What Did You Do In Gaming Today

EnviousEnvy

The Sims 4 (PC)

Played this for most of the day. I made a new save file specifically for Realm of Magic and my main sim is Evanora Craft. She practices magic and brewing potions and owns a small shop selling extra supplies that she and her familiar find as well as tomes and other magical items. She also recently got into a relationship with the Sage of Untamed Magic.

Borderlands (Xbox)

Played a few hours of this with the fiance over the weekend.

The Walking Dead (Xbox)

Giving the first two seasons a replay then I need to start season three, four as well as the extras.

Spent a couple hours this evening after work playing with shader mods in minecraft.  Of course I tried SEUS first.. not with any real hope that my "old" radeon rx480 might be able to do anything even approaching what the latest-and-greatest GPUs can.  I just wanted to see how much it actually could do.  No ray tracing I'm afraid.  :( On the plus side the project did entice me to install a couple performance mods, including optifine, which I hadn't bothered with yet on my new system since the CPU/GPU could already do far more FPS than my "monitor" (an old TV) can handle.  It does have a few enhancements however, so I'm glad it is there now.  Almost feels like I didn't waste my evening.  :D

Now I just have to wait a few years until those $600 gfx cards come down to a price I consider reasonable.  :)

5 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

My sister-in-law just got that for Xbox.  I haven't played it but it looks pretty interesting from an over-the-shoulder perspective.

I had a hard time deciding whether to get it for Xbox or for PS4, but ultimately decided to get it for PS4 due to the fact I have more friends on there than Xbox. 

I got into Borderlands 3 more than the 1st one but my fiance wanted to play number 1, the 2nd and the prequel before starting 3 but I didn't want to wait any longer (plus I grew bored with the 1st). This one seems more action packed and less running 100 miles (exaggerated of course) from destination to destination. I mean I'm all for exploring but there wasn't much exploring in the 1st. Pretty much a deserted wasteland with a few enemies in my opinion. BL3 keeps me on my toes, lol.

Did some small tweaks to Sonic Ether's shader mod on Minecraft but I'm afraid I'm at the limits of my GPU.  I'm actually amazed it works this well.  :)  I can see how this would look awesome with a nice hi-res texture pack, but my poor GPU is about to melt as it is just with the shader.  I'm only getting in the low 20s (at best) in terms of frame rates too.  I'm sure that trying to push more pixels would just turn it into a slideshow.

Isn't that how it has always been with Minecraft though?  Feels just like old times.  :D

2019-09-20_21.20.04.png2019-09-20_21.19.24.png

2019-09-20_21.18.04.png2019-09-20_21.13.31.png

2019-09-19_17.36.37_2.png2019-09-19_17.53.12.png

Edited by efaardvark

Borderlands 3 (PS4)

Did a few missions, unlocked a new vehicle and Moxxi opened up her place so now I can spend all my hard earned cash on her damn slot machines, lmao.

Catherine Full Body (PS4)

Beat two stages of Vincent's nightmares and ran into some talking Sheep. What the heck? Lmao.

Star Wars: KotOR I (Xbox)

Doing another replay of the first KotOR since it's been like years. Made it to the lower Cantina, saved Dia from being killed by a bounty hunter, met Mission Vao and her wookie Zaalbar as well as Calo. 

I've been watching too many let's plays and not doing enough actual playing.  It is too easy to become a couch 'tuber!

I have gotten into the odd habit of starting a new survival game every time a new minecraft snapshot comes out.  Those don't last too long though since I usually play them on "hardcore", then die within a couple hours.  Or at most a few days.  :D 

Borderlands 3 (PS4)

Played a few story missions with my fiance but after he went to bed I went after some side missions.

Monster Hunter (PS4)

Ended up having to restart all the way from the beginning because somehow my saves went missing. 😢

Stardew Valley (Switch)

Made it to my second winter. Sebastian still hasn't asked for a child yet, ugh. 

Catherine Full Body (PS4)

The puzzles are becoming more and more challenging with each nightmare.

The Walking Dead - season one (PS4)

Got the entire Tell Tale series over the weekend so I'm doing a replay (& livestreaming it! Check it out on www.twitch.tv/Envious_envy ). 

Other than that I haven't done any real gaming today. Been so tired.

@EnviousEnvy I hear you on that.  Story of my last few months v_v  That said, I have been playing Stardew Valley on my PS4.  It was just a day or two in the game, but today I put in probably 4 hours into the game.  The updates are awesome ^_^  New stuff, new craftables, the Night Market is mine at last!  And needless to say, I'm enjoying it.  Almost had the entire community center done before the end of Year One but my stupid orchard trees didn't grow fast enough!  Argh...  Oh well, I might plant a couple in my greenhouse so I can get it done and over with.  I have a ton of tappers on the trees, plenty of maple syrup...going to have a whole armada of beehouses come Spring...  muwhahahahaha!!!!!  I may just plant flowers and have vegetables in the greenhouse from now on.  I think the PS4 version has been bugged for a while anyways.  I haven't managed to get any giant cauliflower, melons, or pumpkins with this savefile, no matter how big the field.  And my Rusty Key came around Artifact number 50 something.  I started counting when I didn't get it by the end of Summer. 

41 minutes ago, Beocat said:

@EnviousEnvy I hear you on that.  Story of my last few months v_v  That said, I have been playing Stardew Valley on my PS4.  It was just a day or two in the game, but today I put in probably 4 hours into the game.  The updates are awesome ^_^  New stuff, new craftables, the Night Market is mine at last!  And needless to say, I'm enjoying it.  Almost had the entire community center done before the end of Year One but my stupid orchard trees didn't grow fast enough!  Argh...  Oh well, I might plant a couple in my greenhouse so I can get it done and over with.  I have a ton of tappers on the trees, plenty of maple syrup...going to have a whole armada of beehouses come Spring...  muwhahahahaha!!!!!  I may just plant flowers and have vegetables in the greenhouse from now on.  I think the PS4 version has been bugged for a while anyways.  I haven't managed to get any giant cauliflower, melons, or pumpkins with this savefile, no matter how big the field.  And my Rusty Key came around Artifact number 50 something.  I started counting when I didn't get it by the end of Summer. 

I'm still so far behind on Stardew Valley. I've been hoping every time I play it that Sebastian will ask about having a baby but no such luck and it's driving me crazy.

Borderlands 3 (PS4)

Been working on this with my fiance. He likes doing the main missions right off the bat which drives me insane. So whenever I get the chance I'll go and do the side quests while he's at work or doing other things. 

One of the mods in the RLCraft modpack adds seasons to minecraft.  I started in a savanna near a desert and things were getting so hot that I was getting hyperthermia unless I spent all my time in a pond/water.

So I went to a forest biome that was on the other side of the savanna from the desert and built a "summer camp".  That worked for a while, but now it is winter and there's snow everywhere and I'm freezing to death!  Also, crops don't seem to grow well/quickly in the winter so food is running low.  

I've already made one trip back to the old place on the savanna to collect wheat from the old farm there.  Maybe I should just get into the habit of moving between the summer or winter homes depending on the season.

@efaardvark  Does burning wood or creating a fireplace help keep your home warm?  I keep functional fireplaces in all my Minecraft builds.  Either using the lavafall incased in glass/iron bars method (this actually makes some pretty impressive looking indoor firepits, and is great for a single lightsource in a larger room) or using netherrack as a constant burn source.

I haven't started gaming yet today, but have been plotting how I plan to spend the rest of winter lol...  I've got the Stardew Fever!  I'd turn in on right now but Aida is resting in the window and I don't want to disturb her. 

20191006_141805.thumb.jpg.623b969a549a9c9dfeb14c119a0a46e0.jpg

@Beocat .. yes, I've got fireplaces, at least in the "winter" home.  (The savanna place doesn't really need them.)  Fireplaces take a lot of wood to run though, and I haven't planted a lot of trees around that place yet so both wood and food are getting scarce.  Also, there's "kobolds" in the modpack that are making life (more) difficult.  They aren't very dangerous, but they're small enough to hide in grass, fast, and they pick up anything that drops on the ground.  If you're breaking crops or trees or whatever there's a decent chance that a kobold will run off with a lot of it before you get a chance to pick it up.  More than once I've run into monsters that ARE dangerous while chasing one of the little kobold bastards to get my stuff back too.  :D

Lava seems scarce too, at least on the surface in my area.  Delving is also dangerous and difficult in this modpack.  There's skills that you need to level up to mine anything beyond coal, and even coal is dangerous, especially to low-skill players, since about 1 in 20 breaks of coal results in a - surprise! - earth-elemental spawn.  😮  I've now got my mining, defense, and attack skills leveled to the point that I am reasonably confident of surviving, but only recently have I started any systematic digging for iron for buckets or armor, and I still haven't found any lava.  (Unless you count a bit sighted at the bottom of a crevasse, but that's got a dragon in it too so.. nope, not going there.)

2019-10-02_21.28.15.png

BTW, there's also giant ants that will steal your crops...

2019-10-04_21.09.34.png

very cold...

2019-10-05_20.11.27.png

Edited by efaardvark

Good news, bad news time.  The good news is that the dragon isn't guarding the only lava I know about anymore.  I think I preferred him safe in his crevasse instead of flying around overhead however..

2019-10-06_16_48_04.thumb.png.b58c5770a5ca30be8a30da498a5d9b25.png

On another topic... this has got to be a trap, right?  (I didn't even try, but I probably can't mine it with my mining skill anyway.  Even if I had an iron pick, which I don't.)

2019-10-06_17_03_30.thumb.png.39273894803deac422e0f0f1200a2a4f.png

At least the weather has warmed up a bit and thawed my fields..
2019-10-06_16_12_58.thumb.png.ba3235cb050f89b9269c27a2fae1ba64.png

Found out that lava in the RLCraft modpack (specifically the lycanites mod) can spawn mobs like Afrits.  Might not be a good idea to use it for indoor lighting and heating in my base(s) then.  :)