't multiplayer.

Now back to launching Kerbals.  :)  Got the 1.9 update + Breaking Ground installed.  Still waiting on my mods to get updated as well however, and depending on how long that takes I may just skip it.  Going to try to make some progress on my (1.8) "career" game while I can.  I'd like to finish a full runthrough one last time before KSP2 comes out.

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (Xbox One)

Started replaying this about a couple of months ago and kind of forgot about it until today. I forgot how challenging the side quests can be (with the dang conditions)  and how annoying it is to collect the secret scrolls. 😑

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Spring finally on my game! Only sad thing is I found Shane drunk as a skunk and passed out on the floor. He seems extremely sad and this hurts me. 

IMG_20200301_230854.thumb.jpg.43d819f4660f4e951c55621d73140648.jpg

IMG_20200301_230848.thumb.jpg.065e4d0c3756a8a60408e1ea90489a78.jpg

• Like 1

Scrubbed my Fallout4 saves. Starting anew! Just don't know which direction to go, yet. 

Perhaps I'll just download the mod that negates the main quest.